2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

Eaton's offensive stats.
Wow, almost 500 yards of offense. I know this is a SWBL thread but how did the RB, I believe #2, from Greenville look? He had over 200 yards rushing last year. Sounds like Eaton was able to shut him down considering the score. It was a treat last year to seen him and Williams rack up the yards.

If you look at the stats from the Waynesville game, how did they win? First downs were 19-3 CM. Total plays were 64-27 CM. Yards were 329-77 CM. What this ultimately tells me is Waynesville has a group of scrappy kids that plays their hearts out. Congratulations.
Wow, that's crazy.

Wow, almost 500 yards of offense. I know this is a SWBL thread but how did the RB, I believe #2, from Greenville look? He had over 200 yards rushing last year. Sounds like Eaton was able to shut him down considering the score. It was a treat last year to seen him and Williams rack up the yards.
He broke an 80 yarder for a td. They kept him pretty well contained other than that long run.

Eaton vs. Springfield Shawnee- Closer than expected
Brookville vs. Anna - Blow out
Beavercreek at Franklin- Close but Franklin wins by 3
Waynesville At Greenview- Waynesville plays with hangover
Carlisle at Miami East- Carlisle gets it rolling, East just looks bad
Ross at Monroe- Closer than expected, Monroe by 7
VV Vs MU- MU by 2, Should be a barn burner
Madison at Fenwick- Fenwick by 21
Bellbrook at Burg- Burg by 14, To much fire power

Eaton 40 S.Shawnee 14
Brookville 38 Anna 6
Franklin 27 Beavercreek 10
Greenview 24 W-Ville 14
Carlisle 35 Miami East 6
Monroe 35 Ross 20
Valley View 24 M.Union 21
Fenwick 49 Madison 0
Miamisburg 35 Bellbrook 17
Northridge 21 Oakwood 14

Last edited:
Eaton@ Springfield Shawnee-Eaton will start slow after a long bus ride and pull away in the second half
Brookville @ Anna-I'm giving Anna home field advantage in a close one
Beavercreek at Franklin-I'm not convinced Fenwick is any good, so this game could go either way. I'll give Franklin the home field advantage in a close one
Waynesville At Greenview-Good for the Spartans this past Friday with a huge upset. I think they come back to reality this week. Greenview by a score, but I hope I'm wrong
Carlisle at Miami East-Carlisle by a couple of scores
Ross at Monroe-Monroe by a couple of scores. The over/under on total passes for the game is 7. I'll take the under and the game is over by 9.
Milton Union @Valley View-Both are solid, MU rarely wins in G'Town. I'll take VV in a close one, maybe even a couple of OT's
Madison at Fenwick-Running clock, going to be a long year in West Middletown
Bellbrook at Burg-I think this might get ugly. The Burg is one of the better DI teams in the Dayton area this year, I think Bellbrook is still looking for some offense. The Burg by 14+ and Bellbrook starts 0-2.
Oakwood vs. Northridge-I'll take Oakwood, I doubt much has really changed for the Polar Bears other than their conference

Last edited:
Eaton@ Springfield Shawnee- Eaton
Brookville @ Anna- Brookville
Beavercreek at Franklin- Franklin
Waynesville At Greenview- GV
Carlisle at Miami East- Carlisle
Ross at Monroe- Monroe
Milton Union @Valley View- VV By 3
Madison at Fenwick- Fenwick by 40
Bellbrook at Burg- Miamisburg
Oakwood vs. Northridge- Northridge

Ross at Monroe- Ross
Milton Union @Valley View- MU by 8
Madison at Fenwick- Fenwick by 28
Oakwood vs. Northridge- Oakwood by 14

Week 1 had some ups and downs for the league. Oakwood, Waynesville, and Valley View all had nice wins. Bellbrook missed on a tough loss against Tipp City. Franklin losing to Fenwick was disappointing to me.

Really nice win for Waynesville over their rival and defending state champ, Clinton Massie. The stats were so heavy in CM's favor. Did Waynesville produce turnovers over score defensively? I'm interested how they came out on top.

Week 1 had some ups and downs for the league. Oakwood, Waynesville, and Valley View all had nice wins. Bellbrook missed on a tough loss against Tipp City. Franklin losing to Fenwick was disappointing to me.

Really nice win for Waynesville over their rival and defending state champ, Clinton Massie. The stats were so heavy in CM's favor. Did Waynesville produce turnovers over score defensively? I'm interested how they came out on top.
Waynesville had a blocked punt and also a blocked field goal. Defense held them for the most part after CM first drive that lasted 11:30 of the 12 minutes in the 1Q. After the first drive they had 2 long runs but other than that Waynesville Scrappy defense held them really well.

