2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Once again nobody gives 2 broke nickels about preble shawnee football. THey have been doormats since BC. Simply Koogle should get out of town asap. More like pee wee Arrow.
I don’t care if you give 2 broke nickels about Shawnee football. Fact is Shawnee is still playing and you’re on here because your kid sits the bench while you I’ll call you uncle Rico tells everyone in the stands how great he could be if coach would just put him in.

Overall, it was a nice showing in Week 11 for the SWBL. Here are their Week 12 games:

#1 Valley View vs. #9 Blanchester
#5 Bellbrook @ #4 Wapak
#10 Monroe @ #2 Western Brown
#6 Brookville @ #3 Northeastern
#14 Eaton @ #6 McNicholas

Outside of Valley View against Blanchester, the SWBL schools are probably considered underdogs in the other 4 games. With that said, I think each has a nice opportunity to win their game. Bellbrook and Wapak will be a defensive showdown and a lower scoring game. It plays right into the hands of Bellbrook's strengths. Monroe has played Western Brown once this season and should be better prepared a second time around. Brookville is hitting it's stride and faces an explosive Northeastern offense. I think a lot of what Brookville does well will give NE issues. Eaton plays another tough GCL school in McNich. But if you can beat Fenwick, you'll be capable of competing and beating McNich too.

Overall, it was a nice showing in Week 11 for the SWBL. Here are their Week 12 games:

#1 Valley View vs. #9 Blanchester
#5 Bellbrook @ #4 Wapak
#10 Monroe @ #2 Western Brown
#6 Brookville @ #3 Northeastern
#14 Eaton @ #6 McNicholas

Outside of Valley View against Blanchester, the SWBL schools are probably considered underdogs in the other 4 games. With that said, I think each has a nice opportunity to win their game. Bellbrook and Wapak will be a defensive showdown and a lower scoring game. It plays right into the hands of Bellbrook's strengths. Monroe has played Western Brown once this season and should be better prepared a second time around. Brookville is hitting it's stride and faces an explosive Northeastern offense. I think a lot of what Brookville does well will give NE issues. Eaton plays another tough GCL school in McNich. But if you can beat Fenwick, you'll be capable of competing and beating McNich too.
I could see the league going 5-0 or 1-4. The only team that shouldn't have a problem is VV, the others are toss up games. I'm curious to see the BV/NE score. Will tell a lot about both teams!

I could see the league going 5-0 or 1-4. The only team that shouldn't have a problem is VV, the others are toss up games. I'm curious to see the BV/NE score. Will tell a lot about both teams!
Totally agree. I think Brookville is a team that doesn't get the respect it should. Their only loss was to VV, 28-14. In that game VV had a defensive TD and a special teams TD. At halftime, VV led 7-0 due to that Pick 6. Brookville had controlled the time of possession but threw the INT that was returned for a TD, and they threw a TD in the end zone right before half. It was a pretty competitive game until VV got their offense going in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

Bales has lived in Franklin his entire life except when he attended college. I'd be willing to bet that Franklin wins at least one SWBL title in the next 3-4 years.
Has nothing to do with Football,
Where is he now??? SPRINGBORO
what does this have to do with football? He rode like a lot of coaches a wave of talent to credibility, he rode kennard and Roberts was the same coach that won multiple league titles who couldn’t win at centerville, coaches need talent.

Has nothing to do with Football,

what does this have to do with football? He rode like a lot of coaches a wave of talent to credibility, he rode kennard and Roberts was the same coach that won multiple league titles who couldn’t win at centerville, coaches need talent.
I've always heard that it's not about the X's and O's in HS, it's more about the Jimmy's and the Joe's

Totally agree. I think Brookville is a team that doesn't get the respect it should. Their only loss was to VV, 28-14. In that game VV had a defensive TD and a special teams TD. At halftime, VV led 7-0 due to that Pick 6. Brookville had controlled the time of possession but threw the INT that was returned for a TD, and they threw a TD in the end zone right before half. It was a pretty competitive game until VV got their offense going in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.
3 Northeastern so where is there football field i thinks its the one you see from the highway but not sure can i get some help

Been out of the country for work the last 8 weeks, so I've been playing catch up with the area's football results. Doesn't seem to be any really big surprises here, and looks like VV will really have an opportunity to make a deep run. I caught up with a few folks at different programs for some insight into what's going on. Franklin seems to be very turbulent. Parents are not happy with what took place this year. It'll be interesting to see what plays out, because there is a lot of talent, especially in the trenches. I watched them early in the season, and I think QB play was lacking, albeit a very small sample size. Madison is another mess. I think the biggest thing going on here is just really bad line play on both sides. I was told that one of their players may be going back to Edgewood, and a lot of their better players may not even play next year.
Franklin just needs to get the right coach in place and they will be fine. Plenty of players there. Madison is a tougher situation. It will take time to get the culture back where Poff had it. If player wants to go back to Edgewood, probably should have stayed there to start with.

