2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

So much for Canada coming out Thursday to say that the offense would be tremendous on Sunday. He still does not understand the middle of the field can be used. It is not a "no fly" zone. Pickens had only 3 targets, that is just unbelievable.

So much for Canada coming out Thursday to say that the offense would be tremendous on Sunday. He still does not understand the middle of the field can be used. It is not a "no fly" zone. Pickens had only 3 targets, that is just unbelievable.
Keeping him is our way to tanking. With the accusations in Miami, and Hues claims in Clev about why he sucked so bad teams need to be more discreet when trying to tank.

Keeping an awful OC is a great cover.

I am not vouching for Canada, the scheme on offense is definitely lacking. But that O-Line is problem #1. Najee gets hit in the backfield a lot, and very few running lanes for him. Putting a rookie QB back there will ruin the kid.

A lot going on at the trade deadline today regarding the Steelers who:
* Traded wr Chase Claypool to the Bears for the Bears 2nd rd pick in 2023
* Traded with Washington for cb William Jackson III who has 2 years left on his contract, 2023 @ $15.7 mil cap hit and 2024 @ $6 mil cap hit. Jackson and the Washington head coach had a falling out, Jackson wanted to be used in more man to man coverage packages vs playing mostly zone. Washington was going to cut Jackson & take a $9 mil cap hit unless they found a trade partner. Thus, Washington probably took on some of the contract and the Steelers probably on gave up a 6th or 7th rd pick.

Hate to see Claypool go but it makes sense to do the trade, that pick will be around the 40th pick in next years draft. The Jackson deal could be for an above average to good #1 corner and allows the Steelers to focus the 2023 draft early rounds on OT, DT and OLB/Edge Rusher. The Steelers picks for next year will be:

* 1st Rd = Top 5 to 10 pick
* 2nd Rd = 2 picks around 40th overall
* 3rd Rd = Top 70 or so pick
* 4th Rd = Top 100
*** I believe the Steelers have all of their picks for 2023 except whatever they give to Washington for Jackson.
*** Last two Top 11 picks I recall the Steelers making are: 2004 11th overall Ben Roethlisberger and 1987 10th overall Rod Woodson

I would have loved if Trubisky had played up to this point and then go with Pickett the rest of the season. Didn't work out that way and fortunately Pickett hasn't been hurt and survived 2 games vs the #1 Bill and #2 Eagles in the league. Lets get two good weeks of practice and see what we have with Pickett the rest of the way. If Pickett can play and they do not believe we need to draft an other QB it allows the Steelers to perhaps trade the pick for multiple picks.

TJ Watt should be back in week 10 vs New Orleans! Love watching that guy play.

Last edited:
A lot going on at the trade deadline today regarding the Steelers who:
* Traded wr Chase Claypool to the Bears for the Bears 2nd rd pick in 2023
* Traded with Washington for cb William Jackson III who has 2 years left on his contract, 2023 @ $15.7 mil cap hit and 2024 @ $6 mil cap hit. Jackson and the Washington head coach had a falling out, Jackson wanted to be used in more man to man coverage packages vs playing mostly zone. Washington was going to cut Jackson & take a $9 mil cap hit unless they found a trade partner. Thus, Washington probably took on some of the contract and the Steelers probably on gave up a 6th or 7th rd pick.

Hate to see Claypool go but it makes sense to do the trade, that pick will be around the 40th pick in next years draft. The Jackson deal could be for an above average to good #1 corner and allows the Steelers to focus the 2023 draft early rounds on OT, DT and OLB/Edge Rusher. The Steelers picks for next year will be:

* 1st Rd = Top 5 to 10 pick
* 2nd Rd = 2 picks around 40th overall
* 3rd Rd = Top 70 or so pick
* 4th Rd = Top 100
*** I believe the Steelers have all of their picks for 2023 except whatever they give to Washington for Jackson.
*** Last two Top 11 picks I recall the Steelers making are: 2004 11th overall Ben Roethlisberger and 1987 10th overall Rod Woodson

I would have loved if Trubisky had played up to this point and then go with Pickett the rest of the season. Didn't work out that way and fortunately Pickett hasn't been hurt and survived 2 games vs the #1 Bill and #2 Eagles in the league. Lets get two good weeks of practice and see what we have with Pickett the rest of the way. If Pickett can play and they do not believe we need to draft an other QB it allows the Steelers to perhaps trade the pick for multiple picks.

TJ Watt should be back in week 10 vs New Orleans! Love watching that guy play.
They he plays if we are 2-7 (or 8) at that point? Believe he had something in his knee cleared up as well while being off and a health reason to hold him out is a good tanking method!

