2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Najee wont be around for his next contract. We all see it, he just does not explode in the hole.

WIth that said, I hate seeing us lose games, but I know it probaby is what is best for a quicker turnaround. I dont know of Pickett is T H E guy, but while we find out we need to rebuild other places. I think he is good enough to get us to the playoffs if we have solid around him.

I dont think they get rid of MT, but there is a lot of hatred towards him. He is fortunate that Canada is so bad that he gets the biggest brunt of it.
Yep

I dont think they get rid of MT, but there is a lot of hatred towards him. He is fortunate that Canada is so bad that he gets the biggest brunt of it.
I've said this on here before, but I do not understand why some Pitt fans dislike Tomlin. The man is a great coach. There are about 28 other teams that would trade coaches with you in a heartbeat. My Browns are one of them, I'd love to have him.

Careful what you wish for...

from what i've seen this season, Pickett "looks the part". he has the physical gifts. he can run/move when he needs to. he's made plenty of throws where i'm like "wow. that's a tough throw." has he missed some? sure. but he's taking care of the ball. he needs a more creative OC, a couple new OLineman, and a slightly improved/healthy defense.

i like what i've seen from him so far.

I've said this on here before, but I do not understand why some Pitt fans dislike Tomlin. The man is a great coach. There are about 28 other teams that would trade coaches with you in a heartbeat. My Browns are one of them, I'd love to have him.

As far as I can tell only people who are complete morons like Tomlin. They’re unable to parse out his bad coaching and simply turn to the race card to block the very warranted criticisms

Because he is black. cowher is revered but many of his teams underperformed.

Yep only complete morons would believe in a guy with a 631 winning percentage and a 19-3 record on Monday Night Football. I by no means am saying Tomlin is a Top 5 coach but he is not outside the Top 10.

I take Crusaders comments in stride. If it were up to Crusader he would trout out Duck Hodges as the Steelers starter and have Carson Strong as the backup.

Yep only complete morons would believe in a guy with a 631 winning percentage and a 19-3 record on Monday Night Football. I by no means am saying Tomlin is a Top 5 coach but he is not outside the Top 10.

I take Crusaders comments in stride. If it were up to Crusader he would trout out Duck Hodges as the Steelers starter and have Carson Strong as the backup.

remember, WJ-OSU, he's just a cheerleader, rah-rah, personnel motivator on the sidelines who does nothing to schematically prepare his teams to play. he can't make adjustments, he won't watch film with Najee, etc., etc, etc. he needs to be fired,

this rant was brought to you by Crusaders, who hasn't won a playoff game in his entire career, let alone 2 super bowl victories. but hey, Tomlin should be gone because we haven't won a playoff game in several years.

this rant is also brought you by all the spoiled Steelers fans who think we should just automatically be IN the playoffs EVERY year, because it's SO EASY to get there in this league.

ok, i'm done.

I could care less if Tomlin is green. His record speaks for itself, and he is a great manager/motivator. Every coach gets some decisions wrong. Especially with the benefit of hindsight. But Tomlin wins, and even in losses the teams are tough competitors. Belicheck and Reid are top of the class, obviously. The next tier might be 5 or 6 coaches but Tomlin is in that group.

Perhaps Crusaders expects a 1.000 winning percentage?

I believe the Monday Night game record of 19-3 speaks volumes. Players are extra motivated to play in that game, everyone in the league is watching. One wants to do well in front of their peers. I understand a blind squirrel gets a nut every now & then but 19-3…..Perhaps Crusader can explain to me why I might be viewing that static incorrectly.

And, wasn’t one of those victories with that be Duck Hodges starting at qb vs the Chargers (Bell won it late td or 2pt conversion run I believe)? Maybe it was a Sunday night game, sorry I can’t recall.

Complete morons bring up completely meaningless stats and entirely false statements to make their case lol
OK genius, please list the NFL coaches that you would prefer to have as the Steelers coach. We eagerly await your list, oh wise one.

