2023 Pittsburgh Steelers

Let’s wait until a few preseason games are played before any conclusions are drawn regarding the QB. The staff will give the nod to whomever they feel gives the Steelers the best chance to win. If it’s Rudolph for now so be it.

Obviously so. It would be a shock to see them go with the QB who gives them the secondmost chance to win.

However, I think Rudolph will have to claw his way into the starting position. The team would likely prefer their new FA or first round pick come out on top.

Obviously so. It would be a shock to see them go with the QB who gives them the secondmost chance to win.

However, I think Rudolph will have to claw his way into the starting position. The team would likely prefer their new FA or first round pick come out on top.
Rudolf isnt winning the job.
They will do their best to showcase him and talk him up so they can unload him to a team who needs a backup likely from an injuryl

Wouldn't surprise me if Pickens is WR1 before the end of the season. Dude is a beast

Spotlight is obviously on the QBs. Hard to take away much from the first few days of camp but it is disappointing that Trubisky and Pickett have looked rough
Pickens is that dude. IMO if he did not tear his ACL he likely goes before Williams, possibly Olave.

Rudolf isnt winning the job.
They will do their best to showcase him and talk him up so they can unload him to a team who needs a backup likely from an injuryl

There’s probably an element of that but the stats are in his favor by a fair margin so far.

If this continues this week and Trubisky looks bad on Saturday, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mason gets the start next weekend.

Rudolph is a average to above average NFL backup. He has no pressure on himself other than keeping his job/making the roster. Plus, they are not hitting qb. When it becomes a true game, I think the mobility of Trubisky & Pickett will help their cause.

Little to no depth at OLB and are the OT’s better - those are the two major concerns. Excited for the season.

I gotta feeling this is Bush's last year as a Steeler. If he repeats his 2021 season he will be released. If he has a good year he will follow the money. Kinda in the Bud Dupree zone

I gotta feeling this is Bush's last year as a Steeler. If he repeats his 2021 season he will be released. If he has a good year he will follow the money. Kinda in the Bud Dupree zone
Pretty certain it is his last year.
If he doesnt put out this year he may be out of the league next season. If you cannot succeed as a LB in the steelers system I dont know where ya will succeed.

Pickens is going to be really good.
Just think of a regular season game with Claypool and Dionte to go along with Pickens. Throw in Muth and Najee. We can finally throw the ball past 10 yards. We're not gonna be the number 1 offense, but will be a HUGE improvement over that crap last year.
RBs ran angry. Everybody fighting for roster spots. Where was Snell?

Snell was held out. Warren has been a camp surprise and McFarland took advantage of his opportunity vs Seattle. Looking like the 3 rb’s will be Harris, McFarland & Warren with Snell & Teague off the roster.

Forget the rb’s, the line continues to need to improve. They have to control the line of scrimmage so the Steelers can get a running game going and make it easier for whomever the qb will be.

Good showing vs the Seahawks and hopefully no injuries.

Got to love the early reviews of Kenny Pickett, George Pickens and the undrafted free agent rb Jaylen Warren. Pickett has performed as good as anyone could have wished/hoped for. Still a long ways to go and let’s see how he performs once adversity hits. Actually all 3 qb’s have played well but the oline is looking rough. Still like starting Trubusky to start the season. If things go bad or if the Steelers are out of the playoff chase at the bye them start Pickett in week 10. I like giving the rookie qb another month or two during the season to get their feet wet and better understand the playbook.

I definitely do not want to get the cart before the horse but if the 2022 draft had a redo tomorrow….Pickett & Pickens would both be Top 10.

I definitely do not want to get the cart before the horse but if the 2022 draft had a redo tomorrow….Pickett & Pickens would both be Top 10.

Wait until the regular season starts, preseason means little.
Jags/Steelers
Pickens was in for 17 snaps, ran 17 routes, was targeted once, 0 catches
Pickett was impressive; especially with the poor line play.
It still not the regular season.

Actually Pickens had 2 catches against Jacksonville.
I still like the upside of Johnson, Pickens and Claypool at the WR. Add Muth and Najee with the needed escapability of the QB and we potentially have a functioning offense. Curious to see what Austin will bring
I wasn't familiar with the DB Kazee until yesterday. Seems as if he was all over the field. Could be a nice pick up

Steeler QBs.png

All the QB's looked good in the preseason. Its Mitchell starting out of the gate I guess. He does have some weapons to work with.

With the apparent state of the OL we're likely to see Pickett or Rudolph before too long
I just don't know. The line is better than last year and we have more mobile QB's. I don't think the line has to be great this year (and they won't be) for the team to be better offensively. Play action and moving the pocket around may actually work this year.

All the QB's seem to be finding and hitting guys and allowing them to run. I think Johnson is un-coverable. Skill positions are def not an issue for the Steelers.

I’m intrigued to see Trubisky get his second chance after a year of tutelage under Brian Daboll and Ken Dorsey, and as far removed as possible from the awfulness of Matt Nagy. I think he might do pretty well.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …