2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I think the Eaton game will be a challenge for Waynesville. It could go either way depending on how Eaton plays coming back off of the loss from Bellbrook. Waynesville needs to stay sharp all game if they want a chance to win the game.

VV - big win
Monroe - big win
Franklin - wins this game, they are better than the 1-3 record shows
Eaton - wins big
Brookville - wins big

I'll go with:

Week 5 Games:
Middletown Madison @ Valley View
Oakwood @ Monroe
Bellbrook
@ Franklin
Waynesville @ Eaton
Carlisle @ Brookville

I thought they went toe to toe with BB. Take away all of the turnovers and they could have been in a position to win at the end of the game. I just think the turnovers really took a toll on the defense. Really took the wind out of their sails. It was evident about midway through the 3rd on.
So Bellbrook had nothing to do with those turnovers huh ? Good teams cause Turnovers and win the turnover battle , that’s how high school football programs are built , great defense , win the turnover battle and play your butt off on special teams . Not saying Eaton didn’t self destruct some but come on man , give the Bellbrook eagles some credit . There’s a reason they up 24-7 in the 4th .

So Bellbrook had nothing to do with those turnovers huh ? Good teams cause Turnovers and win the turnover battle , that’s how high school football programs are built , great defense , win the turnover battle and play your butt off on special teams . Not saying Eaton didn’t self destruct some but come on man , give the Bellbrook eagles some credit . There’s a reason they up 24-7 in the 4th .
I never placed the onus for the turnovers one way or the other. It is usually a forgone conclusion that if you drastically lose the turnover battle, the outcome of the game is not going to be in your favor.

The focus in my initial comment was on Eaton and not BB. Kudos to BB for a hard fought win.

Last edited:
Are you serious? First thing you shouldn't be on here from Carlisle talking about football especially in the early 90's. if you played. What seriously makes you think that monroe can beat massie . Please let me know how you can even back this statement up. Monroe wont beat bellbrook, eaton or maybe not even waynesville. That would make the Hornets 5-5 on the year so they better pick it up. Also this could be the last yr for the HC with 16 seniors leaving.
i definitely think monroe can beat massie? that’s not far fetched at all

I see your previous post about Kennard, garbage. Here's my response to that. THe kennards have been playing football for many generations for Franklin. Luke played until end of his Jr year and obviously wasn't going to risk a pro basketball contract for 1 one last yr of Hs football. I believe you are referring to all the kids in franklin that come after Luke all they want to do is play basketball and not football. If you truly knew anything about being a wildcat that it is one of the biggest football towns in the state of ohio and always will be. But we continue to bring in coaches that don't understand how to coach franklin kids. It time for the parents in that town to handle their business with the school board and the super. If im correct the super is from up north also, are starting to see the pattern.

How do you figure Franklin is one of the biggest football towns in the state? What have they ever won? Known in the Dayton area, sure. Go to Columbus and ask about Franklin football and most won't know who you are talking about.

How do you figure Franklin is one of the biggest football towns in the state? What have they ever won? Known in the Dayton area, sure. Go to Columbus and ask about Franklin football and most won't know who you are talking about.
I agree with you and Is this the same Franklin that is 6-14 in the playoffs? Outside of the SWBL faithful, does anyone know where Franklin High School is? How far from away from the I-75 driving range? I have been to some of the biggest football towns in Ohio and country but for some reason Franklin, OH just doesn't pop into my mind.

I wish I knew more about Ohio HS football...

I agree with you and Is this the same Franklin that is 6-14 in the playoffs? Outside of the SWBL faithful, does anyone know where Franklin High School is? How far from away from the I-75 driving range? I have been to some of the biggest football towns in Ohio and country but for some reason Franklin, OH just doesn't pop into my mind.

I wish I knew more about Ohio HS football...
Franklin sits on 75. Just south of Centerville. It’s actually a pretty large town.

I hate to bust your bubble but it has to be done. Talking about the HC and Coombs in the same breath made me throw up in my mouth. Clearly you sent this text before the Brookville game. Monroe spotted brookville 28 points at half. They Basically was blown out by a simple run game. Monroe will not win their league this year and will not make the playoffs, Also to adlib Miles should not be the starting Qb for Monroe we all know who it should be. Miles should be a wing. I'll wait for your response.
What are you talking about? YOU made the connection between the Monroe offense and the Colerain offense and I simply connected the dots between Coombs, Haynes and Mullins. In no way, shape, or form was I comparing Coombs and Mullins as coaches. Brookville is good. Much better than I anticipated. They beat Monroe plain and simple. Monroe was much better in the second half, but it was not enough. If they stay healthy, I see Brookville winning 9 or 10 games and making a run in region 20. After losing this game, it will be difficult to compete for the league title but not out of the question but I would guess they finish 6-4 or 7-3 and still can win a game or two in the playoffs. As far as Miles, I think he would be better suited as a wing, but he has done well running the option and is limited as a passer. I've been to every Monroe varsity, JV, and freshman game this year. There are only two kids that can even be mentioned as varsity QB's. One made a personal decision that kept him away from most of summer camp and limited his opportunities to compete for the starting job. The other, IMO is not physically ready to be the varsity QB but is very talented and has a bright future.