Franklin just needs to get the right coach in place and they will be fine. Plenty of players there. Madison is a tougher situation. It will take time to get the culture back where Poff had it. If player wants to go back to Edgewood, probably should have stayed there to start with.

Agree with Franklin. They always have players. I'm starting to think Madison's success was because of a couple of good classes back to back but they still should be better and more competitive then they are.

Ill go with-

VV over Blanchester 48-6. VV will not be tested till next week, Hopefully they can get Clark back.

Bellbrook over Wapak 17-14 , Game could go either way rooting for swbl here

WB over Monroe in another shootout, 55-47. Novak is a stud and is tough to stop.

upset if you want to call it that Brookville over NE. 34-28, Brookville is quietly 10-1 on season dont count them out.

Eaton over Mcnick, 28-17. Eaton is a team thats up and down hopefully they play up to their potential.

SWBL goes 4-1 on weekend!

So both of you two cousins from camden have no clue what your talking about again. First of all we are still in the playoffs. My son plays both ways in the playoffs. Everybody knows that preble shawnee football team is irrelevant. Do you hear anybody except people inside camden talk about preble shawnee football.? No one is asking at the Miami valley coaching association how preble shanee is doing in football. So you guys in camden livin you own world think you are playing big time football in a weak conference, what division is that division 20? (peewee-arrow) I know what im buying you both for Christmas, the gold addition on hooked on phonics. I love spelling.
You definitely don't love spelling, or capitalization, punctuation, subject verb agreement, development of complete sentences, or any of the other grammatical rules of the English language.
Self awareness is in short supply these days for sure.

Listen up cupcake ..You are saying the same stuff I am Franklin is done. I've said this all season. I said Koogle was going back to Carlisle not Franklin. Kennard has nothing to do with the future of Franklin football. And Bales left town cause he's a coward. Lets make it clear the HC at franklin will not be removed because franklin dont want egg on there face because they made another mistake. This coach is currently recruiting kids at Middletown Hs to play football for the next season. He still has a ineligible player living in his house. The leach QB is a stud. Its going to take him 2 yrs to get used to hs football speed, which will make monks class a senior. After that the cabinet is empty again. Let me break this down to you in english, nobody cares about preble shwanee basketball thats why you play in a weak conference. You dont know what youre talking about.
Carlisle, Franklin... What's the difference anymore. Bales left town because of people like you in Franklin. There are 100s of you in Franklin. Ill use the Lakins kids dad as an example. Kids are VERY talented, but he would try to fight people at pee games. SWBL should have never added Franklin, Monroe, Waynesville and Milton in 2006. The conference was fine the way it was

So both of you two cousins from camden have no clue what your talking about again. First of all we are still in the playoffs. My son plays both ways in the playoffs. Everybody knows that preble shawnee football team is irrelevant. Do you hear anybody except people inside camden talk about preble shawnee football.? No one is asking at the Miami valley coaching association how preble shanee is doing in football. So you guys in camden livin you own world think you are playing big time football in a weak conference, what division is that division 20? (peewee-arrow) I know what im buying you both for Christmas, the gold addition on hooked on phonics. I love spelling.
I’m not very familiar with Koogle but I understand he’s a former Carlisle player and young so maybe that’s exactly what Carlisle needs to breathe life back into the program and get kids excited. With clod you’re doomed to ride the wave of mediocrity just below average just above as talent will dictate for him. Kids today don’t want to run his boring O and win 3 games, he runs it well but it’s time for them to look ahead best for them and SWBL. Now madison concerns me more they are hate to use the term but void of talent and depth so I’m not sure what’s going on, the coach hasn’t been there long enough to fairly gage. Franklin has no excuse the 2nd biggest school in the league playing down every game and still getting their tails handed to them, Franklin has made a career of absorbing talent from the surrounding schools and producing the rest in all their successful seasons recently kids from other SWBL schools transferring and being key contributors, they should never finish below 500 yet they do. Waynesville needs to develop some semblance of a running game or doomed to hope they can exploit teams with poor secondary's but no excuse for not finding running lanes or schemes when you throwin for 250 a game. Perhaps I tagged the wrong comment for this reply, my bad, anyway

Last edited:
Carlisle, Franklin... What's the difference anymore. Bales left town because of people like you in Franklin. There are 100s of you in Franklin. Ill use the Lakins kids dad as an example. Kids are VERY talented, but he would try to fight people at pee games. SWBL should have never added Franklin, Monroe, Waynesville and Milton in 2006. The conference was fine the way it was
Maybe Bales wants to coach D1? He coached his alma mater for 15 years, coached his son, maybe he wants to see what he can do at the D1 level.

