2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Bethel with a heartbreaking 22-15 loss to northridge. Officiating crew didn’t call a flag on ridge until 4th quarter, several after the play scuffs and there was a combined 10 turnovers in the game. I think Bethel beat themselves more than anything, leaving 3+ Touchdowns on the field minimum.
Bethel will need a win over Troy Christian for sure if they hope to reach the playoffs now.

Troy Christian's loss to Miami East last night likely eliminated them from the playoff picture as Riverview East has a much easier path to picking up a couple late season wins. The winner of the Mississinawa/ Tri County North game will also likely jump over TC. TC's only hope now is to beat Lehman and hope St Henery does not beat Ft Recovery. That scenerio seems unlikely so the TRC is in danger of only sending 4 teams to the playoffs. If Bethel gets in it would be 5 teams.

Bethel will need a win over Troy Christian for sure if they hope to reach the playoffs now.

Troy Christian's loss to Miami East last night likely eliminated them from the playoff picture as Riverview East has a much easier path to picking up a couple late season wins. The winner of the Mississinawa/ Tri County North game will also likely jump over TC. TC's only hope now is to beat Lehman and hope St Henery does not beat Ft Recovery. That scenerio seems unlikely so the TRC is in danger of only sending 4 teams to the playoffs. If Bethel gets in it would be 5 teams.
Bethel in the playoffs? They’d pull Wyoming in the first round and that would be really bad. Sometimes not making the playoffs is a good thing when you’re building a program. Wyoming would be way above anyone Bethel has played to date.

Bethel in the playoffs? They’d pull Wyoming in the first round and that would be really bad. Sometimes not making the playoffs is a good thing when you’re building a program. Wyoming would be way above anyone Bethel has played to date.
Wyoming, more like I'm going homing 😂

Week 8 and it looks like Milton will easily take the TRC title again this year. Riverside is the only competition for Milton.
Outside of some injuries or a total meltdown, the Dogs should finish 10-0. I think Riverside is the best bet to finish runner-up again.

3A69B3D8-F38A-4F52-BAA8-E7521E282B8C.png

I’ll just leave this here, Looks like Riverside isn’t playing them.

Last edited:
Just wondering, if Covington did play Riverside and the Bulldogs beat Riverside, would we share the title since they would have 1 more league game played then us? Just curious how that works cause there is no head to head for league

Just wondering, if Covington did play Riverside and the Bulldogs beat Riverside, would we share the title since they would have 1 more league game played then us? Just curious how that works cause there is no head to head for league
No.
Nobody's Covington win is going to count in league standings (if they go by the way it was done in other sports last year)

Covington hasn’t notified to my knowledge, so maybe they are over the hump. Milton has some work to do to be state champion material. Pass defense is one area. But I’m sure the coaches know this. They certainly have the talent and coaching to win state.

Glad Riverside is playing someone else, tired of seeing Covington hold other teams hostage because they are content to suck.

They should have played a JV schedule and every decision maker in that building knows it.

Covington hasn’t notified to my knowledge, so maybe they are over the hump. Milton has some work to do to be state champion material. Pass defense is one area. But I’m sure the coaches know this. They certainly have the talent and coaching to win state.
it’s a stretch. but if we can go on a tear. hold MB for under 100 yards rushing we beat coldwater. i also think we need ability to use the ball acrossed the field. once you get to top 10 match ups in the state it’s easy to stop 1 person

probably not but they are state final 4 good i believe. Region 20 is deep but i believe they have a shot to survive the gauntlet
Definitely good enough to win R20. After that, the final 4 will be very competitive to whoever comes out of the region. But the Bulldogs are definitely a favorite in R20.

This is not to offend any officials on the site. But I am curious to hear about the rest of the TRC's quality of officiating during games. I've seen some very tough crews this year watching my family on the Pirates. I have a nephew on the JH team and it's even worse with them. Now look, I'm not an idiot I know their is a shortage and that it should be more relaxed on a JH/JV game. But the kids and coaches want to be there, the officials could at least PRETEND they want to as well. Schools SHOULD pay more for these refs but in return their should be more film time with the crews and the assigners and such. I don't believe a game is ever won or lost with officials but I've seen some spots in the last few years especially that could prove me otherwise...Anyways.. Thoughts?

Definitely good enough to win R20. After that, the final 4 will be very competitive to whoever comes out of the region. But the Bulldogs are definitely a favorite in R20.
It will be MU v VV in R20 final. And it will be a great game. MU should win if they play to potential like they did week 2. VV will adjust and come back hungry. But I think Ironton in R19 or Coldwater in R18 is your state champ.

It will be MU v VV in R20 final. And it will be a great game. MU should win if they play to potential like they did week 2. VV will adjust and come back hungry. But I think Ironton in R19 or Coldwater in R18 is your state champ.
There's an awful lot of football to be played between now and then, but I also tend to agree.

This is not to offend any officials on the site. But I am curious to hear about the rest of the TRC's quality of officiating during games. I've seen some very tough crews this year watching my family on the Pirates. I have a nephew on the JH team and it's even worse with them. Now look, I'm not an idiot I know their is a shortage and that it should be more relaxed on a JH/JV game. But the kids and coaches want to be there, the officials could at least PRETEND they want to as well. Schools SHOULD pay more for these refs but in return their should be more film time with the crews and the assigners and such. I don't believe a game is ever won or lost with officials but I've seen some spots in the last few years especially that could prove me otherwise...Anyways.. Thoughts?
I went to a MVL football game tonight and they called a intentional grounding on Butler when the QB over threw his receiver 15 yards down field.