2023 Dead Celebrities/Athletes

Not dead yet.
Christmas In Rockefeller Center GIF by NBC

They're not sure

jimmy fallon celebs GIF

Charles White
.......so I go to espn.com and really had to search to find Charles White death. Heisman trophy winner, 9 year NFL career and STILL USC all time leading rusher. I guess after a certain age you're an afterthought. Maybe because I'm a certain age and can recall all the stud tailbacks of USC in the 70s. Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, Marcus Allen and the aforementioned White. Student body left and/or right was the ultimate play

.......so I go to espn.com and really had to search to find Charles White death. Heisman trophy winner, 9 year NFL career and STILL USC all time leading rusher. I guess after a certain age you're an afterthought. Maybe because I'm a certain age and can recall all the stud tailbacks of USC in the 70s. Anthony Davis, Ricky Bell, Marcus Allen and the aforementioned White. Student body left and/or right was the ultimate play
I saw him as a rookie with the Browns. He never did much for the Browns and was largely an NFL disappointment but had a surprisingly big year with the Rams late in his career. The joke in NEO was that he was better at USC than with the Browns because he had a better line at USC.

had a surprisingly big year with the Rams late in his career.
That was the strike year and he crossed the picket line. Probably the best decision he ever made as it gave him a leg up when Dickerson decided he didn't want to be a Ram anymore. Interestingly, Dickerson's last game with the Rams was at the Browns on Monday night after the strike ended. Charles White had more rushes and yards than Dickerson that night.

Really surprising that the news of his passing is so lightly reported.

You know I thought the same thing. And it really goes to show you that these guys, unless they go into broadcasting or some other public works, they can just disappear. I remember White as a Trojan, I probably would have lost a bet that he was in the NFL 9 years.

Marshal Tucker has passed at 99. Many didn't know this but like Jethro Tull and many other bands the dude never played in his namesake band, below is the condensed version of the story on how the band used the name:

"In the early days when we were rehearsing in an old warehouse in Spartanburg [South Carolina], we found a keychain inscribed with his name," the band admitted. "We needed a name asap, and the rest is history. Marshall was blind since birth but amazingly could play the heck out of the piano. He always said his talent was simply God-given. He tuned pianos in South Carolina for decades. We are thankful for Mr. Marshall Tucker and the life he lived. Sending blessings to his wife and family.

1674678275727.png

Agreed. But I had a soft spot for Sierra Mist on occasion.
When I tended bar back in the day we had a guy that would play with the fountain drinks and the best thing he tweaked was 7up; he played with the suggested ratio mixing it with more soda water than syrup and it had a great dry kick. We joked that the house cocktail was 7 and 7.