2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Good one, mom help you write that?
Something about Mom, and sucking....there has to be a joke there....right?

Stillers had a good run. Very, very long time without a losing record. Team is devoid of talent and need picks to reinvigorate the franchise.

A new OC will go a long way next year and if we can get the bears to lose a few and get a few picks inthe top fiddy then maybe we wont have a bengal and brownesque extended downturn

Something about Mom, and sucking....there has to be a joke there....right?

Stillers had a good run. Very, very long time without a losing record. Team is devoid of talent and need picks to reinvigorate the franchise.

A new OC will go a long way next year and if we can get the bears to lose a few and get a few picks inthe top fiddy then maybe we wont have a bengal and brownesque extended downturn
Maybe. How does one become a Steelers fan when living in Ohio?

I'm a Steeler fan living in Ohio. Youngstown, which is exactly halfway between Pittsburgh and Cleveland. Multiple family members from both sides throughout Pittsburgh area. Anything slightly West of Youngstown in heavy Browns. Anything slightly East, Cleveland might as well be in Idaho.
I never understood the 'root for Ohio teams when you live in Ohio' thought process. You root for whoever you want to root for. I grew up in the early-mid 70s when the Pirates and Steelers dominated their divisions and the Indians and Browns were as smooth as lumpy oatmeal. The Bengals were up and down and the Big Red Machine was our evil empire. Everytime I went to an Indians game with my dad they lost. Every time I went to a Pirates game they won. Only thing entertaining at an Indians game was watching Oscar Gambles helmet fly off his 'from
As a young boy what's the better choice. Oscar and his helmet or Stargell hitting bombs?
This is the Steelers worst team since Chuck Noll was on the 19th Green. And they still have upside. Leads the confetence in giving up more points than scored. Even worse the Houston. And I still think their 23 & 24 seasons can be winning ones. Let Pickett develop. Just like college the light bulb didn't go off until later. The most valuable offensive players are either rookies or 2nd year players sans Dionte

As we all know, fandom is born as a yute, and most don't even recall the circumstances of their choices. Most comes from your parents. Luckily my neighbor, a few years older than I, was a Stiller's fan and I followed suit. Thank God I didn't follow in my family footsteps and become a miserable browns fan. He likely liked them because as kids of the 70s guess who was king? Ironically enogh he ended up in clevlead and a clowns fan. Poor life choice.

I took what I thought was a goodluck charm to the game....bengals fan who was 2-10 lifetime at Bengals games...0-4 VA the Steelers. Not even that was enough for the football Gods.

It's ok tho.....does seem less stressful when ya know ya suck and will lose.

As we all know, fandom is born as a yute, and most don't even recall the circumstances of their choices. Most comes from your parents. Luckily my neighbor, a few years older than I, was a Stiller's fan and I followed suit. Thank God I didn't follow in my family footsteps and become a miserable browns fan. He likely liked them because as kids of the 70s guess who was king? Ironically enogh he ended up in clevlead and a clowns fan. Poor life choice.

I took what I thought was a goodluck charm to the game....bengals fan who was 2-10 lifetime at Bengals games...0-4 VA the Steelers. Not even that was enough for the football Gods.

It's ok tho.....does seem less stressful when ya know ya suck and will lose.
So you’re a front runner, good to know

If you want to call a 4-5 year old Voice a frontrunner then , well I guess I'm guilty.

What is worse, , a 5 yr old "frontrunner" or a stupid 5-6 yr old who becomes a browns or Bengals fan?
So rooting for a team, win or lose makes one stupid in your world, interesting.

NE Ohio was inundated with Steelers games during the 3 years the Browns were absent from the league, and the Steelers were doing well at the time. That would have an effect on many younger fans of the period.

Additionally, Pittsburgh is the closest NFL city for many fans in eastern OH, and those fans find the Steelers to be more representative of them and their Appalachian identity.

Lastly, there are plenty of Western PA transplants in NE Ohio from earlier generations courtesy of the steel industry. I went to school with my fair share of kids whose families moved to the area when their fathers took management positions at the local mills.

Last edited:
I Ohio was inundated with Steelers games during the 3 years the Browns were absent from the league, and the Steelers were doing well at the time Thaitt would have an effect on many younger fans of the period. Ii

Additionally, Pittsburgh is the closest NFL city for many fans in eastern OH, and those fans find the Steelers to be more representative of them and their Appalachian roots.

Lastly, there are plenty of Western PA transplants in NE Ohio from earlier generations courtesy of the steel industry.
Dont you ever, ever insinuate I'm from NEO. I'd rather not have been born than be froititm NEO!
Ittitittitiitit
Fandom starts early. So early most kids have no idea where the teams are on a map. A number of my nephews have followed my lead as I influenced them early. They've had a much better football experience than if they followed their parents lead.

Dont you ever, ever insinuate I'm from NEO. I'd rather not have been born than be froititm NEO!
Ittitittitiitit

Fandom starts early. So early most kids have no idea where the teams are on a map. A number of my nephews have followed my lead as I influenced them early. They've had a much better football experience than if they followed their parents lead.
Agreed. However, if from Ohio root for Ohio teams no matter how much they suck. Builds humility at a young age.

Last edited:
I am like many Steelers fans in Ohio. My parents families came from south and east of Pittsburgh in the late 50s. I grew up in a huge Steelers family and it to this day is our family tradition. I grew up in Madison Twp (Eastern Lake County) and it was 50/50 browns and Steelers. I always remember my grandfather saying when I was a kid he never knew their was such thing as a straight road until he got to Ohio. Jobs were the big reasons for families moving to Ohio and explains a lot of the Steelers fan base here.

