2022 WOAC

Question is how do the players respond to new HC it won’t be the same offense as last year.
D and O coordinator are back and DBs/RBs coach too . Andy Keating is still there so I’d imagine it won’t change to drastic but I would prepare for triple option and midline as their change up if it presents itself , it’s in his Blood. Leave a guy unblocked and use your QB that teams don’t account for . Also I little snippet , young Keatings first start at QB at any level pee-wee thru HS was week 2 at Preble Shawnee last year … kids got Heart , gonna b a great game at TV week 2

Looks like the WOAC is much better than anyone thought, including myself.
This has shaped up to be a great conference

it’s a great conference because a lot of these schools are super competitive with eachother and i’d say every community in this league is culturally similar to every other one. this league is built to last a long time. my only worry- ONLY- is that Preble Shawnee ever gets any bigger. however, i don’t see it happening.

the league overall is benefitting from some very nice classes at Preble Shawnee and Tri Village

it’s a great conference because a lot of these schools are super competitive with eachother and i’d say every community in this league is culturally similar to every other one. this league is built to last a long time. my only worry- ONLY- is that Preble Shawnee ever gets any bigger. however, i don’t see it happening.

the league overall is benefitting from some very nice classes at Preble Shawnee and Tri Village
I'm more worried about Arcanum growing than I am with PS.

QB Keating had a great Sophmore season and will only get better . At times was a pretty good OLB too , made a couple great plays defensively vs New Bremen in their playoff win . RB Weir straight Stud . Finkbine is the reigning Southwest defensive POY last season and scored on nearly half his receptions . Yes TV lost some great talent to graduation like most teams that make a playoff run . Robert Burk built something that will last and they retained enough of the staff to keep building on for the future . The new region and division alignments look rough with the addition of some outstanding MAC programs but you get better by playing better and I think TV and that community understands that .
There is another Finkbine who will be a freshman that will likely see the field immediately

Heading into the 2nd year in Conference history, what are everyone's thoughts for the upcoming season? I will attach final standings from last year below. I think the conference could shape up similarly with Tri Village and Preble Shawnee being the 2 favorites going into the season. Arcanum returns offensive player of the year in Schondelmyer, so they could be in the mix as well. It'll be interesting to see if if any of the middle of the pack teams can make a jump...

I am just Curious as to how they came up with this conference and who did not jump on board with this idea???

I am just Curious as to how they came up with this conference and who did not jump on board with this idea???
This conference started when most of these teams were in the CCC. They got together and kicked out Miami East, Fort Loramie, and Bethel. Covington decided to go with East and Bethel and form a new league (TRC). The remaining schools joined with Preble Shawnee and Dixie (who were unhappy with crossover games in the SWBL) to form the WOAC.

Who did not jump on board? I think Covington is the only school that fits.

Burk is now at Hamilton. Co-offense coordinator/special teams coach and Assistant Head Coach on New Head Coach Arvie Crouch’s staff. Crouch comes to Hamilton after a fairly successful run at Mount Healthy and had been an assistant for the Big Blue before prior to taking over the Owls. Burk I believe I heard somewhere is an alumnus of Hamilton though not 100 percent sure and lives in the area near Hamilton.
Correct. Also coached with Crouch at MH I believe for a season before going to TV

This conference started when most of these teams were in the CCC. They got together and kicked out Miami East, Fort Loramie, and Bethel. Covington decided to go with East and Bethel and form a new league (TRC). The remaining schools joined with Preble Shawnee and Dixie (who were unhappy with crossover games in the SWBL) to form the WOAC.

Who did not jump on board? I think Covington is the only school that fits.
Covington was smart to join the TRC. great league for them.

I'm more worried about Arcanum growing than I am with PS.
I get what you’re saying, i really do.

I said this because:

1. Preble Shawnee historically has fluctuated in enrollment the most. why? i’m not sure. maybe because the area of the district is larger.

2. Arcanum may SEEM like an area primed to grow. it’s situated just northwest of Dayton and shares a boundary with Northmont. however, i just don’t think Darke County will ever get much spillover from Dayton. it’s the same reason Dixie hasn’t grown while being situated only a few miles outside of Dayton. not as desirable of an area to the people who move to Dayton for work.

