2023 Bengals

He will play RT only if two other guys get hurt first.

It's more likely they signed him to be a backup guard. Signing tackles to play both tackle and guard isn't working so well when they have to play guard.

The Bengals will trade Williams and draft a RT at 28 or trade for a bona fide RT.
Jonah Williams will be the RT, the Bengals aren’t going to trade him even if it is the smart thing to do. He will play RT and the Bengals will probably draft his successor

Jonah Williams will be the RT, the Bengals aren’t going to trade him even if it is the smart thing to do. He will play RT and the Bengals will probably draft his successor
They keep Williams only if they can convince him to play RT. If he isn't bought into it then he is a huge liability with a big pay check.

Trade him.

They keep Williams only if they can convince him to play RT. If he isn't bought into it then he is a huge liability with a big pay check.

Trade him.
He HAS to play he is under contract. If he refuses his career is effectively over. He has no choice, if he sits out he loses almost 13 million and if he looks terrible playing RT his value drops in the toilet. My guess is it’s a ploy by his agent but he has zero leverage. The best thing he can do is give everything he’s got to do a good job and get a good payday on a new contract for someone playing LT

So listening to WLW on the way home today. Are the Bengals really considering investing 800m to a billion dollars for remodeling or even building a brand new stadium. How will they come up with that kind of cash? What’s wrong with the current stadium that few million can’t fix?

Tight End should not be as high a priority as RT, CB, DT. I'd say the best move would be to trade out of the first round to the Jets for their 2 second round picks. Then draft a RT, TE and either a CB or RB in the 2nd round. Use the rest of the draft to get depth.

As a Steeler fan I definitely do not want the Bengals to take the Utah TE Kincade - he would be a 3rd down, move the chains matchup nightmare.

Right now the Bengals are worse TE and RB and you gave a wr who hasn’t been paid/extended and another wr who is expecting to be paid next year - each wr was hurt for an extended period of time last season. The online is better with the OT signing but some talent around Burrow, don’t put it all on him like the Packers did with Rodgers during his career.

As a Steeler fan I definitely do not want the Bengals to take the Utah TE Kincade - he would be a 3rd down, move the chains matchup nightmare.

Right now the Bengals are worse TE and RB and you gave a wr who hasn’t been paid/extended and another wr who is expecting to be paid next year - each wr was hurt for an extended period of time last season. The online is better with the OT signing but some talent around Burrow, don’t put it all on him like the Packers did with Rodgers during his career.
The Bengals have positioned themselves nicely to be able to take the best player on the board at 28 or trade down for additional day 2 picks.

I'm good with that.

So listening to WLW on the way home today. Are the Bengals really considering investing 800m to a billion dollars for remodeling or even building a brand new stadium. How will they come up with that kind of cash? What’s wrong with the current stadium that few million can’t fix?
Ok, I attend a couple games per year at Paul Brown Stadium and honestly I love it. I might generate some heat with this opinion but I think the stadium is still good and the scene outside the stadium with the nearby bars & restaurants is fun, too. I enjoy Cincinnati.

A dome just seems "off" for Cincinnati, sorry. The powers that be need to get the convention center up to snuff and Covington could make their convention center bigger. Dayton should get their act together with their airport and their own convention center. Then you're in pretty good shape. You're ahead of Cleveland which still can't figure out their convention center, can't get along with Akron and...Akron....what a hot mess.

As for the Bengals draft and free agency there's still so many options out there.

Are we comfortable at safety with Hill and Scott?

Got enough of a pass rush?

Will Ossai overcome his penalty vs the Chefs and step up?

Will Treyvon Williams be the replacement for Perine?

Will we not blow a game to the Steelers?

Will Bengal Jim take tailgates to a higher level?
---

Baseball doesn't do it for me no matter how much Lance McAlister or whatever his last name is hypes it. Sorry. I'd rather go back to 1991 and listen to Andy Furman talk non stop about the NBA in Cincinnati than hear baseball talk.

I'm watching Bengals 2022 on YouTube. Still can't get enough of the playoff win vs Buffalo.

Last edited:
I agree the Bengals have set themselves up in a good position to take BPA, whomever that may be, but I'd love to see them trade up a handful of picks for their future at RT if they don't feel he will be there at 28, a modest trade up that won't cost a ton of draft capital. Nothing against Meyer or Kinkaid, but I feel like a kid like Schoonover from Michigan in the middle to middle rounds would be better value. I'd be perfectly fine with a corner or a DL/Edge rusher as well. Can never have enough OL, DL, CB.

Anybody’s predictions on who we take at 28? I’m leaning Gibbs from Bama
The experts seem to agree - both of ESPN's guys picked Gibbs to the Bengals at 28.

Feel like CB or DL would be the better play, assuming there's not an OL they love sitting there. But if Gibbs is best player available, they've set themselves up to make that pick if it's there.

CB RT TE

RB picks in the First Rd are a mistake

Gibbs can't pass block; that has to be a priority; better to pick someone like Charbonnet in the 3rd rd.

CB RT TE

RB picks in the First Rd are a mistake

Gibbs can't pass block; that has to be a priority; better to pick someone like Charbonnet in the 3rd rd.
I feel as though corner would be a reach at 28. And if they take a RT I would want them to trade down into the second and take Jones from OSU

Myles Murphy DE ?

Not what I was expecting, looks like a typical Bengal pick where athleticism is greater than his actual play