2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Read that in the PPG the other day.

Was the teammate benched as well? Maybe Trub said something that the coaches felt was beyond repair for the game. Dont know. Maybe he shoved the WR, punched him a la the Warriors punk, who knows.

This team needs to finish bad this year to start gettinghigher draft picks. Whomever the staff feels can get us a higher pick is the QB they should go with.

Thavoice - I disagree. Despite being 1 game out of 1st in the AFC North the Steelers need to find out if Pickett is the answer or not. If Pickett appears to be a qb who the Steelers can potentially win a Super Bowl with, it solves far more problems than a high draft pick. Draft picks are important but they can also be fools gold - look no farther than about 150 miles to the NW of Pittsburgh for proof.

Heck the Steelers best pick this past year appears to be a 2nd rounder that was the 52nd player picked.

Big game this a Sunday, it appears Pickett is trending to be the starter. He has some talent, let’s see what he can do.

Last edited:
Thavoice - I disagree. Despite being 1 game out of 1st in the AFC North the Steelers need to find out if Pickett is the answer or not. If Pickett appears to be a qb who the Steelers can potentially win a Super Bowl with, it solves far more problems than a high draft pick. Draft picks are important but they can also be fools good - look no farther than about 150 miles to the NW of Pittsburgh for proof.

Heck the Steelers best pick this past year appears to be a 2nd rounder that was the 52nd player picked.

Big game this a Sunday, it appears Pickett is trending to be the starter. He has some talent, let’s see what he can do.
This team isnt winning a SB with Pickett at QB this year.
No.
Way.

Best case scenario is get another .500-ish record and middle of the draft pick. This team is where it is because they just have not had the draft collateral and it is showing.

I doubt the confrontation was the reason Trubisky was benched. The decision was likely already made. Unless hands were being thrown I doubt a coach is going to make a decision off something like that

I doubt the confrontation was the reason Trubisky was benched. The decision was likely already made. Unless hands were being thrown I doubt a coach is going to make a decision off something like that
Good point (your first in months) MT probably had decided it already and the timing just made it appear a different way

Thavoice - I didn’t mean this year - I meant let’s see if Pickett has the potential to win one in the future.

If Pickett doesn’t look to be the answer, there are 4 to 5 college qb’s coming out this year projected as 1st rounders. Draft qb again, the Cardinals realized Rosen wasn’t the answer and the next year drafted Murray. In today’s game, if the qb position is right you have no shot at winning a SB

Thavoice - I didn’t mean this year - I meant let’s see if Pickett has the potential to win one in the future.

If Pickett doesn’t look to be the answer, there are 4 to 5 college qb’s coming out this year projected as 1st rounders. Draft qb again, the Cardinals realized Rosen wasn’t the answer and the next year drafted Murray. In today’s game, if the qb position is right you have no shot at winning a SBGood
Good copy.

Before the season i was ready to roll with Trubisky as I didnt think there was a QB in the draft that was our future.
I say roll with Pickett and see what he can do. If he is the future I think he will show some flashes of potential, but if he falls on his face then draft one next year if there is a guy worth it.

Regardless of qb, the Steelers have to get a LT - Moore is worse this year than last year as a rookie. Right side is ok with Daniels & Ok, Cole has been payed ok the last couple of games at center. Left side is a mess.

Regardless of qb, the Steelers have to get a LT - Moore is worse this year than last year as a rookie. Right side is ok with Daniels & Ok, Cole has been payed ok the last couple of games at center. Left side is a mess.
Ive said it before.......
Webster. Dawson. Hartings. Pouncey.

The OL was right, when they got a top notch center. Franchise has been blinded by the shiny object and forgot what made the offense click....a solid OL.

Crusader is in a roll today. I completely agree about trading Claypool if the price is right - ask for a 2 and take a 3rd?

Claypool’s rookie deal runs through the 2023 season, I believe he’s on the books for about $2.3 mil next year. This would allow the Steelers to give Pickens more PT and check out the 4th rounder Austin.