There are people that are difficult to be around in all the listed towns in the SWBL. Dont point fingers at a few because you are upset. C'mon man

I think you can tell there's a lot of frustration at schools like Carlisle and Franklin right now. Mostly due to not meeting expectations of the community. One thing that all small towns have to be careful of, is you don't want to become the place where the parents are the real issue. Getting the right coach in place can take time and patience, not something many are great at allowing.

I think you can tell there's a lot of frustration at schools like Carlisle and Franklin right now. Mostly due to not meeting expectations of the community. One thing that all small towns have to be careful of, is you don't want to become the place where the parents are the real issue. Getting the right coach in place can take time and patience, not something many are great at allowing.
Carlisle certainly needs a change. Someone young and enthusiastic will benefit this team.

I agree 100%. Things take time and when Little Johnny sacrifices his whole high school career in rebuild mode, I think that is where you get the real issues with parents. It is unfortunate and the whole situation stinks.

Unfortunately, Bales ran Childers out of Franklin because of his own agenda (in my opinion) and they have yet to recover from that. To someone else's point, the pipeline of talent in Franklin is not there in basketball or football right now. I think that is another reason why Bales bailed on Franklin, he has been dealing with the lack of talent and some crazy parents. He saw the writing on the wall. I will close wth a Bales quote, "Once A Wildcat, Always a Wildcat." Man, that has backfired on him now....

Unfortunately, Bales ran Childers out of Franklin because of his own agenda (in my opinion) and they have yet to recover from that. To someone else's point, the pipeline of talent in Franklin is not there in basketball or football right now. I think that is another reason why Bales bailed on Franklin, he has been dealing with the lack of talent and some crazy parents. He saw the writing on the wall. I will close wth a Bales quote, "Once A Wildcat, Always a Wildcat." Man, that has backfired on him now....
How has anything backfired on Bales? Family still lives there, kids still attend there I believe. Coached there what, 15 years and leaves before he wears out his welcome. Bigger stage of basketball, more $ I'm sure, and doesn't have to be an AD for the first time since forever. Franklin folks really upset that he pursued that opportunity right down the road or have I missed something?

How has anything backfired on Bales? Family still lives there, kids still attend there I believe. Coached there what, 15 years and leaves before he wears out his welcome. Bigger stage of basketball, more $ I'm sure, and doesn't have to be an AD for the first time since forever. Franklin folks really upset that he pursued that opportunity right down the road or have I missed something?
He and his family have moved to Boro. "Once a Wildcat, Always a Panther." lol

Milton was added in 2000. They were a founding member of the SWBL.

You guys hating on Bales? I guess everyone has their own opinion. I personally know the guy and he would do anything for the Franklin community and has done it for a long time. He got a 100,000 reasons to go to Boro. We all look to better ourselves and our families and he had an opportunity to do that. It wasn’t like a lateral move or a step down. He will always be a wildcat at heart. To say he isn’t is non sense. A lot of people didn’t care for the way it went down but if the shoe was on the other foot I bet a lot of you would have done the same thing.

I’m not very familiar with Koogle but I understand he’s a former Carlisle player and young so maybe that’s exactly what Carlisle needs to breathe life back into the program and get kids excited. With clod you’re doomed to ride the wave of mediocrity just below average just above as talent will dictate for him. Kids today don’t want to run his boring O and win 3 games, he runs it well but it’s time for them to look ahead best for them and SWBL. Now madison concerns me more they are hate to use the term but void of talent and depth so I’m not sure what’s going on, the coach hasn’t been there long enough to fairly gage. Franklin has no excuse the 2nd biggest school in the league playing down every game and still getting their tails handed to them, Franklin has made a career of absorbing talent from the surrounding schools and producing the rest in all their successful seasons recently kids from other SWBL schools transferring and being key contributors, they should never finish below 500 yet they do. Waynesville needs to develop some semblance of a running game or doomed to hope they can exploit teams with poor secondary's but no excuse for not finding running lanes or schemes when you throwin for 250 a game. Perhaps I tagged the wrong comment for this reply, my bad, anyway
Would like to see Koogle back at Carlisle and maybe bring Clarkson (Stump) back with him. Carlisle needs a change. I applaud Clod and his efforts but the game has changed over time and he won’t do anything differently. There is also alot of behind the scenes, stuff that went down this year in program that has to be addressed. From my understanding it wasn’t clods doing but he is the head coach and has to take responsibility for his staffs actions. Time will only tell.

You guys hating on Bales? I guess everyone has their own opinion. I personally know the guy and he would do anything for the Franklin community and has done it for a long time. He got a 100,000 reasons to go to Boro. We all look to better ourselves and our families and he had an opportunity to do that. It wasn’t like a lateral move or a step down. He will always be a wildcat at heart. To say he isn’t is non sense. A lot of people didn’t care for the way it went down but if the shoe was on the other foot I bet a lot of you would have done the same thing.
I’d always take the 💰 I don’t blame him at all.