2022 Movie Rankings

PantherProud

Without further adieu, my annual "Favorite Movies of the year" rankings, complete with Vamp's scoring system to see how accurate I'm ranking movies.

1673278088558.png

man, you watch a lot of movies!!!!

haha yes I do. A combination of loving movies and being work from home and hating silence.

I always have something going on in the background while working, though not typically something I’ve never seen before. I typically go through about 20 movies a week.

I’ll admit I made more of an effort to watch new stuff this year, and frankly there’s more new stuff coming out than ever before thanks to streaming services. I think this list is roughly 20 movies longer than my 2021 list.

I’ll admit I made more of an effort to watch new stuff this year, and frankly there’s more new stuff coming out than ever before thanks to streaming services. I think this list is roughly 20 movies longer than my 2021 list.
I thought I recalled you watched All Quiet on the Western Front? I don't see it on your list. Maybe it was someone I get you confused with.

Watched
Top Gun Maverick
Prey
Elvis
Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Not on list
The Adam Project

Started but didn't finish
Jurassic Park: Dominion
The Batman
Thor: Love and Thunder
A Christmas Story Christmas
Black Adam
All Quiet on the Western Front
The Kings Man
The Munsters

Last edited:
I thought I recalled you watched All Quiet on the Western Front? I don't see it on your list. Maybe it was someone I get you confused with.

Watched
Top Gun Maverick
Prey
Elvis
Doctor Strange: In the Multiverse
Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Not on list
The Adam Project

Started but didn't finish
Jurassic Park: Dominion
The Batman
Thor: Love and Thunder
A Christmas Story Christmas
Black Adam
The Kings Man
The Munsters

I started All Quiet, decided I wasn’t in a war mood, and just never remembered to get back to it.

Everything Everywhere All At Once
GDT's Pinocchio
Barbarian
Tár
Aftersun
Bones And All
Terrifier 2
The Banshees of Inisherin

I don't know some of those, but I'm guessing you're a horror fan? I know Barbarian is horror, and I'm guessing Bones and All and Terrifier 2 are.

I’ve seen very few of these..I’ll have to catch Bullet Train I think I saw it on one of the streaming sites. I saw Knives Out a few weeks ago it was ok. Top Gun? One of the few I’ve seen on the big screen wasn’t that impressed, I’d give it a 5.5. I prefer movies with real people acting so I’m not interested in Avatar and the like. I thought All Quiet in the Western Front was a 7.

Last edited:
Just saw that 3 of my top 5 are up for Best Picture for a Drama at the Golden Globes tonight.

Guess I’m doing something right, then again it’s the Golden Globes, Lol.

I cannot get IMDB to sort my ratings by years so I can only give my horror or horror like movies for 2022.

(scale out of 8 of course)

Scream 5 2022 6.0
Barbarian 2022 5.0
Christmas Bloody Christmas 2022 5.0
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 2022 5.0
Hocus Pocus 2 2022 5.0
Moloch 2022 5.0
Twin The 2022 5.0
Cellar The 2022 4.5
Jurassic Park 6: Jurassic World Dominion 2022 4.5
Nope 2022 4.5
They/Them 2022 4.5
Watcher 2022 4.5
Deadstream 2022 4.0
Immanence 2022 4.0
Long Night The (The Covern) 2022 4.0
Reef 2 The Stalked 2022 4.0
They Live in the Grey 2022 4.0
Werewolf by Night 2022 4.0
Curse of La Patasola The 2022 3.5
Studio 666 2022 3.5
Slash/Back 2022 3.0
Allegoria 2022 2.5
Halloween 11 Halloween Ends 2022 2.5

I still need to see Tar and Fabelmans. Multiverse movies leave me cold, so, I probably will not watch Everything. Of the films I have seen I rate Babylon, Elvis and Banshees of Inisherin about equally.

Maverick was very entertaining, but, derivative. The YouTube contrasting it to Star Wars speaks for itself. It is simply not top tier. I also have no interest in Avatar. I liked All Quite, but, I guess I preferred the original and that worked against it. I am disappointed that Babylon was not nominated.

Last edited:
None of the them are striking me as in danger of being all-timers or even rewatch material, though I've a couple to go yet. They may be too far out of my cup of tea anyhow.

Elvis is my biggest disappointment because I enjoyed it but Parker is too cringy, I don't need to see that again.

Everything Everywhere All At Once
The Banshees of Inisherin
Triangle of Sadness
The Fabelmans
Tár

Haven't seen the others, but that's how I would rank the ones I've seen