2022 SWBL

Carlisle 70 Brookville 43

I don’t know how Brookville beat Oakwood, must have really been a bad night for the Jacks. That being said Wood kid from Brookville is solid. He had 22 of the 43 points. Carlisle dominated from tip. Smith 21, Rowe with 14 and Lawson with 13. Carlisle played well tonight.

Best game Franklin has played so far against the best team they have played so far. Bellbrook has a mix of some very good freshmen and sophomores!!
Sounds like Bellbrook is the team to beat. Monroe plays BB on Tuesday at home so It’ll be interesting to see where stand in the league. We gave the Jacks a good game. We can’t figure out how to close out tight games. Should have started 5-0 but gave away those games to Talwanda and Ross. I think we’ll win more than last years 8 games but it’ll be tough.

Madison easily would've held NT to less than 15pts. Richardson has these boys playing like champions. Cant wait until Jan 20th.
They must have scrimmaged NT?. Carlisle didn’t play starters in 4th against them and was subbing regularly all game. Good game for bench to get some minutes. Madison is improved for sure on defensive side of things. I expect it to be a game. as that’s how rival games go. My honest take is that Carlisle will score some points as they can score many different ways. I just don’t know if Madison has enough scoring to get it done. I’m sure both games will be dogfights and look forward to some good basketball. Big week for Indians as they have VV and Preble.

Schedule this week:

TUESDAY-
Eaton @ Brookville
Bellbrook @ Monroe
Carlisle @ Valley View
Franklin @ Waynesville

WEDNESDAY-
Oakwood @ Madison

THURSDAY-
Franklin @ Lebanon
Monroe @ Wilmington

Friday-
Preble Shawnee @ Carlisle
Dixie @ Madison
VV @ Oakwood
Waynesville @ Arcanum

Eaton @ Brookville, both 1-3 in league play. Taking Brookville at their home
Bellbrook @ Monroe, both atop the East division. Taking Bellbrook because I think they are deeper and better.
Carlisle @ Valley View. Taking Carlisle, Valley View is still in football mode.
Franklin @ Waynesville. Franklin remains winless. Sorry Wildcat Nation, The Kennard days are over.

Bellbrook @ Monroe, both atop the East division. Taking Bellbrook because I think they are deeper and better.
Franklin @ Waynesville. Franklin remains winless. Sorry Wildcat Nation, The Kennard days are over.
Agree on all four.

Agree on 3 of them, think Eaton will beat Brookville. I know Eaton has been without Best player. Think he back for this matchup

Carlisle 73
VV 44

Carlisle led by Lawson (16) Rowe (16) and Smith (15). Pretty balanced for Indians who were the better basketball team tonight. VV was sluggish and not much went in. Football mode probably as they all haven’t been in gym a lot yet.

Waynesville beats Franklin on half court shot at the buzzer. 41–39
Thanks go out to the Franklin fan who got kicked out with 1.1 sec left in the game AFTER TAKING THE LEAD to allow Waynesville to switch their play.

Tuesdays Results

Monroe 58
Bellbrook 50 Big win for Hornets

Brookville 58
Eaton 51 This loss hurts Eaton chances

Carlisle 73
Valley View 44 Carlisle looked really good tonight very balanced scoring and good defense

Waynesville 41
Franklin 39 What a difference a year makes for the wildcats

I tell you what we got a good team this year. Kids stay focused and we could have a pretty good season in a good while. Monroe has never won more than 14 games a season since 2007 when they won their last league title. I’m not saying their gonna win it but I think Monroe a good chance to eclipse that win total for the first time in 15 years. I could be wrong but I think we’re on the right track.

Tuesdays Results

Monroe 58
Bellbrook 50 Big win for Hornets

Brookville 58
Eaton 51 This loss hurts Eaton chances

Carlisle 73
Valley View 44 Carlisle looked really good tonight very balanced scoring and good defense

Waynesville 41
Franklin 39 What a difference a year makes for the wildcats
Lost 7 Seniors ,new coach Cats expected to have rebuilding year.

Waynesville beats Franklin on half court shot at the buzzer. 41–39
Thanks go out to the Franklin fan who got kicked out with 1.1 sec left in the game AFTER TAKING THE LEAD to allow Waynesville to switch their play.
The half court shot didn't beat Franklin. Franklin missed 5 out of 6 Free throws in the last 90 seconds that's what beat Franklin ..

The half court shot didn't beat Franklin. Franklin missed 5 out of 6 Free throws in the last 90 seconds that's what beat Franklin ..

You can play that game all day with stats. If Waynesville didn’t turn the ball over 3 times in the last 90 seconds they wouldn’t have had to make a half court shot.

I understand your point though. Both teams struggled to make baskets even when nobody was guarding them. Waynesville was terrible from the line all night

I tell you what we got a good team this year. Kids stay focused and we could have a pretty good season in a good while. Monroe has never won more than 14 games a season since 2007 when they won their last league title. I’m not saying their gonna win it but I think Monroe a good chance to eclipse that win total for the first time in 15 years. I could be wrong but I think we’re on the right track.
Going to have to stay healthy, but if they do they will have a good year. Only giving about 6 guys any significant playing time. If one goes down, could make a difference.

Lost 7 Seniors ,new coach Cats expected to have rebuilding year.
Just odd to see, they have been on top of Swbl for so long or been in the mix for title. The level of parents and players is what concerns me. Parents getting ejected players getting suspended. Players ineligible just a mess right now. I know most schools go through some things but this year with Franklin it seems like it’s all happening at once. Not a good look for new coach and AD. Not knocking them as I like both individuals and think they know there stuff. Just got into a bad situation for their first year.