2023 EBC Baseball

I like this. Just unfortunately for Marlington; Denham is also injured and out for the year. I could see Minerva giving a team a scare on an off night... It's baseball, anything can happen. But I agree, I think they will be towards the bottom of the conference.
I finally got some intel about Minerva. They will likely struggle in the league but should be competitive in non-league games due to a favorable schedule. They do not have any fireballers or any true college recruits on the team. The 4 names that started last year are seniors Frazier, Commons, Rich and Smith and they are all decent players and all can pitch and throw strikes. They will have a to replace some pitching on a team that only won 1 league game last year. I believe Frazier was the 3 pitcher last year and did pitch some good games last season. I did hear that they played solid in the first scrimmage against East Canton but competing with EBC teams is a different animal. They did play some teams close last year and I believe they can again this year. Usually you hear a lot about the baseball team in Minerva and some of the kids on the team but this year I just didn't hear much yet.

Looks like Marlington plays a very good Walsh Jesuit team in the opening round of the 8 team PBR High School Invitational on March 31 in Northwest Ohio. Should be a good one.

Whew. How good was West Holmes?
The were really good. I saw game 1 and they hit line drives all over the field. they had very good athletes at every position, I talked to some parents and they have one of their better teams. I don't know if they are better than the ebc elite teams but they hit line drives all over the field in the 1st game and had some studs. They did have a heckuva a d4 football team and made a pretty deep run. It was 16-0 in the 2nd and we had a very good looking freshman pitched the rest of the game he he looked really good

We won last night 11-0 against an okay Mooney team. Started a little sluggish at the plate but was probably just first game jitters. One big inning busted it wide open. Defense and pitching look great. Alazaus had a great night on the hill.

Got to watch Alliance last night on the new turf and wow did they do a great job. Got to see Central Catholics ace 24 grad Jimmy Kane pitch as well as Eric Bennett

Jr Jimmy Kane went 5 innings and Sr Bennett came out in the 7th with 2 outs and the score 6-1 believe he hit a pitch count. Sr Trasean Williams from Alliance came into relief and Central battled back with only one out remaining in the game 6-5. Seems like Bennett is the real deal.

Jr Ryan Bruni 1-2 with two walks and a single (he looks really good behind the dish)

Sr Rome Biggers went 3-4 with 3 singles and 2 RBI (his hitting has really came around this year from last year more to see from him and bruni over this season) and the whole Alliance defense had no errors which was great to see.

Sr Carter Bugara went 2-4 with a 2B

Started a Fr Bo Davis and he looked amazing in the field

Jr Samuel Gress started at first base and played really well at the plate as well these were the players that stuck out to me the most.

Probably won’t comment much on here as it’s not my thing but these were just my 2 cents!

Got to watch Alliance last night on the new turf and wow did they do a great job. Got to see Central Catholics ace 24 grad Jimmy Kane pitch as well as Eric Bennett

Jr Jimmy Kane went 5 innings and Sr Bennett came out in the 7th with 2 outs and the score 6-1 believe he hit a pitch count. Sr Trasean Williams from Alliance came into relief and Central battled back with only one out remaining in the game 6-5. Seems like Bennett is the real deal.

Jr Ryan Bruni 1-2 with two walks and a single (he looks really good behind the dish)

Sr Rome Biggers went 3-4 with 3 singles and 2 RBI (his hitting has really came around this year from last year more to see from him and bruni over this season) and the whole Alliance defense had no errors which was great to see.

Jr Samuel Gress started at first base and played really well at the plate as well these were the players that stuck out to me the most.

Probably won’t comment much on here as it’s not my thing but these were just my 2 cents!
Awesome report. Curious how may runs Alliance scored off of CCC ace. I always thought Alliance's weakness was their offense.

That's nice win for Alliance. CCC is always good. I like your recap..

We won last night 11-0 against an okay Mooney team. Started a little sluggish at the plate but was probably just first game jitters. One big inning busted it wide open. Defense and pitching look great. Alazaus had a great night on the hill.
A shut out this early in the season is a great start. I am thing WB has some of this football athletes playing and will pose problems for whoever they play.

Great job Lions. I believe Alliance had a game..
Got some details. Isaiah Frazier only needed 80 pitches to a 7 inning complete game. I watched from my warm truck lol, but he did a very good job changing speeds and had zero walks. The defense made a couple of errors and gave up 3 runs in the 2nd but played well the rest of the game. I recognize that United is not an EBC caliber team but the Lions and coach Richeson did a nice job. They have a couple of kids that swing the bat and the speed in the bases surprised me. Lions were up 4-3 in the bottom of 6 got a big hit from Commons to score 1 and Frigyes hit a long double to score 2 and blew it open. Again, United is not an EBC caliber team but we will take the win. The Lions seem to have a non league schedule that will allow them to be competitive. They may not be the most talented team but from what I see they are well coached and do the right things. I am anxious to see the big freshman pitch, Brayden Wood. He did well against West Holmes.

Aviators with another win! 4-0 vs Heartland Christian. It was a cold, windy, snowy, wet game that only lasted an hour and a half until called. I managed to sit through the conditions and watch our kids play.

Trasean Williams started on the bump and went 4 while allowing 0 runs and 1 hit.

Carter Bugara had 2 hits with a triple and an RBI

Rome Biggers had 2 singles with another RBI

Seems like our bats are really coming along this year, hope they stay hot and take this into league play starting next week vs Salem.

Got some details. Isaiah Frazier only needed 80 pitches to a 7 inning complete game. I watched from my warm truck lol, but he did a very good job changing speeds and had zero walks. The defense made a couple of errors and gave up 3 runs in the 2nd but played well the rest of the game. I recognize that United is not an EBC caliber team but the Lions and coach Richeson did a nice job. They have a couple of kids that swing the bat and the speed in the bases surprised me. Lions were up 4-3 in the bottom of 6 got a big hit from Commons to score 1 and Frigyes hit a long double to score 2 and blew it open. Again, United is not an EBC caliber team but we will take the win. The Lions seem to have a non league schedule that will allow them to be competitive. They may not be the most talented team but from what I see they are well coached and do the right things. I am anxious to see the big freshman pitch, Brayden Wood. He did well against West Holmes.
That is awesome for Minerva. I think it is great they play a non league schedule that allows them to win games. Winning ball games is the best way yo keep the kids interested in the sport and to gain experience. Who's kidding who, everything is better when you win. That is great for Frazier to have 0 walks and only throw 80 pitches; that has to be a complete team effort. And watching in the truck was a great idea last night, the winds were brutal. Unfortunately at Cene, to watch the game you have to be in the stands and that wind was whipping.

Aviators with another win! 4-0 vs Heartland Christian. It was a cold, windy, snowy, wet game that only lasted an hour and a half until called. I managed to sit through the conditions and watch our kids play.

Trasean Williams started on the bump and went 4 while allowing 0 runs and 1 hit.

Carter Bugara had 2 hits with a triple and an RBI

Rome Biggers had 2 singles with another RBI

Seems like our bats are really coming along this year, hope they stay hot and take this into league play starting next week vs Salem.
Good job Aviators, awesome to see the EBC doing well.

Who pitched?