Are you serious? First thing you shouldn't be on here from Carlisle talking about football especially in the early 90's. if you played. What seriously makes you think that monroe can beat massie . Please let me know how you can even back this statement up. Monroe wont beat bellbrook, eaton or maybe not even waynesville. That would make the Hornets 5-5 on the year so they better pick it up. Also this could be the last yr for the HC with 16 seniors leaving.
Dead serious and i'll say it again. Massie is just god awful offensively this year. After watching two games, they are lacking talent. They're extremely young but have been young in the past. This Massie team is 0-4 for a reason...Bellbrook, Eaton, Monroe, Brookville, Valley View would all beat Massie this year. Waynesville had 70 total yards and beat Massie. Massie does have a solid defense but it hasn't been enough to stop teams thus far.

I think the most shocking team right now is Northridge. That team has some serious talent. I can see them going 9-1 or 8-2 this year. I'm glad to see them start to pick it up. It's been a long time since we have seen a good Northridge Squad.

Dead serious and i'll say it again. Massie is just god awful offensively this year. After watching two games, they are lacking talent. They're extremely young but have been young in the past. This Massie team is 0-4 for a reason...Bellbrook, Eaton, Monroe, Brookville, Valley View would all beat Massie this year. Waynesville had 70 total yards and beat Massie. Massie does have a solid defense but it hasn't been enough to stop teams thus far.

I think the most shocking team right now is Northridge. That team has some serious talent. I can see them going 9-1 or 8-2 this year. I'm glad to see them start to pick it up. It's been a long time since we have seen a good Northridge Squad.
Northridge as a shock? They are 4-0 against some really bad teams, combined 3-13 record which is indicative of their 2nd level points. Their only test of the year will be against MU, which they will lose. Right now their scheduled opponents have a 12-28 record with MU having 4 of those wins. Take it for what its worth but they will be irrelevant by the end of week 11, Region 16 is fairly decent.

Massie may go 4-6 or 5-5 and still make the playoffs but outside of Wyoming, they are one of the biggest threats to upend a good season of a R16 team. Massie is a snake and will bite you. Proceed with caution.

In reference to Clinton Massie, they are losing games that in the past they've won. I'll give them credit for a pretty solid OOC schedule though as well. They'll get into league play and have success, with their main competition being Western Brown. Will 5-5 get them in the playoffs? I would think they'll have a decent chance if they can get the wins.

I agree on Northridge as well. They have talent but they are playing a pretty weak schedule as well. You'll find out more about them when they play Milton Union later in the season. Until then, they won't get a lot of pushback.

Good for Northridge, they have had some rough seasons

Northridge better watch out for Riverside this week. They were 0-0 with a horrible Miami East team last week at halftime.

Last edited:
I would like to apologize for taking my comments on a tangent and honestly I didn't know that was a no/no on the SWBL thread. I follow two, not to be named conferences and commented on two, not to be named, non SWBL schools (Nothing but SWBL mentioned...happy?). With that said and all the bytes taken up by non SWBL messaging; I now know there is talk and information needing to be disseminated about the SWBL please, update us.

Can someone rack and stack the East and West teams? Who are the surprises and disappointments? Who are some of the players that have impressed you the most. Finally, disregard the skill guys, who are some of the hogs on these teams that need a shout out?

Last edited:
Why are we talking about Massie, Northridge or any other school outside of the SWBL? Your leagues have their own threads, please take their conversations there. Thanks
Carlisle played Northridge and Waynesville played Massie. I believe we can discuss any team we choose if it affects the SWBL in any way. Someone didn't get their cupcake this morning so he's mad.

It’s on the side of the helmet now. I always thought they should use the lumberjack from Dinty Moore Stew cans on their helmet. 😂😂
Enough of ripping on Oakwood. Can we talk about some of the other teams from different conferences? ;)

I did like at Milton's stadium they still have the covid stickers on the seats in the stands that says "Bulldogs sit here". I wanted to add an "h" in the middle of "sit", but my wife wouldn't let me. :)

Enough of ripping on Oakwood. Can we talk about some of the other teams from different conferences? ;)

I did like at Milton's stadium they still have the covid stickers on the seats in the stands that says "Bulldogs sit here". I wanted to add an "h" in the middle of "sit", but my wife wouldn't let me. :)
Evidently we cannot not talk about other conference teams, see above posts. It seems to be a trigger... BTW, not ripping on Oakwood, it was their helmet design...just say'n.