I believe the Monday Night game record of 19-3 speaks volumes. Players are extra motivated to play in that game, everyone in the league is watching. One wants to do well in front of their peers. I understand a blind squirrel gets a nut every now & then but 19-3…..Perhaps Crusader can explain to me why I might be viewing that static incorrectly.

And, wasn’t one of those victories with that be Duck Hodges starting at qb vs the Chargers (Bell won it late td or 2pt conversion run I believe)? Maybe it was a Sunday night game, sorry I can’t recall.

It doesn't speak to anything, except to people desperately grasping for anything that prevents them from acknowledging the people are correct who've said for years Tomlin is a hack and would fall apart without a HOF QB bailing him out

The fact you keep bringing up Duck Hodges just proves how insecure you are about this. The words you put in my mouth about this are hilarious

Last edited:
It doesn't speak to anything, except to people desperately grasping for anything that prevents them from acknowledging the people are correct who've said for years Tomlin is a hack and would fall apart without a HOF QB bailing him out

The fact you keep bringing up Duck Hodges just proves how insecure you are about this. The words you put in my mouth about this are hilarious

Find me a coach in the Super Bowl era who has as good of a record as Tomlin who DID NOT have an above average quarterback.

pretty tough to do.

"I'm going to circumvent the point because I can't dispute it"

It's a farce of a question to begin with. No other organization would have kept him around this long. No one else lets a guy ride old accomplishments for an eternity. Anywhere else, if he wasn't gone after Tebow, he would've been gone after Bortles. And if not then by some drunk miracle, he'd have been gone after the Browns. But no. Our dumb owner just keeps printing extensions and dooming us to worse and worse seasons.

I swear it would take you numbskulls a decade of futility to even begin to accept that the dude is actually a bum. The satisfaction with being mediocre that's come over this fanbase just to avoid criticizing the HC is beyond comedy.

"I'm going to circumvent the point because I can't dispute it"

It's a farce of a question to begin with. No other organization would have kept him around this long. No one else lets a guy ride old accomplishments for an eternity. Anywhere else, if he wasn't gone after Tebow, he would've been gone after Bortles. And if not then by some drunk miracle, he'd have been gone after the Browns. But no. Our dumb owner just keeps printing extensions and dooming us to worse and worse seasons.

I swear it would take you numbskulls a decade of futility to even begin to accept that the dude is actually a bum. The satisfaction with being mediocre that's come over this fanbase just to avoid criticizing the HC is beyond comedy.
plenty of us on here have criticized Tomlin, myself included. we just don't go to the level of it that you do, which is when you lose in the playoffs you deserve to be fired. i don't care if it's Tebow, Bortles, the Browns or whatever - other NFL teams have REALLY good players AND coaches as well, who are also playing their asses off trying to win, so to think that just because of one player or the fact that it was the Browns means we should just automatically win and if we don't then he should be gone, that simply goes too far. losing in the playoffs isn't being "mediocre". you are exactly the kind of Steeler fan - the spoiled, why don't we get to the Super Bowl every year - kind of fan, and when that doesn't happen, you chalk it up as a "failure".

when's the last time we actually picked in the top 10 of the draft because of our record?

now, my biggest criticism will be, loyalty or not, if he doesn't have the stones change OC's after this season, then the Rooney's should MAKE him do it. that's my biggest concern heading into next season.

“Morons, numbskulls, idiot owner”….Crusaders words not mine. Crusader reminds me of former Yankee owner George Steinbrenner without the $$$$$.

Crusader - I continually refer to former Steeler qb Duck Hodges because you once stated he would be a fine qb for a tank season and yet Tomlin was 3-3 with the him as a starting qb. Now, I’m a big fan of the Duck. Duck maxed out his talents and made it to the highest level of competition on limited ability. To start 6 games in the NFL & win 3 of them with the Duck…..that’s impressive. Regarding Carson Strong - You were high on him entering last years draft and disregarded his complete lack of mobility (Strong has had knee injuries). Strong wasn’t drafted last year, signed with the Eagles as a FA but was cut during training camp.