Brady being out of sync with his guys helped the defense; he may have had some guys back but being a timing QB, he needs reps with them to really “be “Brady”.

I don’t think Bowles is a great HC either so that certainly helped matters.

The coaching on the offensive side for the Steelers is particularly atrocious. It’s a real problem when you can’t generate a running game at all and the passing scheme can’t work anyone open for YAC. Their conservative nonsense has Pickett looking like dog crap out there and it took Mitch Trubisky playing with nothing to lose to shake it up.

I will give credit to the defense for not getting run over by Fournette. They’ve looked pretty rough against the run this year so that was nice to see. Bush deciding to not play like a complete bum certainly helped a bit

A win is a win but it’s not an excuse to get carried away or fall back to saying we have great coaching. We don’t. We have amongst the worst coaching in the league.
aaaaaaaah, the Tomlin hate. when we lose, it's usually the awful coaching. when we win, it's in spite of the coaching.

well done, as usual.

Tomlin is a tier below Mike McCarthy and only has job security because Art II is a bad owner. His coaching staff is most certainly amongst the worst in the league

this post alone is complete ignorance. it's hard to take anything you say objectively when you make statements like this.

it's getting old and it's just not true.

I can’t take anyone seriously who still rides Tomlin’s jock

not "riding his jock" but he deserves SOME credit when we win and also deserves criticism (but not ALL of it) when we lose.

there's a balance between it but you always seem to reside on the "he's terrible. he's the reason we lose. he had nothing to do with why we won." side of it.

that's what i see.

You can't give credit for wins to a guy who doesn't even really coach or scheme

this is where everything goes down hill on your opinion of Tomlin - you have ZERO clue what he does/doesn't do. you don't. for you to say this is total nonsense. any football fan with actual football knowledge would say the same thing.

Stop.

Tomlin is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league. Time management, adjustments, playcalling, he (and his staff) are bad.

Tomlin doesn't coach. He wouldn't even review film with Najee Harris. He's as Bradshaw said, a cheerleader, rah-rah guy. That's all he brings, other than meaningless soundbites for the media.

His teams fall apart when he loses even a single good player. And his sucktits rush to his defense and use these excuses to avoid confronting the reality that his entire "gameplan" is relying on individual talent to make plays. That's not coaching, that's not scheming.

He's embarrassed this franchise now for nearly a decade. Starting with the Tebow loss to losing at home in a shootout to Blake Bortles in 20 degree weather to getting absolutely destroyed in the playoffs by the Browns. His only playoff wins this decade are against low tier teams QB'd by AJ McCarron, Matt Moore, and Alex Smith - and even still he needed the Bengals to hand him the win. And all that with elite talent at his disposal.

His teams come out unprepared. They play down. They're not utilized to the best of their abilities.

That's not even getting into his poor coordinator choices and non-existent coaching tree.

He's a joke.

Now I'm done with this topic. He's a bad coach and that's the truth. You can continue to be ignorant and delusional about it. I don't care. But I'm done explaining reality to you people.

Stop.

Tomlin is one of the worst gameday coaches in the league. Time management, adjustments, playcalling, he (and his staff) are bad.

Tomlin doesn't coach. He wouldn't even review film with Najee Harris. He's as Bradshaw said, a cheerleader, rah-rah guy. That's all he brings, other than meaningless soundbites for the media.

His teams fall apart when he loses even a single good player. And his sucktits rush to his defense and use these excuses to avoid confronting the reality that his entire "gameplan" is relying on individual talent to make plays. That's not coaching, that's not scheming.

He's embarrassed this franchise now for nearly a decade. Starting with the Tebow loss to losing at home in a shootout to Blake Bortles in 20 degree weather to getting absolutely destroyed in the playoffs by the Browns. His only playoff wins this decade are against low tier teams QB'd by AJ McCarron, Matt Moore, and Alex Smith - and even still he needed the Bengals to hand him the win. And all that with elite talent at his disposal.

His teams come out unprepared. They play down. They're not utilized to the best of their abilities.