I get what you’re saying, i really do.

I said this because:

1. Preble Shawnee historically has fluctuated in enrollment the most. why? i’m not sure. maybe because the area of the district is larger.

2. Arcanum may SEEM like an area primed to grow. it’s situated just northwest of Dayton and shares a boundary with Northmont. however, i just don’t think Darke County will ever get much spillover from Dayton. it’s the same reason Dixie hasn’t grown while being situated only a few miles outside of Dayton. not as desirable of an area to the people who move to Dayton for work.
The only reason I disagree with you is because there is a TON of development going on in Arcanum right now. On the south end of town, that subdivision continues to grow and build. And people keep buying those houses.

Came together well and a lot quicker than anyone could’ve imagine. I think this league has been a benefit to all the schools in it. I would expect a good year from the WOAC again this year.

Arcanum isn’t growing that much. They are in competition with Englewood, Brookville, West Milton and to some degree Greenville. Arcanum is a nice community that will have slow but continuous growth. Too far removed from Dayton. I do see the fluctuations in Shawnee. They are similar to Miami East in their make-up. Rural, but growing. Only difference is East has Troy growing into the district. Give Miami East 5-10 years and they will be pulling a Bethel. The Bees are now a D4! ?. Shawnee is unlikely to have that kind of growth. In my opinion. I think the TRC in 10-years will have 3 D4 schools and possibly a D3 Bethel. Milton is growing with folks from Englewood and Union crossing over the line and building in the area. I do see many Chaminade-Julienne signs in yards in the Ryan Development on 571 though.
Covington, Riverside, Lehman, TC aren’t likely to see huge growth.

Arcanum isn’t growing that much. They are in competition with Englewood, Brookville, West Milton and to some degree Greenville. Arcanum is a nice community that will have slow but continuous growth. Too far removed from Dayton. I do see the fluctuations in Shawnee. They are similar to Miami East in their make-up. Rural, but growing. Only difference is East has Troy growing into the district. Give Miami East 5-10 years and they will be pulling a Bethel. The Bees are now a D4! ?. Shawnee is unlikely to have that kind of growth. In my opinion. I think the TRC in 10-years will have 3 D4 schools and possibly a D3 Bethel. Milton is growing with folks from Englewood and Union crossing over the line and building in the area. I do see many Chaminade-Julienne signs in yards in the Ryan Development on 571 though.
Covington, Riverside, Lehman, TC aren’t likely to see huge growth.
That's why I really like this league. I think every school have similar communitys and school sizes that doesn't grow alot making everyone like back yard rivals bringing the best out of everyone. This league will be hard expand because of this but this league doesn't need to expand to survive and thrive, I'm not apposed to it I just don't think it really needs it. The TRC is like this with the schools being really close to each other but the school attendance gap is making it harder and harder to keep them all together each year making it unable to be like the WOAC. I believe the TRC was good for all teams involved and they had too do it but I think WOAC has a lot better of a chance of living longer then the TRC

That's why I really like this league. I think every school have similar communitys and school sizes that doesn't grow alot making everyone like back yard rivals bringing the best out of everyone. This league will be hard expand because of this but this league doesn't need to expand to survive and thrive, I'm not apposed to it I just don't think it really needs it. The TRC is like this with the schools being really close to each other but the school attendance gap is making it harder and harder to keep them all together each year making it unable to be like the WOAC. I believe the TRC was good for all teams involved and they had too do it but I think WOAC has a lot better of a chance of living longer then the TRC
The schools in the TRC are very similar. Bethel being the largest school tells the tale of the evolving changes here. The TRC will be a great league and with schools like MU, Troy Christian, Riverside, Miami East, etc you will have peaks and valleys. The WOAC will go through the same, eventually. It’s only one year-in, so, it’s hard to judge right now. Milton is experiencing a really strong senior class but will eventually experience a down period like Covington, East, etc.. That’s what makes this such a great league. School size really doesn’t matter in the big picture. If Covington, East, Riverside and MU were all on highs right now, imagine the games coming out of this league. It will happen.
The schools in the WOAC mesh well and they will all experience the same peaks and valleys.