We need picks, and depth. Picking where we have since BR has really decimated the roster and makes the margin of error very slim.

Hate to do it, but it is time. Worst thing we can do is keep scratching out .500 records. Brady and Belicheck made extended success look so easy but in reality this is the NFL.

We could be set up for something special in the not so distant future. These guaranteed, and 50+ million $/year deals for QB's is in its infancy and I wholeheartedly I believe it will severly hamper a number of teams. If done correctly, the Stillers could be sitting prime in 3-5 years when some of these teams are extremely top heavy and we have a number of higher picks on rookie deals.

Of course, this all hinges on drafting and developing the right guys

The trade for Jackson is Pittsburgh sent a conditional sixth-rounder in 2025 to Washington for Jackson and a conditional seventh that year.

Another option at QB for next season if Pickett is not the answer…..free agency. There is a guy in Green Bay who may be a free agent after this season.

The trade for Jackson is Pittsburgh sent a conditional sixth-rounder in 2025 to Washington for Jackson and a conditional seventh that year.

Another option at QB for next season if Pickett is not the answer…..free agency. There is a guy in Green Bay who may be a free agent after this season.
Dude is a, and this is a shoutout to the ole Huddle days, a Pre-Madonna.
I think he, like TB12, are done. They need too much around them nowadays.

Embrace the suck, because it is here for a while.

This season is all about the Pickett and the development of the you players. I am cautiously optimistic about Pickett’s performance thru 6 games and vs the Saints this week.

The good: No turnovers, his awareness in the pocket was good & he stayed in the pocket/wasn’t bailing out with the hint of pressure and my favorite trait of his - he seems consistently cool under pressure/the moment doesn’t appear to be too big for him.

The bad: Just make the easy throw. The first play of the game the throw was way behind the wr. The back shoulder fade pass to Freiermuth in end zone was two yards off, got to make that throw.

Look no further than the Chicago Bears; Justin Fields looked like crap for 1.5 seasons and suddenly appears to be figuring it out. I by no means am saying Pickett has Fields upside/athleticism but the Steelers will need to be patient providing the Pickett curve is going upwards.

Saints game could be a fools gold, they were coming off a MNF game vs the Ravens and are a bit banged up. Plus, facing Andy ‘The Red Rifle’ Dalton isn’t a big task. Still, great to have Watt back.

Next 6 games the Steelers could easily go 0-6 but 5-1 isn’t out of the question. Colts, Atlanta, Carolina & Raiders are games the Steelers can win and split between Bengals & Ravens. Just saying there is a chance…..

Finally with this weeks win vs New Orleans, Steelers Mike Tomlin has now beat every NFL team not named the Steelers. I just wanted to get that stat out before Crusaders mentioned it.

This season is all about the Pickett and the development of the you players. I am cautiously optimistic about Pickett’s performance thru 6 games and vs the Saints this week.

The good: No turnovers, his awareness in the pocket was good & he stayed in the pocket/wasn’t bailing out with the hint of pressure and my favorite trait of his - he seems consistently cool under pressure/the moment doesn’t appear to be too big for him.

The bad: Just make the easy throw. The first play of the game the throw was way behind the wr. The back shoulder fade pass to Freiermuth in end zone was two yards off, got to make that throw.

Look no further than the Chicago Bears; Justin Fields looked like crap for 1.5 seasons and suddenly appears to be figuring it out. I by no means am saying Pickett has Fields upside/athleticism but the Steelers will need to be patient providing the Pickett curve is going upwards.

Saints game could be a fools gold, they were coming off a MNF game vs the Ravens and are a bit banged up. Plus, facing Andy ‘The Red Rifle’ Dalton isn’t a big task. Still, great to have Watt back.

Next 6 games the Steelers could easily go 0-6 but 5-1 isn’t out of the question. Colts, Atlanta, Carolina & Raiders are games the Steelers can win and split between Bengals & Ravens. Just saying there is a chance…..

Finally with this weeks win vs New Orleans, Steelers Mike Tomlin has now beat every NFL team not named the Steelers. I just wanted to get that stat out before Crusaders mentioned it.
He is 'figuring it out' because they are allowing/encouraging him to use his legs and run the ball. I think it is more about Da Bears playing to his strengths.

WE are gonna mess around lose out on some better picks!

Thavoice - I get what you are saying and if there was a Andrew Luck, Orlando Pace or all time great talent in coming out in next years draft - then yes the Steelers could be missing out on sometime. Reality is 1/2 of NFL first rd picks are bust. I believe a big reason they are bust is who drafts them.

