2022 Three Rivers Conference thread

Mariemont and Madeira never really impressed me. I could be very wrong. Seems like that conference is Wyoming and then everyone else. Indian Hill was somewhat down last year and Milton had no issues with them. I really like Milton’s chances this year. Reminds me of the 2006 season when they went to the Regional Final. Could be the same this year.

I can see why from a MU or Northridge's perspective adding some D5 football schools. You'd have to sell to me why Riverside, TC, or Lehman would go for that.
Because they can beat them. Riverside is stout and TC being private makes them dangerous. Greenon is a perfect fit but I don’t think they would accept the invite. Northwestern doesn’t fit in my opinion. There are too many weak sisters as it is. The TRC needs to add a stronger program like Greenon on or even Brookville. Ft Loramie will never join. I do think the future will see Brookville joining and Bethel leaving due to its exponential growth. Greenon just fits to me. Who knows how long Lehman can remain viable.

Because they can beat them. Riverside is stout and TC being private makes them dangerous. Greenon is a perfect fit but I don’t think they would accept the invite. Northwestern doesn’t fit in my opinion. There are too many weak sisters as it is. The TRC needs to add a stronger program like Greenon on or even Brookville. Ft Loramie will never join. I do think the future will see Brookville joining and Bethel leaving due to its exponential growth. Greenon just fits to me. Who knows how long Lehman can remain viable.
I like this thinking. I think bethel and east leaves together in like 10 years and Brookville and Greenon will join in around that time to make it back at 8. That's what is upsetting about this league, they're have to swich things up here in 5 to 10 years because of schools getting to big or to small making it really hard for schools in this league because of the gaps of big and small schools. The only way I see this league grow is if they add like 2 big schools and 2 small school to make the setup like the old SWBL but thats got its problems too.

i think Greenon will be forced out of the OHC soon enough. if that happens, i’m positive they will move to create their own league, or will look to the TRC. they won’t go back to the CBC, i hope they never do

Tecumseh, Northwestern, and Graham are really similar to Bethel and Miami East. very similar people and communities

i would love to see this league, or something along the lines of it:

Greenon
Northwestern
Graham
Brookville
Miami East
Milton Union
Bethel
Northridge

and maybe some combination of Tecumseh and Covington, Riverside, Troy Christian

almost like a north of dayton metro type of league

I have been busy. Talked to a coach and they were quite happy with a 7 and 7 at triad.

TC basketball had a great summer. will be much improved next year.

Both tc basketball and football will be picked last for whatever dumb reason.
Not last, I think that belongs to Lehman. TC finishes a little higher
I would love to see Graham, Tecumseh, Northwestern, Brookville join the TRC. Bethel and Graham are very similar.

TRC 2022 Schedules: updated June 2022:

Bethel: D4: Region 16:
08/19 H Springfield Northeastern
08/26 H Springfield Kenton Ridge
09/02 H Brookville
09/09 H Riverside
09/16 A Covington
09/23 A Lehman Catholic
09/30 H Northridge
10/07 A Milton-Union
10/14 A Miami East
10/21 H Troy Christian

Covington: D6: Region 24:
08/19 H St. Henry
08/26 A Mechanicsburg
09/02 H Fort Loramie
09/09 A Troy Christian
09/16 H Bethel
09/23 A Northridge
09/30 H Milton-Union
10/07 A Lehman Catholic
10/14 A Riverside
10/21 H Miami East

Lehman Catholic: D7: Region 28:
08/19 A Lima Perry
08/27 H New Bremen
09/02 A Waynesfield-Goshen
09/09 A Milton-Union
09/16 H Miami East
09/23 H Bethel
09/30 A Riverside
10/07 H Covington
10/15 H Troy Christian
10/21 A Dayton Northridge

Miami East: D5: Region 20:
08/19 A Preble Shawnee
08/26 H Carlisle
09/02 A Springfield Northwestern
09/09 H Northridge
09/16 A Lehman Catholic
09/23 H Milton-Union
09/30 A Troy Christian
10/07 H Riverside
10/14 H Bethel
10/21 A Covington

Milton-Union: D5: Region 20:
08/19 A National Trail
08/26 A Valley View
09/01 H Oakwood
09/09 H Lehman Catholic
09/16 H Troy Christian
09/23 A Miami East
09/30 A Covington
10/07 H Bethel
10/14 A Northridge
10/21 H Riverside

Northridge D4: Region 16:
08/19 A Dixie
08/26 H Oakwood
09/02 A Carlisle
09/09 A Miami East
09/16 H Riverside
09/23 H Covington
09/30 A Bethel
10/07 A Troy Christian
10/14 H Milton-Union
10/21 H Lehman Catholic

Troy Christian: D7: Region 28:
08/19 H Tri-Village
08/26 A Springfield Catholic Central
09/02 H Middletown Madison
09/09 H Covington
09/16 A Milton-Union
09/23 A Riverside
09/30 H Miami East
10/07 H Northridge
10/15 A Lehman Catholic
10/21 A Bethel

Riverside: D7: Region 28:
08/19 H Ansonia
08/26 A Springfield Northeastern
09/02 H Indian Lake
09/09 A Bethel
09/16 A Northridge
09/23 H Troy Christian
09/30 H Lehman Catholic
10/07 A Miami East
10/14 H Covington
10/21 A Milton-Union

Last edited:
Milton has replaced National Trail with Versailles starting in 2024. Not sure if they are keeping Valley View and Oakwood, if so, that will be a very tough schedule. Any other changes scheduled for the future?

