2023 Football Opponent Results

He will probably be the power running Qb like Bittner was and Ramsey was last year.
That doesn’t solve the issue in the run game. I understand it’s not easy switching to a new position in season, but it’s an option to be explored. They’re not winning more than 3 games if they don’t fix the issue with the run game.

I need the people who think the personnel from last week should stay the same to explain their logic. How many games can they win this yr with zero run game? Not many.

PN’s Front 7 is nothing special outside of 1 player. Eds, Moe, both Xs have significantly better front 7s. You’re basically forfeiting those games if you don’t make a change. And that’s not accounting for how clearly Brass was banged up by the end of the game.

The Illinois commit was giving constant pressure. The problems in the 3rd quarter I think is they were not leaving anyone in the backfield to help block. It was 4 on 5 and someone was getting pressure. PN defensive line is a lot better than you're giving them credit for.

I know you don't like a difficult schedule, but this I think was a game Elder needed. I still would have liked this game to be week 2 and have an easier week 1 warm up, especially with all of the new players on offense, but Elder will get better from this game. It obviously wasn't all bad. Elder showed a lot of flashes on why they can and will be a really good team.

The Illinois commit was giving constant pressure. The problems in the 3rd quarter I think is they were not leaving anyone in the backfield to help block. It was 4 on 5 and someone was getting pressure. PN defensive line is a lot better than you're giving them credit for.

I know you don't like a difficult schedule, but this I think was a game Elder needed. I still would have liked this game to be week 2 and have an easier week 1 warm up, especially with all of the new players on offense, but Elder will get better from this game. It obviously wasn't all bad. Elder showed a lot of flashes on why they can and will be a really good team.
I like a balance In difficult games. A vaunted schedule wears a team down and strains your depth. A schedule with 2-3 easy wins is usually very helpful. Now, I don’t mean east like that god awful home school team a few yrs ago, but someone like Ryle or Cov Cath.

I have not been called insane yet on here but have been told I am “out of touch”.
but please answer- when Schachleiter comes back:
Does Brass go to the bench the rest of the year.
Does Schack lose his job and sit the bench.
Does Brass go to running back.
Does Brass go to H back or defense.
???
And no fair saying Ramsey will figure it out. This forum is about opinions so yours is required. And you already know mine- Brass to running back this week. The frosh or Roden starts at qb.

and insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Let’s have fun we are all in this togethe

Roden was and is ahead of Shachleiter before Shachleiter got hurt. The 150 pound freshman qb played against Oak Hills 3rd string defensive. The Freshman Qb will have a chance of starting next year as he gets bigger and stronger!

Roden was and is ahead of Shachleiter before Shachleiter got hurt. The 150 pound freshman qb played against Oak Hills 3rd string defensive. The Freshman Qb will have a chance of starting next year as he gets bigger and stronger!
That’s just not true. I don’t know what goes on in practice, but Roden struggled pretty substantially in both scrimmages.

He did struggle…….What do you think Shachleiter and the freshman would have done against Lakota West D? Freshman was going against Oak Hills kids that will never see the field.

He did struggle…….What do you think Shachleiter and the freshman would have done against Lakota West D? Freshman was going against Oak Hills kids that will never see the field.
I expect Schachleiter would’ve performed better, if healthy. And that still doesn’t excuse struggling vs OH. I think he actually had a tougher scrimmage vs them than West. And I don’t want to seem like I’m ripping the kid, he’s a good athlete and can add value to the team, I’m just not sure he’s the best option to start at QB.

Then again, I’m not at practices maybe it’s entirely difft and the scrimmages were outliers. Regardless, something has to change at RB.

Ramsey runs basic plays in scrimmage and doesn’t show anything.

Brass will start at quarterback as long as he’s healthy. Hopefully Meyer the Senior running back comes back soon!

I didn't know where else to put this. I just noticed Moeller will play their 4th straight Indiana opponent tonight at Center Grove. They are probably not favored in this one. They could go 1-3 vs. Indiana football. I've always felt like Ohio football was superior to Indiana, but maybe not. I realize some Indiana public schools are much bigger than Ohio's.

I didn't know where else to put this. I just noticed Moeller will play their 4th straight Indiana opponent tonight at Center Grove. They are probably not favored in this one. They could go 1-3 vs. Indiana football. I've always felt like Ohio football was superior to Indiana, but maybe not. I realize some Indiana public schools are much bigger than Ohio's.
Heard Steve klonne announced his retirement yesterday.