That's not even getting into his poor coordinator choices and non-existent coaching tree.

He's a joke.

Now I'm done with this topic. He's a bad coach and that's the truth. You can continue to be ignorant and delusional about it. I don't care. But I'm done explaining reality to you people.

I'll save this post for when he's giving his speech in Canton.

thank you.

Lol Yeah, he'll make the HOF on the shoulders of Ben Roethlisberger and Cowher's players and staff.

Last edited:
Lol Yeah, he'll make the HOF on the shoulders of Ben Roethlisberger and Cowher's players and staff.

same way Belichick will make it on the shoulders of Tom Brady.

he's 36-38 as the Pats head coach in games where Brady didn't start.

hmmmmm, interesting how that correlation works.

he's 71-79 as a head coach overall without Brady as his starting QB.

once again, very interesting. also, he's f$%&ing cheater.

coincidentally, Mike Tomlin's record without Ben as his starting QB is 20-19-1

Last edited:
Barking up the wrong tree there. I made the argument probably 10 years ago that Brady made Belichick.

At any rate, Belichick set the standard in Cleveland that eventually got the Ravens non-stop culture of competitiveness going. He still wins with dog trash rosters. His problem today is he's too much of a control freak to give the GM reigns back. He's just not good at drafting (and in recent years, FA spending).

Without Brady, he probably still goes to 3 or 4 Super Bowls, not 9.

Last edited:
Good loss last night. Needed that one. We dont need to be stealing and W's this season to secure some better picks so we can rebuild this roster.

Seeing a lot of people dog Kenny Pickett for last night. Sure he didn’t make the best decisions those last two INTs but he also made some really nice throws to get them in striking distance. I don’t know what the yinzers expect from a rookie QB in the worst offensive system in the league

I think Pickett shows some promise, he definitely has some potential. The things I disliked:
1) Hate taking the timeout early in the 2nd half, it would have been extremely helpful to have it fir that last drive
2) 2 players in motion on the 3 & short. That was a drive killer, felt like the Steelers had the momentum to go ahead & score there
3) Pickett could have run at least for the 1st down on the one int.

It was bumpy at times last night, no doubt about it. I thought the oline did a decent job pass blocking, it seems to have improved. WR Pickens can be a something special.

Crusader special because I know he’ll love this: Did you see the stat last night that Pittsburgh since 2016 is now 42-21-2 in games decided by 7 points or less. Yes, the offense has not been very good under Canada and that goes on Tomlin, he’s the HC. That record in close games is credit to having solid about in crunch time (Big Ben was good in the 4th even last year) and coaching has to be a part of it as well.

I think Pickett shows some promise, he definitely has some potential. The things I disliked:
1) Hate taking the timeout early in the 2nd half, it would have been extremely helpful to have it fir that last drive
2) 2 players in motion on the 3 & short. That was a drive killer, felt like the Steelers had the momentum to go ahead & score there

It was bumpy at times last night, no doubt about it. I thought the oline did a decent job pass blocking, it seems to have improved. WR Pickens can be a something special.

Crusader special because I know he’ll love this: Did you see the stat last night that Pittsburgh since 2016 is now 42-21-2 in games decided by 7 points or less. Yes, the offense has not been very good under Canada and that goes on Tomlin, he’s the HC. That record in close games is credit to having solid about in crunch time (Big Ben was good in the 4th even last year) and coaching has to be a part of it as well.
MT haters, such as Crusader, was my first thought when I saw that stat!

I generally dont put a lot of stock in the 'shows some promise' because pretty much any QB on an NFL roster can make some of the throws from time to time. Hell, that Panther QB did it and he was a 7th round pick.
While I havent put him on the trash heap yet, I dont believe the QB who will take us to the next SB (if we ever make it back) is on the roster, or even in the league, at this point.

What’s the point of that? Lol the only way you can be critical of a guy is if every metric is against him? Small brain shyte

Donr forget, after that motion penalty we received a holding call when it wouldve been 4th and 2