2022 St. Ignatius Football

Yep. St. Edward has sold their soul for football. Not St. Ignatius. A classic lol.
If that's how you interpreted that, fine.

I don't think (nor did I say) St. Edward sold their soul for football. When I say, "namely St. Edward's accelerated effort to get ahead of the curve," I'm referring bringing in and retaining quality coaches, and enhancing the academic offering school-wide to be more competitive with the types of athletes that tended to choose St. Ignatius up to a certain point in time. From my vantage point, those are the primary things that changed in the last 15 years vs. the prior 20.

For sure Cam Joyce has brought a more modern approach to St. Ignatius basketball.

It's not a value-based judgment. I don't think a high school adjusting its scheduling, coach hiring, media/recruitment/admissions strategies to benefit the football team are inherently bad. I'm simply saying that it appears to me that Chuck did and, if he didn't, he'd have been able to employ those strategies. I'm not even arguing that employing those strategies with him at the helm would've made the team more successful. Nor am I arguing that his successor must employ those strategies in order to be successful going forward.

All I'm saying is that Chuck (and Dale Gabor) had a pretty strict view of what high school sports should be and didn't budge from it over time, even when being so committed to that point of view reduced the likelihood of being as successful as they had been decades prior.