2023 Dead Celebrities/Athletes

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

He was pretty good when he was hanging out with Spanky.
YouTube/@PizzaFlicks

Oh man, we spent hours in junior high trying to learn how to "flop" like him:

Dick Fosbury, an Olympic gold medalist high jumper known for revamping the technical discipline of the sport, died Sunday, his publicist said. He was 76.

Fosbury died after a recurrence of lymphoma, his publicist Ray Schulte said.

The Oregon native was known for introducing the "Fosbury Flop" to the world of high jump. In the 1968 Olympics, he used the revolutionary move to win a gold medal over fellow America Ed Caruthers and the Soviet Union's Valeriy Skvortsov.

He was pretty good when he was hanging out with Spanky.
YouTube/@PizzaFlicks
Only down side is this is when the Little Rascal jumped the shark. Froggy was one of the worst characters in the series and it is went Spanky went woke by '40s standards.

Louisville Cardinal and 12 year NBA vet Felton Spencer died at only age 55. No cause of death was announced.

My memory of Wes Unseld is him sitting at the NBA draft lottery for whomever he was representing and praying to have the last card.

Gordan Moore. The nerds know. The rest will google and pretend they knew all along.
Must not be nerdy enough. Had to Google. So he founded Intel? Can't say I ever heard of him. I've heard of Intel, though. :cool:

Never heard of Moore's Law, either, although I understand the what it's saying. Brought to mind a 60 Minutes story on Grace Hopper some 40 years ago. She was talking about how fast light travels and holding different lengths of fiber optic to show how small circuits had to be for a computer to work on a problem in one-millionth of a second, one billionth of a second, and so on. I guess that kinda related to what Moore was saying.

Last edited:
Must not be nerdy enough. Had to Google. So he founded Intel? Can't say I ever heard of him. I've heard of Intel, though. :cool:

Never heard of Moore's Law, either, although I understand the what it's saying. Brought to mind a 60 Minutes story on Grace Hopper some 40 years ago. She was talking about how fast light travels and holding different lengths of fiber optic to show how small circuits had to be for a computer to work on a problem in one-millionth of a second, one billionth of a second, and so on. I guess that kinda related to what Moore was saying.
It is. I don't believe processor speed is correlated with a standardized problem solution as computing speeds are. With parallel and pipelined processors, algorithm development and in Hopper's case, using different paths down a fiber simutainiously, actual end computing speed I believe has out-paced Moore's Law considerably. I haven't stay tuned well enough to say with confidence though. CS Math can get pretty freaky even at the course level. I can't imagine it at the research level.