The QB at Riverside is a quality athlete. I was very impressed with that young man. I’m expecting Riverside to challenge MU again this year. They had nice size and they were well-coached.

looking at the league, who makes the playoffs this year? My guess is Milton, Covington, Riverside, TC.

Greenon and Miami East will meet week 1 at least in 2023/2024
This will be a great series. I believe both schools are very similar. East should have a good class coming up in the next year or so. I think it’s the Sophomore class there. I can see Greenon joining the TRC if that opens up. Keep an eye on Lehman and their enrollment with this economy. Ft Loramie will eventually get into the MAC. I think MU and Versailles playing is a good thing for the Dogs. That’s an opponent the caliber of Valley View or Bellbrook most years. Keeping Oakwood is a bad idea to me, but it’s not my call. Playing Oakwood is like playing a parochial, you never know what you’re getting from one year to the next. I’d rather see the addition of a Greenon, Urbana, Graham (who has an MU alum as principal), or even West Liberty. I’ve always wanted to see MU play Urbana. That goes way back to my HS days when they beat us out for the final playoff spot my junior year. Heck, even a WBL school like Celina or St Mary’s. Same since schools as Oakwood.

This will be a great series. I believe both schools are very similar. East should have a good class coming up in the next year or so. I think it’s the Sophomore class there. I can see Greenon joining the TRC if that opens up. Keep an eye on Lehman and their enrollment with this economy. Ft Loramie will eventually get into the MAC. I think MU and Versailles playing is a good thing for the Dogs. That’s an opponent the caliber of Valley View or Bellbrook most years. Keeping Oakwood is a bad idea to me, but it’s not my call. Playing Oakwood is like playing a parochial, you never know what you’re getting from one year to the next. I’d rather see the addition of a Greenon, Urbana, Graham (who has an MU alum as principal), or even West Liberty. I’ve always wanted to see MU play Urbana. That goes way back to my HS days when they beat us out for the final playoff spot my junior year. Heck, even a WBL school like Celina or St Mary’s. Same since schools as Oakwood.
with Oakwood being D3 (and even when they’re D4) they’re a harbin cow. they get 4-5 wins and that’s a ton of playoff points for a D5 team. so i get keeping that game.

Talking with lehman affiliates, energy is good and numbers are around 40 during coaching days. I see lehman getting looked over and suprising people this year, QB back who led the league at the end of the regular season in yards, Oline/Dline back and upgraded, new head coach bringing a new offense. And lets not forget they lost 4 games by a combined 20 points. Granted the season will tell the story. Now unless the mac finds a sister school for loramie they will never get into the mac and loramie will never leave the SCAL. The mac regrets letting Anna in for football only. But I do agree with MU and Versailles. I see Milton making a good run at state this year to be honest. They check all the boxes.

Talking with lehman affiliates, energy is good and numbers are around 40 during coaching days. I see lehman getting looked over and suprising people this year, QB back who led the league at the end of the regular season in yards, Oline/Dline back and upgraded, new head coach bringing a new offense. And lets not forget they lost 4 games by a combined 20 points. Granted the season will tell the story. Now unless the mac finds a sister school for loramie they will never get into the mac and loramie will never leave the SCAL. The mac regrets letting Anna in for football only. But I do agree with MU and Versailles. I see Milton making a good run at state this year to be honest. They check all the boxes.
We have to get passed the big boys in other regions. 2006 was the last time we were this talented and we have that whole coaching staff back. I am excited but I want to see more consistency for the program moving forward.
FL has placed themselves in a precarious position with their commitment to the SCAL. I remember when Lehman was a rough customer in the old SRC. They typically kicked MUs butt. Asher was a great coach.

TC must put a priority on Football to stay in the league. Being a Top 2 team every year in Soccer, Baseball, Basketball and a state caliber wrestling will not save them. Cannot risk low numbers and any excuses for them to be replaced by these schools mentioned. Building a 10 million dollar song and dance studio will not keep them in TRC.

So far so good, We have junior high football back!! TC lost 16 seniors, I think most folks will be suprised how competitive they will be this year. Remember, this was a team that battled MU pretty well playing only 7 of those 16 sr. MU was missing key guys ( rb, a wr) but TC was within one gift td ( forget to cover a kid) of a shot. And I will argue TC was better up front. How did TC have zero first team players, and the same amount of all conf as Lehman???

