2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

which is odd because i never thought of VV as being like that. always thought they were more similar to a school like Clinton Massie until last year.
It just depends on who is brought in as a coach. As in last season, lots of unique circumstances surrounded it, but there was a lot of grumbling. I think it can be a very tight knit community that wants to rely on one of "their own". Outsiders will always have a tough time earning acceptance. If that makes sense.

New Everything?!? How is this a thing? They just built a new k-12 a year ago.
They did just build a new school. Now they are focusing on all the athletic stuff. Turf softball field, turf baseball infield, new track, turf football field, new press box and stands, new field house for winter sports. They proposed a plan and it’s in the works.

They did just build a new school. Now they are focusing on all the athletic stuff. Turf softball field, turf baseball infield, new track, turf football field, new press box and stands, new field house for winter sports. They proposed a plan and it’s in the works.
That's great news! Anytime a district can get upgrades like this, kudos to them

If it's about community and parent complaints about coaches, VV is definitely included.

My kids go to Madison but I'm a VV guy all the way. Looking at Madison I feel it's a combination of parents and coaches in all sports, not just football. A lot of parents think their kids are better than they really are. My son played soccer for 4 years at Madison, went thru 3 coaches and all of them weren't hired until a couple of weeks before practice was to begin. No off season program for the kids. I feel football is a lot worse with parents. They ran Favis off after one year and he was a young coach who played college football and could have built a program. Sometimes I think the worst think to happen to Madison was their 2 year playoff run. Parents think that was now the norm instead of an exemption

My kids go to Madison but I'm a VV guy all the way. Looking at Madison I feel it's a combination of parents and coaches in all sports, not just football. A lot of parents think their kids are better than they really are. My son played soccer for 4 years at Madison, went thru 3 coaches and all of them weren't hired until a couple of weeks before practice was to begin. No off season program for the kids. I feel football is a lot worse with parents. They ran Favis off after one year and he was a young coach who played college football and could have built a program. Sometimes I think the worst think to happen to Madison was their 2 year playoff run. Parents think that was now the norm instead of an exemption
I agree mostly. But Davis was terrible, he was an arrogant punk kid. They should have kept Jesse Hubbard. He was the program builder. Still don't understand what happened there.

This made we want to check into how each school is at all boys sports currently. If it's coaching they should have talent and be winning in at least some other sports.

Wrestling did not have any standings to go off of on the website. But this seems to be an interesting view of things in what sports (in some cases all) each school struggles at currently.
Wrestling uses a different site than swbl. I will say this Madison, bellbrook and Carlisle are usually good wrestling school for most part. I forget if these are 2022 or 2021 results

1.Brookville 198.0
2.Monroe 196.0
3. Franklin 144.0
4.​
Valley View 132.5
5. Eaton 121.0
6. Carlisle 113.0
7. Oakwood 101.0
8. Bellbrook 83.0
9.​
Waynesville​
10. Madison 67.0

Last edited:
I agree mostly. But Davis was terrible, he was an arrogant punk kid. They should have kept Jesse Hubbard. He was the program builder. Still don't understand what happened there.

You are right about Hubbard. From what I've heard the superintendent didn't care for him.

Wrestling uses a different site than swbl. I will say this Madison, bellbrook and Carlisle are usually good wrestling school for most part. I forget if these are 2022 or 2021 results

1.Brookville 198.0
2.Monroe 196.0
3. Franklin 144.0
4.​
Valley View 132.5
5. Eaton 121.0
6. Carlisle 113.0
7. Oakwood 101.0
8. Bellbrook 83.0
9.​
Waynesville​
10. Madison 67.0
I have a feeling eaton competes for a league title in wrestling this year.

I have a feeling eaton competes for a league title in wrestling this year.
Those was 2021 the 2022 brookville won it then 2nd Monroe 3rd Franklin Eaton finished 5th. I haven't followed swbl wrestlers in awhile. I do know Franklin for next couple years will be contenders for the league title. Eaton wrestling always been tough. Then you add in Edgewood and Ross soon and swbl wrestling going be entertaining

Those was 2021 the 2022 brookville won it then 2nd Monroe 3rd Franklin Eaton finished 5th. I haven't followed swbl wrestlers in awhile. I do know Franklin for next couple years will be contenders for the league title. Eaton wrestling always been tough. Then you add in Edgewood and Ross soon and swbl wrestling going be entertaining
I agree franklin has some good wrestlers. Edgewood and Ross are going to up everyone's game Ross looked very good last year. Need all the competition we can get to compete with the northern half of the state.

I agree franklin has some good wrestlers. Edgewood and Ross are going to up everyone's game Ross looked very good last year. Need all the competition we can get to compete with the northern half of the state.
I think Franklin may have the best coaching staff in this area. I agree it tough to wrestle with the northern part of the state. Sport wise I think they are tad bit better in general