WOAC vs TRC 2022 games:
What are the matchups this year?
Milton vs National Trail
Miami East vs Preble Shawnee
TC vs TriVillage
??? Who else???

This is for fun but if Newton and Franklin Monroe had a football team or if they brought in two non WOAC teams and they made divisions how would you split it up. Here's what I would do

NORTH
Ansonia
Mississinawa Valley
Arcanum
Franklin Monroe
Bradford
Newton

SOUTH
Tri-Village
Twin Valley South
Tri-County North
Preble Shawnee
Dixie
National Trail

Each team would play 8 WOAC games. Each team will play everyone in their division and play three teams from other division then the three teams they didn't play that year they would play next year. So everyone would play everyone at home at least once every 4 years.

This is for fun but if Newton and Franklin Monroe had a football team or if they brought in two non WOAC teams and they made divisions how would you split it up. Here's what I would do

NORTH
Ansonia
Mississinawa Valley
Arcanum
Franklin Monroe
Bradford
Newton

SOUTH
Tri-Village
Twin Valley South
Tri-County North
Preble Shawnee
Dixie
National Trail

Each team would play 8 WOAC games. Each team will play everyone in their division and play three teams from other division then the three teams they didn't play that year they would play next year. So everyone would play everyone at home at least once every 4 years.
Interesting, but, Newton will NEVER have a football team. FM is situated between Milton and Arcanum, so very unlikely. This looks interesting.

NORTH
Ansonia
Mississinawa Valley
Arcanum
Franklin Monroe
Bradford
Newton

SOUTH
Tri-Village
Twin Valley South
Tri-County North
Preble Shawnee
Dixie
National Trail

I do this all the time in my head. God forbid WOAC adds Madison ( I hope they dont) , but I put Madison and try to get New Miami for a South Division with PS,TVS DIXIE, NT

I do this all the time in my head. God forbid WOAC adds Madison ( I hope they dont) , but I put Madison and try to get New Miami for a South Division with PS,TVS DIXIE, NT
Madison and Carlisle could move to the WOAC. That would really boost this conference, but the crossover between Madison and Mississinawa or Ansonia would be interesting on a school night.
NORTH
Ansonia
Mississinawa Valley
Arcanum
Bradford
TriVillage
TC North
Let’s add…Lehman Catholic

SOUTH
Madison
Twin Valley South
Carlisle
Preble Shawnee
Dixie
National Trail
Let’s add… Dayton Christian
Replace Lehman with Brookville in the TRC

Last edited:
Madison and Carlisle could move to the WOAC. That would really boost this conference, but the crossover between Madison and Mississinawa or Ansonia would be interesting on a school night.
Carlisle is growing to much/fast. They are building new sub divisions every single year it s seems ( comparable to Bethel in TRC ). I don't think WOAC would let them in. Madison I could see, But I prefer not.

Carlisle is growing to much/fast. They are building new sub divisions every single year it s seems ( comparable to Bethel in TRC ). I don't think WOAC would let them in. Madison I could see, But I prefer not.
Madison is a perfect fit like Shawnee. The success they had a few years back was from move in kids from Middletown and a really good coach that landed there. Typically, Madison is about as good as Arcanum or Shawnee.
Carlisle is still D5. They’ve been there for awhile. I think some of the new development might be out of their district. I'm not sure. Franklin is growing, maybe that's what you're seeing?

Madison is a perfect fit like Shawnee. The success they had a few years back was from move in kids from Middletown and a really good coach that landed there. Typically, Madison is about as good as Arcanum or Shawnee.
Carlisle is still D5. They’ve been there for awhile. I think some of the new development might be out of their district. I'm not sure. Franklin is growing, maybe that's what you're seeing?
i don’t think madison is a great fit culturally. but i could be wrong

Which Coach was good? They haven't had a good coach since POFF left. That program went down hill quick.