This year will be tough, 6-4 and sneak into playoffs a possibility. But 3-7 is not out of the possibillites either. Even if 3 -7 hits, they will be very competitive in at least 8 of those.

Remember, TC is the smallest school in the state of Ohio with a competitive Soccer and Football team.TC absolutely loves this conference and its an amazing fit. Lets show the TRC some love by comitting to football and a playoff callieber team every year. TC is focused on the arts right now.

This statement can be disputed.
Which team is it? I checked the boys count that has a soccer team that is state ranked most/every year and a Football team that is competiive. School name and number of boys, I could have missed it or not understand the quality of either of the programs.

Which team is it? I checked the boys count that has a soccer team that is state ranked most/every year and a Football team that is competiive. School name and number of boys, I could have missed it or not understand the quality of either of the programs.
ahhh... so where we're not seeing eye-to-eye is what constitutes "competitive." That's fine.

Fisher Cath - 44 boys
Rosecrans - 46 boys

TC - 80 boys

I'm aware that TC has a pretty solid boys' soccer program. Were they to play either of those two schools heads-up once a year, for a decade, TC would most likely win 6 of those games. Rosecrans is typically stronger than us in soccer, but our district is way more loaded in postseason than Rosecrans's (and for that matter, I could argue the Central District D3 is as stiff -- if not stiffer -- as SW D3.) IMO I think both FC and BR have competitive and respectable soccer programs.

Yes -- I did swoop in to defend my school's honor.

This statement can be disputed.

ahhh... so where we're not seeing eye-to-eye is what constitutes "competitive." That's fine.

Fisher Cath - 44 boys
Rosecrans - 46 boys

TC - 80 boys

I'm aware that TC has a pretty solid boys' soccer program. Were they to play either of those two schools heads-up once a year, for a decade, TC would most likely win 6 of those games. Rosecrans is typically stronger than us in soccer, but our district is way more loaded in postseason than Rosecrans's (and for that matter, I could argue the Central District D3 is as stiff -- if not stiffer -- as SW D3.) IMO I think both FC and BR have competitive and respectable soccer programs.

Yes -- I did swoop in to defend my school's honor.
Agree, TC has a better soccer program. In football both have blown each other out in the last 3 years. So call that a push. Edge TC due to soccer being better. But the 40 boy gap would at least pull Fisher close. I will admend my statement to say TC is in a small group of small schools with competitive soccer and football programs.

Agree, TC has a better soccer program. In football both have blown each other out in the last 3 years. So call that a push. Edge TC due to soccer being better. But the 40 boy gap would at least pull Fisher close. I will admend my statement to say TC is in a small group of small schools with competitive soccer and football programs.
Thanks.

Best of luck to TC, this season!

There's no doubt that TC played a good game vs MU. I would have to argue that TC had probably their second best game of the season vs MU. First being Covington.
MU played a good game vs TC but the numbers and overall talent was just too much. I think Milton, returning 8 starters, 3 that are All-State, and playing at home this year, should handle TC fairly easily. One thing you pay to learn schools forget is that you are not bound by school district lines. The other schools in the TRC outside of Lehman are. These Milton kids are all Union township kids. You had a West Milton kid at RB last year, I believe. Roniker. That kid was a stud. Great size at TC as well. One of the best programs in the TRC. I love being in that league with them.
Wrestling took a back seat this year. I was somewhat shocked.
I think Covington will be the shocker for everyone this year. Look out for the Buccs.

There's no doubt that TC played a good game vs MU. I would have to argue that TC had probably their second best game of the season vs MU. First being Covington.
MU played a good game vs TC but the numbers and overall talent was just too much. I think Milton, returning 8 starters, 3 that are All-State, and playing at home this year, should handle TC fairly easily. One thing you pay to learn schools forget is that you are not bound by school district lines. The other schools in the TRC outside of Lehman are. These Milton kids are all Union township kids. You had a West Milton kid at RB last year, I believe. Roniker. That kid was a stud. Great size at TC as well. One of the best programs in the TRC. I love being in that league with them.
Wrestling took a back seat this year. I was somewhat shocked.
I think Covington will be the shocker for everyone this year. Look out for the Buccs.
TC will need to slow the game way down. MU depth just takes over and overall talent. Could be a running clock.

Your always worried about a solid Covington playing well. I think there still a few years away.

Your always worried about a solid Covington playing well. I think there still a few years away
Both tc basketball and football will be picked last for whatever dumb reason.
Covington crashed overnight. The one big change? they hired a very young, untested, first time head coach.

That is the "dumb" reason many are picking TC toward the bottom of the league this year. Hopefully coach Hayden is amazing. I really do hope TC shows no decline this year. But a new coaching staff with very little experience plus a team with very little experience is not the usual formula for success.