Well, decent 1st half vs the Colts but the Steelers Offense has to finish drives. Kicking 3 first half fg’s in the NFL usually means disaster - left too many points out on the field. Another solid performance by Pickett considering he’s a rookie. Nothing flashy but zero turnovers over the last 3 games. Not a lot of yards per attempt, hopefully Pickett can get the ball down field a bit more. Johnson, make a play for your rookie qb - got to make that catch in the end zone.

The line appears to be getting somewhat better but they are a long way from becoming a top 3rd unit.

Next week at Atlanta, hopefully the Steelers can turn a couple of those fg’s into td’s and Pickett continues his development.

Well, decent 1st half vs the Colts but the Steelers Offense has to finish drives. Kicking 3 first half fg’s in the NFL usually means disaster - left too many points out on the field. Another solid performance by Pickett considering he’s a rookie. Nothing flashy but zero turnovers over the last 3 games. Not a lot of yards per attempt, hopefully Pickett can get the ball down field a bit more. Johnson, make a play for your rookie qb - got to make that catch in the end zone.

The line appears to be getting somewhat better but they are a long way from becoming a top 3rd unit.

Next week at Atlanta, hopefully the Steelers can turn a couple of those fg’s into td’s and Pickett continues his development.
And we also apparently have found a run game!

Looks like we just may mess around enough and get a middle of the first round pick.

We cannot even tank correctly!
I‘m conflicted. I can’t root against the Steelers but if you are going to tank let’s at least get a top 10 pick. The upside is I’m not at the edge of my seat during the games..if they win they win but no lost sleep over loses. Btw, the second half was a replay of the Bengals game at least for the first 29 minutes 30 seconds. Felt certain they were going to throw a flag on that last pass on Fitzpatrick. Then an OT loss.

A Top 5 or so pick usually means a difference maker but the draft is never a guarantee. I would hope the Steelers are drafting around 15 because Pickett has improved & is developing into a potential solid franchise qb. If the Steelers draft around 5 it’s most likely because Pickett has plateaued or regressed and the Steelers are most likely looking at a qb for the 2023 draft.

Lets hope the qb position is somewhat resolved and the Steelers are looking at drafting somewhere around 15th.

A Top 5 or so pick usually means a difference maker but the draft is never a guarantee. I would hope the Steelers are drafting around 15 because Pickett has improved & is developing into a potential solid franchise qb. If the Steelers draft around 5 it’s most likely because Pickett has plateaued or regressed and the Steelers are most likely looking at a qb for the 2023 draft.

Lets hope the qb position is somewhat resolved and the Steelers are looking at drafting somewhere around 15th.
If they go around 15 what position do you think they are looking at? Or just the best available other then Qb/RB. I’d guess OT, DL, CB.

If they go around 15 what position do you think they are looking at? Or just the best available other then Qb/RB. I’d guess OT, DL, CB.
I’m really hoping for a top ten pick. I really want to see Jalen Carter in the black n gold and we need the help on our D line.

Today I saw 3 round mock draft for the Steelers of:
* 1st Rd - Penn St CB Joey Porter
* 2nd Rd - LSU OLB/Edge Rusher
* 2nd Rd - Syracuse OT
* 3rd Rd - Michigan DT

The Porter pick just seems so Steelers - take the former Steeler great OLB son.

Personally I believe a shutdown corner is a luxury or a nice piece to have if a team is close to being a Super Bowl team - the Steelers are not. I think the Steelers desperately need a LT, turn your worse oline spot into hopefully your best olineman. A DT is also really needed, Heyward is north of 30 and a future OLB depending on what they decide to do with Alex Highsmith who is signed through 2023 season - he will not be cheap to resign. Need depth at OLB, look how the D played while Watt was out.

FYI. This year the Dolphins forfeited their 1st rd pick due to tampering w/ Tom Brady. Thus there are only 31 picks in the first round. The Bears 2nd rd pick could be as high as the 33rd player taken - can’t see the Bears ending with a worse record than the Texans.

And we also apparently have found a run game!
There was a play in the 1st half where Najee continued his little indecisive stutterstepping. I thought McFarland and Snell were aggressive and wanted to show the coaching staff they're deserving of PT. I like Najee, but maybe the Steelers need to start feeding others the ball thats deserving. Throw a healthy Warren in that mix

There was a play in the 1st half where Najee continued his little indecisive stutterstepping. I thought McFarland and Snell were aggressive and wanted to show the coaching staff they're deserving of PT. I like Najee, but maybe the Steelers need to start feeding others the ball thats deserving. Throw a healthy Warren in that mix
Yeah Najee definitely is indecisive. I’ve seen that so many times this year where he stops dead in his tracks and loses any momentum moving forward. Snell and MacFarland definitely played hard nosed football and I think we should see more of them as the seasons rolls on.

Yeah Najee definitely is indecisive. I’ve seen that so many times this year where he stops dead in his tracks and loses any momentum moving forward. Snell and MacFarland definitely played hard nosed football and I think we should see more of them as the seasons rolls on.
Thing is I don’t recall Najee running like that at Bama…or am I wrong?

Najee wont be around for his next contract. We all see it, he just does not explode in the hole.

WIth that said, I hate seeing us lose games, but I know it probaby is what is best for a quicker turnaround. I dont know of Pickett is T H E guy, but while we find out we need to rebuild other places. I think he is good enough to get us to the playoffs if we have solid around him.

I dont think they get rid of MT, but there is a lot of hatred towards him. He is fortunate that Canada is so bad that he gets the biggest brunt of it.