2023 Mid State League Football

LCL

Let the discussion begin,

With the formation of the Central Buckeye League, all Ohio members, except for Harvest Prep will be departing, thus leaving the MSL with only two divisions and Harvest Prep.

I've read that MSL commisioner Jim Hayes will serve as an advisory to the newly formed conference, whether that has anything to do with scheduling I dont know.

Obviously Prep was the reason the Ohio collapsed. Are the former Ohio teams still obligated to play them this season?

In the remaing Divisions, Millersport is scheduled to rejoin for football this year. Is there any chance that the Cardinal follows in the Ohio's footsteps considering they have to play Prep in all other sports.

As far as the Buckeye goes, will there be any chance the Buckeye goes after a replacement for Teays, or will they just stay pat?

And for Prep, what will be their next steps going forward? If they dont play former Ohio teams will they be forced to play independent? I cant imagine the commissioner forcing the Cardinal teams to play them, and I know the Buckeye teams will not play them.

Lots of questions concerning the future of the MSL.

Most of these questions already have an answer… it’s just the case that there isn’t a meaningful difference in Making It Official in December vs January vs March vs May vs June vs July.

Will Say Grandview Hts already has a Central Buckeye League Banner hanging in their gym-members Bexley, Buckeye Valley, Bishop Ready, Columbus School for Girls, Columbus Academy, Grandview Hts, Whitehall, Worthington Christian.

There is not a replacement for Teays Valley at this time for the Buckeye Division. This will be the Vikings' final season in the MSL. Expect to see the Buckeye go with seven, at least in the short term.

Three new coaches in the Buckeye for 2023 so far - Brian Cross (Teays Valley), Chet Saum (Amanda-Clearcreek) and Andy Clark (Fairfield Union).

Bloom-Carroll is the clear favorite until someone dethrones the Bulldogs. They advanced to a state championship game for the first time in program history this past season.

Logan Elm lost quite a bit to graduation with players like Blayton Reid, Braylen Baker, RJ Weber and others, but return some significant pieces in quarterback Aaron Walters, Landon Thompson, Carson Summers and others. I expect Michael Bock to take over at the tailback and do a nice job.

Hamilton Township can never be ruled out with its athletic potential.

Amanda is coming off its worst season in nearly 50 years, but it played a ton of freshmen of sophomores and I think we will see that development start to pay off this season. Potential for 4-5 wins with the schedule. The incoming senior class is the last small class and we will see Amanda's numbers return closer to 55-65 starting in 2024.

Liberty Union and Fairfield Union both lost a lot and I expect those two schools to fight for the bottom of the division. Circleville lost its quarterback (Scott Moats) and some other pieces to graduation and have a tougher schedule in 2023. Those three should be 6-8.

So the revised Central Buckeye League is:

Bexley*
Buckeye Valley *
Bishop Ready
Columbus School for Girls *
Columbus Academy *
Grandview Hts *
Whitehall
Worthington Christian
* was a member of the old CBL

I believe West Jefferson is happy with the OHC conference but WJ would be a nice fit as the 8th football playing school.

Question - What year did Grandview win the old CBL in football?

Bexley*
Buckeye Valley *
Bishop Ready
Columbus Academy *
Grandview Hts *
Whitehall
Worthington Christian

I believe West Jefferson is happy with the OHC conference but WJ would be a nice fit as the 8th football playing school.

it seems to me like the Madison County schools will do anything and everything to avoid traveling to Columbus for league games. can you blame them?

i’m surprised that Buckeye Valley is doing it, as well.

Bexley*
Buckeye Valley *
Bishop Ready
Columbus Academy *
Grandview Hts *
Whitehall
Worthington Christian

This seems to be a perfect league for St. Charles to bail out of the CCL if they wanted to. Ready's already done it.

This seems to be a perfect league for St. Charles to bail out of the CCL if they wanted to. Ready's already done it.
It would be, but we’re not going to see Chucks break the faith alignment for athletics purposes anytime soon.

Bexley*
Buckeye Valley *
Bishop Ready
Columbus Academy *
Grandview Hts *
Whitehall
Worthington Christian

This has to be the most diverse league in the State

Not for football. They might compete better but these are d4/5 schools and they would struggle to get D1 harbin points I'm going to guess.

Bexley*
Buckeye Valley *
Bishop Ready
Columbus Academy *
Grandview Hts *
Whitehall
Worthington Christian

probably the year lachey's kid was there! I thought i heard Grandview will be independent for football. Is that accurate?

probably the year lachey's kid was there! I thought i heard Grandview will be independent for football. Is that accurate?
They’re (nominally) going to be under league sponsorship for football, but they’re only playing conference foe Worthington Christian. (*) In scheduling terms, they are effectively an independent.

(*) they are also playing conference compatriot Bexley, but it remains to be seen if that’s a permanent fixture in their longtime scheduling.

The Lachey kid graduated in 2020 (2019 football season) when Grandview was in the MSL. I was wondering when Grandview won the old CBL in football which would have been approximately between 1970 something up to 1990.

As for Grandview becoming an independent in football - I have not herd that.

The Lachey kid graduated in 2020 (2019 football season) when Grandview was in the MSL. I was wondering when Grandview won the old CBL in football which would have been approximately between 1970 something up to 1990.

As for Grandview becoming an independent in football - I have not herd that.
Luke did graduate in 2020.

He was a dawg.