I thought he retired several years ago. 🤷‍♂️
He was Moeller's head coach from 1982 until 2000 when Bob Crable was given the job. Klonne went on to coach at McNicholas for a number of seasons. In recent years, he returned to Moeller as an assistant/"special adviser to the head coach" If memory serves correctly, he may not have left fully of his own volition 23 years ago, but despite whatever might or might not have transpired back then he's going to be honored by Moeller in a couple of weeks. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...onne-retires-from-football-staff/70773244007/

Week 4:
North won the Battle of Pickerington 39-34 to remain undefeated on the season
Neumann & Goretti plays Canarsie (NY) on Saturday
Springboro shutout Beavercreek 31-0 to get their first win of the season
St. Edward visits The Pit tomorrow afternoon
Louisville St. X is off this week
St. Xavier beat Withrow 14-10
Moeller fell to 1-3 on the season when the lost in OT 35-34 (shout out @EagleFan ) to Center Grove the top team in Indiana. Moeller went for 2 and the win, but were denied. For what it's worth, St. Edward beat Center Grove 27-10 in week 1.
Life Christian Academy played Good Counsel (MD) tonight, but I haven't been able to find the score
La Salle won over Louisville Central 21-0 and are now 3-1 on the season

Other scores of note:
Hamilton continues to roll and defeated Oak Hills 26-7 tonight.
Western Hills remains winless. Next week they face 0-4 Northwest.
The Milford Eagles are once again atop region 4 with a 56-35 win over Anderson.

He was Moeller's head coach from 1982 until 2000 when Bob Crable was given the job. Klonne went on to coach at McNicholas for a number of seasons. In recent years, he returned to Moeller as an assistant/"special adviser to the head coach" If memory serves correctly, he may not have left fully of his own volition 23 years ago, but despite whatever might or might not have transpired back then he's going to be honored by Moeller in a couple of weeks. https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...onne-retires-from-football-staff/70773244007/
Klonne is a St X grad, but coached at Elder and Turpin prior to Moe.

Your are correct. He did not want to leave Moe in 2000, but the powers that be decided otherwise. That’s all I will say about that because it still makes me mad—how that entire situation was handled on Moe’s end.

After he left Moe, Klonne went to coach at McNick where his son played. He had a great run there; his name is now attached to McNick’s football field.

He returned to coach at Moe (O-line I believe) in 2012 and was on their staff for both the ‘12 & ‘13 state championship teams. He remained part of Moe’s staff through last season.

He was a great coach.

Good God would you give it a rest you lunatic. If I were Elder I would have security keeping an eye on you at the game if you show up today. Your erratic behavior is worrisome at best and threatening at its worst.
he must have stopped taking his meds

Klonne is a St X grad, but coached at Elder and Turpin prior to Moe.

Your are correct. He did not want to leave Moe in 2000, but the powers that be decided otherwise. That’s all I will say about that because it still makes me mad—how that entire situation was handled on Moe’s end.

After he left Moe, Klonne went to coach at McNick where his son played. He had a great run there; his name is now attached to McNick’s football field.

He returned to coach at Moe (O-line I believe) in 2012 and was on their staff for both the ‘12 & ‘13 state championship teams. He remained part of Moe’s staff through last season.

He was a great coach.
I remember him”stealing” cookies from kids’ (mostly football players) lunches while he was at Elder. 🤣

Everyone associated with Eds is trash. So many of you are just weak, they don’t respect Elder or anyone else, that’s reflective in their actions. Why are so many of you bending over backwards to act like this is a friendly encounter?

End this series, schedule a Bye Week. Ville X has one this week and I don’t think it’s going to hurt them. There’s no advantages to playing a stacked schedule. All that happens is players get hurt and your depth gets shot to hell.

Last edited:
People should listen to me more, Eds is garbage and they showed that with their behavior. End the series with these trashy r**ards

Of course Mason, who shouldn’t be eligible, had a big play in the game. And next yr, the new big transfers they bring in will do the same

Good God would you give it a rest you lunatic. If I were Elder I would have security keeping an eye on you at the game if you show up today. Your erratic behavior is worrisome at best and threatening at its worst.
I was 100% right, typical Cleveland low lives