After the NFL combine it is now looking like 4 qb’s will go before the Steelers draft at 17. That means some very good players will fall. I think the Steelers will choose between
* The top 3 OT’s (NW, OSU, Georgia) but they could all be gone. Good depth at OT so they could still get a good one in the 2nd rd.
* The Pitt DT - He’s not a big run stuffer but more of a potential John Randle/Aaron Donald.
* ILB - Clemson kid with the Arkansas kid a long shot. Both can play all 3 downs. Not much depth at ILB in this draft.
* OSU wr Smith-Njigba - Didn’t run the 40 but had the best 3 cone drill & 20 yard shuttle times and looked good catching the ball. Would be a great slot wr.
* A lot of good cb in this draft, I don’t think the Steelers will take one in the 1st rd. The Alabama safety is a long, long shot but he didn’t run too well at the combine.
Pickett may not be a Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, Herbert but he has some potential. Give him good skilled players: what a potential 3 wr’s, te and rb’s the Steelers could have if Smith-Njigba is the real deal. I keep thinking of the ESPN gameday interview a couple of years ago with OSU wr’s Olive, Wilson & Smith-Njigba. The person asked who was the best between the 3 of them and Wilson & Olive both pointed towards Smith-Njigba. Players know who can play. Scared to death about him missing this past season & not at least trying to play in the National Title game. The Steelers would have to do some serious research on him but the talent is there.