Emmitt Smith was drafted 14th by the Cowboys w/ Jimmy Johnson as head coach, rest is history. Smith goes to the Falcons and he’s as memorable as OSU’s Carlos Snow. The Steelers took Big Ben at 11 and he’s a first ballot HOF’er. If Big Ben gets drafted at 6 by the Browns one couldn’t remember if Roethlisberger was the fat qb out of Miami, Oh or the Charlie Frye guy out of Akron.

Whomever the Steelers get, I believe the culture of the franchise puts that player in a very good position to succeed.

But I do agree, it’s way easier to find a great player drafting in the Top 10 than finding the TJ Watt’s of the world at 31.

Thavoice - I get what you are saying and if there was a Andrew Luck, Orlando Pace or all time great talent in coming out in next years draft - then yes the Steelers could be missing out on sometime. Reality is 1/2 of NFL first rd picks are bust. I believe a big reason they are bust is who drafts them.

Emmitt Smith was drafted 14th by the Cowboys w/ Jimmy Johnson as head coach, rest is history. Smith goes to the Falcons and he’s as memorable as OSU’s Carlos Snow. The Steelers took Big Ben at 11 and he’s a first ballot HOF’er. If Big Ben gets drafted at 6 by the Browns one couldn’t remember if Roethlisberger was the fat qb out of Miami, Oh or the Charlie Frye guy out of Akron.

Whomever the Steelers get, I believe the culture of the franchise puts that player in a very good position to succeed.

But I do agree, it’s way easier to find a great player drafting in the Top 10 than finding the TJ Watt’s of the world at 31.
dabbling around .500, like we have been and the absolute best this team could expect, will keep us wallowing in mediocracy.

I wanted the Steelers to hire Eberflus years ago. Guy is primarily in a defensive guy but seems to also know what needs to be done on offense. Rare coaching talent. Hopefully the Bears can feed him enough talent to win

All comes down to qb play. If you have a Top 10 qb, you feel like you have a shot. If not, the difference between 11 to 32 in so small.
I feel if PIckett wasnt a Pitt guy they never would have stretched with that pick.

Holding onto BR sorta hurt this franchise.

Think I am heading to the game this weekend and probably hitting up the browns game as well. Gotta make my annual trek now that we gave up season tix

It's good to be a part of thavoices possee....free club seats. Gostillets.

Attachments

• 16689783655861567362567008758466.jpg
    16689783655861567362567008758466.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 20
I think Pickett has shown some progression these last few games and most importantly he’s gone 8+ quarters without a turnover. Pickett has to make the easy plays - he overthrew Pickens by 10 yards. There was a hold on the Steelers so the play wouldn’t have counted but that is the type of play you don’t get too often in the NFL - gotta make them when they arise. I think Pickett could be a Cousins, Carr, Prescott caliber of qb - still another 7 games to evaluate him.

WR Pickens appears to be a stud, just have to keep his ego in check. The oline has played better the last two games but there is still a glaring weakness at both Tackles, especially Moore. Daniels has been a solid top 1/3 guard this year, Cole is a bit better than a middle of the pack center and Dotson is a average guard.

The Bears 2nd round pick should be about the 40th pick overall. Last year the 40th pick was Sea DE/OLB Brode Mafe, #41 was Sea RB Kenneth Walker. If the Steelers could hit with a player of that caliber the Claypool trade will be a great success.

I'd like to see them move DJ for more picks and possibly reunite Pickett with Addison in the draft. I also would try to pick up more picks by moving back if they end up with a top 10 pick. Go OL and DL heavy early, plus Addison. Try to grab CB help in FA.

I think Pickett has shown some progression these last few games and most importantly he’s gone 8+ quarters without a turnover. Pickett has to make the easy plays - he overthrew Pickens by 10 yards. There was a hold on the Steelers so the play wouldn’t have counted but that is the type of play you don’t get too often in the NFL - gotta make them when they arise. I think Pickett could be a Cousins, Carr, Prescott caliber of qb - still another 7 games to evaluate him.

WR Pickens appears to be a stud, just have to keep his ego in check. The oline has played better the last two games but there is still a glaring weakness at both Tackles, especially Moore. Daniels has been a solid top 1/3 guard this year, Cole is a bit better than a middle of the pack center and Dotson is a average guard.

The Bears 2nd round pick should be about the 40th pick overall. Last year the 40th pick was Sea DE/OLB Brode Mafe, #41 was Sea RB Kenneth Walker. If the Steelers could hit with a player of that caliber the Claypool trade will be a great success.
Or, y’all could suck for the next decade 🤷🏿