2023 Elder Football

Could someone list the probable starters so I can mark up my roster?

This should be close.

QB Brass 6'2" 205 SR
RB Meier/Meyer/Thamann
FB Taylor/Lyons
LT Schorsch 6'5" 298 SR
LG James 6'2" 250 JR
C Roth 6'1" 240 SR
RG Weidner 6'0 250 SR
RT Goettke 6'5" 240 SR
TE Boeing 6'5" 225 JR
WR Murphy 6'4" 170 SR
WR Mirus 6'0" 185 SR
WR Harmeling 5'9" 150 JR

DE Heitz 6'2" 250 SR
NG Ginn 6'1" 255 SR
DE McKenna 6'3" 235 SR
LB Arnold 6'2" 225 JR
LB Dugan 6'0" 230 SR
LB Cowans 6'2" 210 JR
LB Fortkamp 6'0" 185 SR
CB Uran 6'1" 173 SO
CB Priestle 5'10" 170 SR
S Sandhas 5'9" 155 JR
S Stallmeyer 5'8" 185 SR

This should be close.

QB Brass 6'2" 205 SR
RB Meier/Meyer/Thamann
FB Taylor/Lyons
LT Schorsch 6'5" 298 SR
LG James 6'2" 250 JR
C Roth 6'1" 240 SR
RG Weidner 6'0 250 SR
RT Goettke 6'5" 240 SR
TE Boeing 6'5" 225 JR
WR Murphy 6'4" 170 SR
WR Mirus 6'0" 185 SR
WR Harmeling 5'9" 150 JR

DE Heitz 6'2" 250 SR
NG Ginn 6'1" 255 SR
DE McKenna 6'3" 235 SR
LB Arnold 6'2" 225 JR
LB Dugan 6'0" 230 SR
LB Cowans 6'2" 210 JR
LB Fortkamp 6'0" 185 SR
CB Uran 6'1" 173 SO
CB Priestle 5'10" 170 SR
S Sandhas 5'9" 155 JR
S Stallmeyer 5'8" 185 SR
Thanks

I was watching Channel 19 highlights last night and the highlights of the NKY teams, I think, are what alot of Elder posters want to get back to. You can tell that playing for the neighborhood school is important, and it's much less about going out and recruiting the best talent. There are alot of similarities between NKY football and the type of teams Elder now has, IMO.

The problem is in Ohio, it's still and will remain a top 5 recruiting state in the country. Very good players will be drawn and recruited to the best programs because the recruiting landscape in so rich in Ohio.

I said previously after the Massillon-Moeller scrimmage that Moeller looks vulnerable. Region 4 is wide open. Elder is still very much in the discussion of the team to come out of Region 4. After week 1 I would rank it St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Lakota West, Princeton.

I said previously after the Massillon-Moeller scrimmage that Moeller looks vulnerable. Region 4 is wide open. Elder is still very much in the discussion of the team to come out of Region 4. After week 1 I would rank it St. Xavier, Moeller, Elder, Lakota West, Princeton

Marshall is going to run for at least 300 yards on Elder. They couldn’t stop Williams-Dixon and he’s not the caliber of player Marshall is.

Ryan Brass' 22 TDs scored in the regular season are tied for second most all-time in the regular season at Elder. Bradley Glatthaar (unsurprisingly) holds the record for most touchdowns at 23 set in 2002. Brass tied the mark that was set by Ennis Jim in the 10-0 season of 1991.

Ryan Brass' 22 TDs scored in the regular season are tied for second most all-time in the regular season at Elder. Bradley Glatthaar (unsurprisingly) holds the record for most touchdowns at 23 set in 2002. Brass tied the mark that was set by Ennis Jim in the 10-0 season of 1991.
Thats great company. Ryan Brass has carried this offense all year long and deserves every accolade coming his way. Not sure an Elder player has ever had such an "unexpected" impact. Go back and read the posts last year speculating about this season. Ryan's name isn't even listed as a likely starter. Remarkable!

Also good to see Bradley Glatthaar at the Elder v Oak Hills game last night.

Brass 25 TD's is that a team record? Saw he did get Co GCL player of the year.
In addition to Brass splitting Co-POY, the Panthers also had the following members of All-GCL Teams:

First Team
Jr. LB Maddux Arnold
Sr. DL Colton Ginn
Sr. WR Josh Mirus
Sr. OL Jacob Schorsch
Sr. DB Max Stallmeyer

Second Team
Jr. TE Brayden Boeing
Sr. LB Luke Fortkamp
Sr. WR Drew Murphy
Sr. OL Thomas Roth
Sr. OL Dominic Weidner

In addition to Brass splitting Co-POY, the Panthers also had the following members of All-GCL Teams:

First Team
Jr. LB Maddux Arnold
Sr. DL Colton Ginn
Sr. WR Josh Mirus
Sr. OL Jacob Schorsch
Sr. DB Max Stallmeyer

Second Team
Jr. TE Brayden Boeing
Sr. LB Luke Fortkamp
Sr. WR Drew Murphy
Sr. OL Thomas Roth
Sr. OL Dominic Weidner
Congratulations to these young men!

Anevski- BC
Bujnoch- UC
Wood- Louisville
Wolf- ?
Bauer- Wofford
McKenna- Wofford

I might be wrong about 4 of them playing D1. Wolf might not have played in College.
Bujnoch and Anvenski both got sniffs at the the Nfl in training camps/practice squads if memory serves me.

Wood had a nice pro bowl level career for about 7-8 yrs in the nfl. Helleva O line no doubt.

Congratulations to Ryan Brass, Jacob Schorsch, Josh Mirus and Maddox Arnold. Brass and Schorsch were named D1 first team all-Ohio, Mirus was second team and Arnold was honorable mention.

I will repeat what I posted above...Not sure an Elder player has EVER had such an "unexpected" impact. Go back and read the posts last year speculating about this season. Ryan's name isn't even listed as the likely starter among Elder fans until August and now he is 1st team All State! Remarkable!

Last edited:
I will repeat what I posted above...Not sure an Elder player has EVER had such an "unexpected" impact. Go back and read the posts last year speculating about this season. Ryan's name isn't even listed as the likely starter among Elder fans until August and now he is 1st team All State! Remarkable!
Truly amazing! A beast.
did Schrosch come from Oak Hills?