2023 Boro Fan Almanac

Never seen so much disrespect to a 3-time(should have been 4-time) state champ. Maybe Max will let Coop wear one of his gold medals so he can know what it feels like.
I understand you're upset, but comments like this are why people say the things they say. Be better than the people you are complaining about. That is about all you can do. Take the high ground.

If character was a factor in the outcome, Shore was the easy winner. But, why did he take neutral in the third?
Give me a break. Hermes had to hear for a year straight that either he wasn't the real champ last year, or that he was gifted a title and didnt deserve it. People like Rocco pushing that narrative practically the whole season, and he is far from the only one pushing that either. Hermes was completely disrespected over and over, even though he won 2 state titles, beat Contos handily this year, and was the only Ohio kid to hold Blaze to a respectable decision. There is a reason why Hermes is headed to the Big Ten, and Shore is not. Hermes had every right to beat his chest and get a little cocky at the end of that match, with all the disrespect thrown his way.

Give me a break. Hermes had to hear for a year straight that either he wasn't the real champ last year, or that he was gifted a title and didnt deserve it. People like Rocco pushing that narrative practically the whole season, and he is far from the only one pushing that either. Hermes was completely disrespected over and over, even though he won 2 state titles, beat Contos handily this year, and was the only Ohio kid to hold Blaze to a respectable decision. There is a reason why Hermes is headed to the Big Ten, and Shore is not. Hermes had every right to beat his chest and get a little cocky at the end of that match, with all the disrespect thrown his way.
All I need to know is what weight rocco will be at spatolas tourney I'm gonna post all his matches so he can be picked apart by the high-school kids he blatantly disrespects and diminishes in here my guess is he's no dillon campbell or Cooper shore

Never seen so much disrespect to a 3-time(should have been 4-time) state champ. Maybe Max will let Coop wear one of his gold medals so he can know what it feels like.
Silly comment, what did Cooper say or do wrong? Good kid wrestles hard, did you achieve as many accolades as Coop in high school?? If not ask Max if you can wear his hardware!

Last edited:
All I need to know is what weight rocco will be at spatolas tourney I'm gonna post all his matches so he can be picked apart by the high-school kids he blatantly disrespects and diminishes in here my guess is he's no dillon campbell or Cooper shore
😂😂😂 you’re an old man stuck in his glory days 😂😂

and to you idiots who keep coming at me i’m wrong, hermes won. i said shore would win i was wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ it is what it is

Silly comment, what did Cooper say or do wrong? Good kid wrestles hard, did you achieve as many accolades as Coop in high school?? If not ask Max if you can wear his hardware!
Where did I say he did something wrong? I didn’t say anything about character like another post. Don’t doubt he is a good kid, nothing against him. Hilarious what you guys pick and choose to get upset about around here.

Please give these two young kids the respect they deserve and stop talking about them. They are both unbelievable competitors that have been ranked #1 and #2 in the state since they entered high school. Cooper Shore is a great kid that have a remarkable high school career and he will do very well in college. Max Hermes is a great kid who had an unbelievable career compiling a 223-12 record and never lost to someone who wasn't a state champion (Blaze x2, Joy x3, Jordan x2, Avalos, Heithus, Horwath, Blum, Kluce). These two went to battle on Sunday night in a match that everyone wanted to see. Max was the better wrestler on this night as he didn't surrender an offensive point to Cooper who puts up points by the dozen on everyone else. This should have been Max's 4th state title. Please don't take anything away from either of these young competitors as they both laid it on the line for the fans. Respect them both for the careers they have had and wish them the best at the next level. Please move on and discuss other matches because the debate should be over here.

David Hermes
Head Wrestling Coach Edison High School
Max Hermes' Father

Finished 4th at Sectionals to State Champ
Looking at Baum's, he finished 3rd at Sectionals (lost in SF at sectionals to in same kid he beat in the state finals, both matches were OT).

He finished 3rd at Sectionals, 4th at Districts, 1st at State...good run last weekend.

Looking at Baum's, he finished 3rd at Sectionals (lost in SF at sectionals to in same kid he beat in the state finals, both matches were OT).

He finished 3rd at Sectionals, 4th at Districts, 1st at State...good run last weekend.
Thanks for getting me straight. What i posted i overheard Sunday night i should have dug a little deeper. Still its a great story of not letting anything get in the way of your goals.

Boro, I still haven't seen your updated weights and rankings for returning state qualifiers and incoming freshman for 23-24, what gives????

Joking, but I do anticipate 144-157 and HVY to be pretty stacked. No clue about impact freshman for next year as I don't really follow grade school states like i once did!

Where/how does he practice?"

"Funny" that you asked that as I'm curious myself. There aren't any wrestling schools in his part of Trumbull County, I'd say that Howland is probably the closest and that's just east of Warren. I suppose that he could just as easily cross into Portage or Geauga Counties.

Either way that's quite the accomplishment.

Boro, I still haven't seen your updated weights and rankings for returning state qualifiers and incoming freshman for 23-24, what gives????

Joking, but I do anticipate 144-157 and HVY to be pretty stacked. No clue about impact freshman for next year as I don't really follow grade school states like i once did!
My 2023-24 returnees list will be out towards the end of the month.

Thanks Borofan

SMH at this .......impressive StEds

Most Returning Team Points
1. St. Edward 196 pts.
2. Massillon Perry 76.5 pts.
3. Dublin Coffman 71 pts.
4. LaSalle 56 pts.
5. Brecksville 54.5 pts.

This as well

Most Returning Team Points
1. Graham 143 pts.
2. Medina Buckeye 82 pts.
3. Bishop Watterson 81.5 pts.
4. Columbus DeSales 80.5 pts.
5. Bishop Hartley 39 pts.

Unless there are move ins, next year and especially the year after are going to be a little rough for Wadsworth.

Wishful thinking
People don't realize DeSales and Watterson are less than 10 minutes from each other. There was talk at one time of making one all Girls the other all Boys you'd have a serious team right there. 160 returning points and several high level incoming freshmen.