2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spitballing ideas for the defense: give Clark the goal of adding 10-15 lbs to get to 220lbs and move him to the Obie position. Adds more athleticism to that position and puts him in a position to rush the passer a bit more off the edge. McConnell was taking reps from Clark last year at Sam linebacker and is a long athlete just growing into his frame.

The secondary has a few returning starters but I hope all those positions are truly up for grabs. Secondary was the obvious weakness of the defense last year and while they all played “okay” it seemed like nobody in the secondary really made plays. If Gamble is log jammed behind guys on offense let him play safety or corner. We need more speed and play making ability in the secondary that’s for sure.

Tigers will be good, real good but not good enough to get by Hoban, Winton Woods, LaSalle and TCC still better…..The drought continues……
Wow, thanks....could you please give us a detailed rundown on each of those teams you mentioned? Ya know, what kind of production they have returning, experience, how their jv squads made out, who they expect to contribute next year. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost to SVSM 39-11 in 2011
Lost to Alter 27-12 in 2009
Lost to Steubenville 22-14 and 14-0 in 2015 and 2010.
Thank You.

I believe their program has gotten better in the last few years. Didn’t they defeat Middletown, DE. 42-0 last year?

For future consideration, what about a good team from the Washington, D.C., area like DeMatha, Archbishop Carroll or Gonzaga?
Well, I'm glad to see that the Massillon AD took my advice from earlier this month and scheduled a D.C.-area team--in this case, St. John's.

Massillon fans, I'm curious. Where will the St. John's team stay during their visit.

Massillon fans, again another question.

When the Tigers bring in an out-of-state opponent for a game, do you provide a guaranteed financial payout? What is that amount? After travel, lodging and meals, can opponents generally finish with extra money?

Massillon fans, again another question.

When the Tigers bring in an out-of-state opponent for a game, do you provide a guaranteed financial payout? What is that amount? After travel, lodging and meals, can opponents generally finish with extra money?
Nobody on yappi is going to know that info for a fact. It isn’t like the athletic department is just going to throw out that kind of info.

Well, I'm glad to see that the Massillon AD took my advice from earlier this month and scheduled a D.C.-area team--in this case, St. John's.

Massillon fans, I'm curious. Where will the St. John's team stay during their visit.
Buckeye Motel on Lincoln Way West near Kenyon Ave just down from the legendary John George's.

(no, they are not; I would guess Hampton Inn in Massillon or Belden area).

Status
Not open for further replies.