2022 Steubenville Big Red

No one has really run on Big Red since the Nebraska Recruit (Heard) from Mooney, other than QB escapes and some trick plays.

Linsly ran about 9 run plays, the others were scrambles and wildcat, They dress about the same amount of Kids as Big Red, and they had a lot of guys over 6'0. Linsly is not some trash d7 school, they're a prep school that is starting to catch up to their basketball program.

I'm not comparing Linsly to Avon, I'm just talking numbers. Linsly has 3 future college WRs and a QB that's getting Mid Major and Ivy league looks, 30 attempts for 250 isn't the end of the world. Like Ive said 5x, it was a great game against a very good football team, and you can't make a bunch of mistakes and expect to beat a good football team.

Liberty nearly beat Glenville and Linsly would be a 3 point favorite against OL, let's pump the brakes on the name-calling and let this play out.
I think Hubbard had a ton of success on the ground in the playoffs when they had Daniels at QB

Your comparing Avon to linsly ? Steubenvilles pass defense stinks and so does the defensive backfield coach. I said nothing about 500 yards I said Steubenville can’t stop a pass for the last 4 to 5 years. Giving up 28 to linsly I would start to worry. Especially all they could do is pass. They had no running game what so ever. You will face much better teams than linsly in the playoffs. Last week I said Steubenville was probably the second best team in D4 but after that game Friday maybe not even top 5. Saying that steuby should win their region because all the other teams are lousy. Good luck time will tell.
Is your sole purpose of coming on this board to bash Steubenville? Were you in a team that SHS hammered? Maybe your kid was. Who may I ask do you support on the field.

Kettering Archbishop Alter fan here, and I was impressed by Steubenville last Friday (watched the game in NFHS). Looks like a very well coached team, which I would expect from Steubenville.

I think Hubbard had a ton of success on the ground in the playoffs when they had Daniels at QB
I said other than QB escapes. But yeah, they had 220 on the ground. Daniels - 30 for 150yds (Most of that came after Lulla's injury), half of that was RPO stuff. His performance was nothing Like Ray Williams or Braylon Heard's.

I said other than QB escapes. But yeah, they had 220 on the ground. Daniels - 30 for 150yds (Most of that came after Lulla's injury), half of that was RPO stuff. His performance was nothing Like Ray Williams or Braylon Heard's.
I wasn’t sure, I know they couldn’t pass at all, they just ran a zone read all year

I wasn’t sure, I know they couldn’t pass at all, they just ran a zone read all year
Daniels played great. It was 27-16 with about a minute left when he threw his third TD (7-10 3tds 130YDS/30rush 150). TB Mosora was second in yds with 60 on 11 carries, 50 of that came on an untouched 50YD TD up the middle.

Hubbard 350 Total yds

19 1st Downs

6 penalties for 30 yds

Big Red 365 Total yds

19 1st Downs

14 penalties for 106 yds

Daniels played great. It was 27-16 with about a minute left when he threw his third TD (7-10 3tds 130YDS/30rush 150). TB Mosora was second in yds with 60 on 11 carries, 50 of that came on an untouched 50YD TD up the middle.

Hubbard 350 Total yds

19 1st Downs

6 penalties for 30 yds

Big Red 365 Total yds

19 1st Downs

14 penalties for 106 yds
Imagine that…. They key to most Big Red losses of the last few years. 14 penalities… Nearly every loss last 3 years is over 10 penalties in the box score.

The lack of depth the last few years allows kids to just disregard any discipline for taking stupid penalties. They know they ain’t coming out no matter what.

Hubbard 350 Total yds

19 1st Downs

6 penalties for 30 yds

Big Red 365 Total yds

19 1st Downs

14 penalties for 106 yds
I remember watching it. It was a weird game Forsure