Eaton wins over Sprin Shawnee, will be a good comparison to see where Eaton and VV are at early with a common opponent. Eaton 35-13

Brookville really good team, don’t know what Anna has. Brookville 22-14

Franklin- Beavercreek has been down for awhile but how will Franklin rebound from the Loss. Franklin 28-13

Greenview- interesting game here is Waynesville for real? Close game 21-16 GV

Carlisle wins big Miami East is struggling for talent.

Monroe beats Ross but closer than some would predict.

Valley View- great game here 28-27 probably game of year early on. edge to VV at home

Fenwick- pounds Madison, very disappointed in Madison and how they performed week 1

Miamisburg- to much for Bellbrook

Oakwood- will be close but Oakwood is pretty solid and pulls away in secod

2 blocked fg's, 7 penalties to keep CM behind the chains, a blocked punt that WV dropped a 32yd dime on the the next play to tie 7-7 right before the half, and a fumble, scoop and score from about 10 yds out late in the 3rd that was the difference. Hats off to WV seemed like they wanted it more.

Did Brookville return many starters from last year? If they put a running clock on Anna, you will have to start talking about them being contenders for R20 champions.

Did Brookville return many starters from last year? If they put a running clock on Anna, you will have to start talking about them being contenders for R20 champions.
I don’t see them putting a running clock on Anna. Who said that? Brookville is good but they will struggle with the Rockets.

Week 2:

Eaton @ Springfield Shawnee
Brookville @ Anna
Beavercreek @ Franklin
Waynesville
@ Greenview
Carlisle
@ Miami East
Ross @ Monroe
Milton Union @ Valley View
Madison @ Fenwick
Bellbrook @ Burg
Northridge @ Oakwood

There are some really nice Week 2 matchups in the SWBL. Brookville/Anna, Waynesville/Greenview, Ross/Monroe, MU/VV, Carlisle/ME, Bellbrook/Miamisburg, and Northridge/Oakwood could all be close games in my view. Franklin, Eaton, and Fenwick should win handily.

Week 2:

Brookville @ Anna
Beavercreek @ Franklin
Waynesville
@ Greenview
Carlisle @ Miami East
Ross @ Monroe
Madison @ Fenwick
Bellbrook @ Burg
Northridge
@ Oakwood

Eaton 40 S.Shawnee 14
Brookville 38 Anna 6
Franklin 27 Beavercreek 10
Greenview 24 W-Ville 14
Carlisle 35 Miami East 6
Monroe 35 Ross 20
Valley View 24 M.Union 21
Fenwick 49 Madison 0
Miamisburg 35 Bellbrook 17
Northridge 21 Oakwood 14
Almost a running clock on Anna.

Brookville @ Anna
Beavercreek @ Franklin
Waynesville
@ Greenview
Carlisle @ Miami East
Ross @ Monroe
Madison @ Fenwick
Bellbrook @ Burg
Northridge @ Oakwood

Eaton 28 S.Shawnee 21
Brookville 28 Anna 14
Franklin 24 Beavercreek 7
Greenview 7 waynesville 14
Carlisle 35
Miami East 0
Monroe 38 Ross 17
Valley View 42 M.Union 21
fenwick 49 Madison 0
Miamisburg 28 Bellbrook 17
Northridge 14 Oakwood 28

2 blocked fg's, 7 penalties to keep CM behind the chains, a blocked punt that WV dropped a 32yd dime on the the next play to tie 7-7 right before the half, and a fumble, scoop and score from about 10 yds out late in the 3rd that was the difference. Hats off to WV seemed like they wanted it more.

Oakwood's win was a fluke over a very average Mariemont team. Two late penalties including a pass interference call on 4th and goal from the 4 with 15 seconds to play gave them a free play from the 1. they converted for the victory. It was a terrible game and if they compete well as the season goes on I will be stunned. If Northridge is terrible, Oakwood might beat them.

I’m not sold on the confidence of the SWBL. I think there will be some upsets. Eaton will beat Shawnee. Northridge over Oakwood. Milton over mighty Valley View. If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it. Good luck to all SWBL schools this week, except VV. 😂

Ross at Monroe- Ross
Milton Union @Valley View- MU by 8
Madison at Fenwick- Fenwick by 28
Oakwood vs. Northridge- Oakwood by 14
You have Oakwood by 14, and in your next post you have the losing.
I guess you won’t be wrong about them, unless the game is a tie.

Eaton 35 Shawnee 20
Brookville 42 Anna 21
Franklin 14 Beavercreek 13
Greenview 23 Waynesville 21
Carlisle 35 Miami East 0
Monroe 35 Ross 14
Valley View 38 Milton Union 14
Fenwick 38 Madison 0
Miamisburg 42 Bellbrook 28
Northridge 20 Oakwood 23