2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Let’s hope Covington gets their program back up to par. It’s what’s best for them and the league.
But only to par. We can't have them dominating anything long term.

And just as a technicality, golf like cross country is low score wins. So here's to hoping they get back down to par.

I ran cross country and can well remember our coach saying if we wanted to make it to state we were going to have to figure out a way to not score as much. Counterintuitive.

But only to par. We can't have them dominating anything long term.

And just as a technicality, golf like cross country is low score wins. So here's to hoping they get back down to par.

I ran cross country and can well remember our coach saying if we wanted to make it to state we were going to have to figure out a way to not score as much. Counterintuitive.
Covington will never dominate Milton in football. Mark that one down.

The new league is a joke this year. It is a disservice to the Bulldogs. It is great to win but to have no struggles will not serve them well come playoff time. They did beat very good Valley View, and Milton is very good as well.

This is a big week for Milton, opportunity to accomplish something that hasn’t been done since 1982. Senior night, going to be a big game. I will be excited to be there and watch the Bulldogs take care of business!!!!

I think Riverside will make a decent run in the playoffs. Milton will need to guard against let downs and overlooking weaker opponents, like N. College Hill.

I think Riverside will make a decent run in the playoffs. Milton will need to guard against let downs and overlooking weaker opponents, like N. College Hill.
What's a decent run?
If Drew's playoff seeding projections pan out as he thinks they will (New Bremen 62% chance of 4 seed, Riverside 68 % chance of 5 seed) I give them no more than two games and possibly just one if Ft Recovery or Cedarville are their opponent in round one.

Little chance they beat New Bremen.

What's a decent run?
If Drew's playoff seeding projections pan out as he thinks they will (New Bremen 62% chance of 4 seed, Riverside 68 % chance of 5 seed) I give them no more than two games and possibly just one if Ft Recovery or Cedarville are their opponent in round one.

Riverside would beat the brakes off of Cedarville.

What's a decent run?

2 wins in the playoffs is a good run. They started off 0-2.

Riverside would beat the brakes off of Cedarville.
I have not seen Cedarville, but figured most times in years past teams from that conference seldom lost to the old CCC teams.
Deep runs in the playoffs are all about when you see your first quality MAC opponent.

I have not seen Cedarville, but figured most times in years past teams from that conference seldom lost to the old CCC teams.
Deep runs in the playoffs are all about when you see your first quality MAC opponent.
i’ve seen Cedarville play and they’re a below average D7 team. they have the ability to throw the ball around really well, but it’s not consistent. they beat decent Greenon and Catholic Central teams only to come back and get clocked by a poor Southeastern team. so.. if they decide to show up it may be a game. but Riverside will out-physical the Indians.

Like many schools, playoff success with 16 teams per region depends greatly on seeding and matchups. Depending on where you play, and who you play. Many teams could be capable of a win or two if the seeding is favorable.

Success is relative to the season you’re having. I’ve seen plenty MAC games and I can tell you that year in and year out, Riverside would compete. They may not win the title but those kids would play hard. I’d say the same about Milton. I think some of MAC schools would be surprised at the level of play from some other conferences. It’s The consistency that the MAC has that is amazing. Very, very impressive.

Excited for a week 10 championship match up. I think it may be a better game then what people think, it's good to see the top end of the TRC doing well. No doubt in my mind as long as the coaching at Bethel stays consistent, they alongside most of the league will be back. I think once ME & Covington move on from their respective coaches, they can officially start the rebuild process. TC, Bethel, Lehman just need to stay the course. NR in my opinion will always be wishy-washy just with the overall school culture. I would really like to see this league in 5 years, be a powerhouse it was supposed to be on paper.

A week 10 League title game, perfect season on the line, at home for the Bulldogs, is going to be a fun game and great for Milton. Hopefully the boys get a big win and can ride the excitement to a deep, deep playoff run!!!!

Success is relative to the season you’re having. I’ve seen plenty MAC games and I can tell you that year in and year out, Riverside would compete. They may not win the title but those kids would play hard. I’d say the same about Milton. I think some of MAC schools would be surprised at the level of play from some other conferences. It’s The consistency that the MAC has that is amazing. Very, very impressive.
Riverside may play hard but they would finish in the bottom 2-3 of the MAC every year. They would not be competitive in the MAC. I understand trying to talk up some teams in your league but this is a MAJOR stretch.

Riverside may play hard but they would finish in the bottom 2-3 of the MAC every year. They would not be competitive in the MAC. I understand trying to talk up some teams in your league but this is a MAJOR stretch.
I agree, that would be true for a while. But, iron sharpens iron. NB less than 10 years ago was shutting the program down. You never know.

Milton can finish 10-0 tomorrow night for the first time in 40 years.
1982 schedule and results: (Region 12, Division III)
Greenon 19-6
Oakwood 33-0
Brookville 35-8
Lehman 40-0
Springfield Catholic Central 22-12 (Finished 7-3)
Versailles 8-0 (Finished 8-2)
Graham 33-22
Miami East 34-7 (Finished 9-1)
Tipp City 22-6
Covington 35-20
First SRC champions.
Seniors were:
Kirk Koon
Blake Shroyer
Steve Huffman
Gordy Grafflin
Dave Busick
Kent Stine
Dennis Albaugh
Joe Herpy
Mike Orians
Gary Setser
Rick Kneisley
Jamie Johannes
I believe that’s the complete list.

Last edited:
Milton 51
Riverside 7

Great season for the Dogs. 10-0 and TRC Champs.
Final Standings:
Milton-Union 10-0 /6-0
Riverside 7-3 /5-1
Northridge 6-3 / 4-2
Bethel 4-6/4-3
Lehman 4-6/3-4
Miami East 2-8/2-5
Troy Christian 1-9/1-6
Covington 1-6

Milton put a running clock on every league opponent this year. They outscored their league foes 303-20. They outscored all opponents 448-47.

Milton 51
Riverside 7

Great season for the Dogs. 10-0 and TRC Champs.
Final Standings:
Milton-Union 10-0 /6-0
Riverside 7-3 /5-1
Northridge 6-3 / 4-2
Bethel 4-6/4-3
Lehman 4-6/3-4
Miami East 2-8/2-5
Troy Christian 1-9/1-6
Covington 1-6

Milton put a running clock on every league opponent this year. They outscored their league foes 303-20. They outscored all opponents 448-47.
Great season by the Dogs. They took care of every challenge put in front of them. I expect them to do well in R20 as well.