2023 Massillon Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
This is a continuation of the 2022 thread updated for the 2023 season.

This thread will be for the Massillon fans and those that are genuinely interested in the Tigers in a positive way.

For those that want to cause disruptions or troll Massillon, they will be blocked from posting in this thread. Please do not start a second Massillon thread as these blocks are for single threads only.

If someone is causing problems, do not engage with those posts. Simply report it. I'm not on 24 hours a day (sometimes it feels like it), so give me a little time to get to it.

I certainly hope the last game of the 22’ season showed every underclassmen in the program that they better live in that weigh room this off season.
I don’t ever remember a season where there will be this many returning starters along with basically every backup.

I certainly hope the last game of the 22’ season showed every underclassmen in the program that they better live in that weigh room this off season.
I don’t ever remember a season where there will be this many returning starters along with basically every backup.
Yep. Ultimately, the team will be as good as the players themselves WANT to be. The off-season weight program is great and all but it’s not enough on its own. The kids need to do the work on their own as well.

Massillon 2023 Schedule
1- Valdosta(GA)
2- GlenOak
3- Mansfield
4-Elkhart(IN)
5-Lakewood St Edward
6- Middletown(DE)
7-St John Collegiate(DC)
8- @Austintown Fitch
9- Warren Harding
10-@Canton McKinley

Last edited:
Week 4 has been filled by a team from out of state. Waiting for the schedule release for it to be announced.

Massillon
1- NE Ohio Classic Opponents
2- GlenOak
3- Mansfield
4-
5-Lakewood St Edward
6-
7-
8- @Austintown Fitch
9- Warren Harding
10-@Canton McKinley

who could fill in week 4-7?
This may not be a popular view, but I'd love to see Canfield. I believe they're open week 7, too.

Last edited:
I believe this game should always be a home and home at Lakewood and PBTS but you can’t argue if St Ed’s is ok with the game always at PBTS.

The way I look at is they get a rare NE OH opponent and spot us home field, we spot them solid favorites, and everyone gets a good gate.

Mentor I might feel guilty about. Wouldn't mind revamping that home/away series.

This may not be a popular view, but I'd love to see Canfield. I believe they're open week 7, too.
There is no way in the near future Canfield would ever play Massillon. They really have nothing to gain from playing Massillon. Plus, their toughest games this year were Chaney, West Branch, and Dover. Massillon's toughest games were Moeller and Ed's. The only way I think Canfield would play Massillon is if they got a lot bigger or Massillon really dropped off, and as long as Moore is at Massillon, I don't see them dropping off. I know they stomped us a year when we went toe to toe with Massillon, but we were really banged up. Massillon has way more depth than Fitch. Do I think they can give Massillon a game? Yeah, I think they can, but there is no reason for them to play the Tigers.

The way I look at is they get a rare NE OH opponent and spot us home field, we spot them solid favorites, and everyone gets a good gate.

Mentor I might feel guilty about. Wouldn't mind revamping that home/away series.
They think it's a great experience for their kids to play against the Tigers @ PBTS.

They think it's a great experience for their kids to play against the Tigers @ PBTS.

Ed would be an easy team to "hate" in the public vs. private debate, but I appreciate their appreciation. We've developed a mutual respect going back to annual scrimmage partners. I guess it helps that we are a better program now than during the Iggy series on a consistent basis, so the games are more competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.