I do believe winning with a backup qb is a reflection on the entire organization and coaching. Backup Steeler qb’s to start during Tomlin’s tenure:
* Duck Hodges 3-3
* Landry Jones 3-2
* Dennis Dixon 2-1
* Byron Leftwitch 0-1
* Michael Vick 2-1
* Mason Rudolph 5-4-1
===================
Total 15-12-1

You bring it up like some kind of trump card and make yourself look like an idiot every single time 😂

I don’t even know why you’re bringing up Carson Strong lmao I talked about him like last December or January prior to the Senior Bowl as a possible climber but he never showed up. It’s completely irrelevant to anything other than your insecure need to find something I’ve been “wrong” about

What does everybody think of the game @ Atlanta this Sunday? We started out as a 2 point favorite on the road. I was surprised that we were favorite against any road opponent this season. I think we've got a good shot to get one. Atlanta's passing game is pretty bad and although they're 4th in the league on the ground I don't forsee them running up and down the field on us. Hoping Kenny takes a step further and get in the end zone a couple more times.

What does everybody think of the game @ Atlanta this Sunday? We started out as a 2 point favorite on the road. I was surprised that we were favorite against any road opponent this season. I think we've got a good shot to get one. Atlanta's passing game is pretty bad and although they're 4th in the league on the ground I don't forsee them running up and down the field on us. Hoping Kenny takes a step further and get in the end zone a couple more times.
Win by 2.

First “winning streak” of the season. 27-24 Steelers.

Well gentlemen we have some very winnable games coming up. 1 the red zone offense needs to put 6 on the board instead of 3. 2 DJ needs to learn how to catch a ball. 3 The offense can score in the first half but has been crap in the second half. Need more points. The dirty birds might be without Jackson come sunday. Still a winnable game. Let’s take this one week at a time. But IMO this team is improving each week and is giving me hope for next year. Go Stillers!!!!!

This season is all about the development of the QB - Kenny Pickett. 4 straight games of 0 turnovers, that’s solid play for a rookie. Granted, the Colts & Falcons are not top flight NFL teams but impressive none the less. As Bluestreak1980 said, the offense has to get 6 instead of 3. That’s the difference between the top flight qb’s and the average/solid backup NFL qb’s. Steelers have a league leading 32 fg attempts. One other thing that may need to be nipped in the butt - Pickens attitude/demeanor - don’t want a drama queen wr.

If the draft were today the Steelers would be picking 14th. Here is the current slot of all Steelers picks in 2023:
* First round-No. 14
* Second round (From Chicago)-No. 33
* Second round-No. 44
* Third round-No. 75
* Fourth round-No. 114
* Seventh round-No. 207
* Seventh round-No. 225

Got to hit on at least 2, hopefully 3 of the first four picks with solid first year starters.

This season is all about the development of the QB - Kenny Pickett. 4 straight games of 0 turnovers, that’s solid play for a rookie. Granted, the Colts & Falcons are not top flight NFL teams but impressive none the less. As Bluestreak1980 said, the offense has to get 6 instead of 3. That’s the difference between the top flight qb’s and the average/solid backup NFL qb’s. Steelers have a league leading 32 fg attempts. One other thing that may need to be nipped in the butt - Pickens attitude/demeanor - don’t want a drama queen wr.

If the draft were today the Steelers would be picking 14th. Here is the current slot of all Steelers picks in 2023:
* First round-No. 14
* Second round (From Chicago)-No. 33
* Second round-No. 44
* Third round-No. 75
* Fourth round-No. 114
* Seventh round-No. 207
* Seventh round-No. 225

Got to hit on at least 2, hopefully 3 of the first four picks with solid first year starters.

i will add that this it is also the difference between a below average OC and an above average OC.