2022 Mid-State League

Gotta call out performances like that! Thanks for the update on Big Mike’s line that game.

Baseball is the best HS sport there is. It’s also the most entertaining sport within the Cardinal. It’s a gift to watch every spring. One could argue this was the most competitive the league had been within conference play.
Respectful disagree. Just because Fisher went 500 in league play doesn’t mean the league was good. Look at the postseason. It’s okay to admit they were down. It happens!

Respectful disagree. Just because Fisher went 500 in league play doesn’t mean the league was good. Look at the postseason. It’s okay to admit they were down. It happens!
The teams across the league were better than in previous years. No room for inconsistent play or shaky pitching this year!

The teams across the league were better than in previous years. No room for inconsistent play or shaky pitching this year!
The inconsistency and the lack of offense was not because teams are better. A decade with no middle school program, the enrollment cut in half and strings of shoddy administrations finally came around to hurt them. That’s it.

For the first time ever, Fisher wasn’t a good team. It happens! You normally call it like it is but you’re in denial on this one. They will be better next year. They only lose two guys. The seniors they bring back next season are really good and everyone younger than them now knows what HS baseball is.

FC as a baseball tradition is the gold standard in the Cardinal. As a program they’re handcuffed by a decade of school dysfunction at WvFC and St Mary. As a team in 21 they were the best that will ever come out of this division. As a team in 22 they were just too young. Wake up. It happens with today’s FC.

Congrats to FCA on winning their first district title in program history (program started varsity play in 2008?)

Welcome to the district title club, Knights.

FCA 7
East Knox 5

The Knights will go to Cincinnati Princeton next Thursday to take on Ft. Loramie.

Jacob Miller strikes out 15, including fanning the side in the seventh, to help lead Liberty Union to a 2-1 regional semifinal win over Ridgewood. Lions take on Fairland tomorrow in the friendly confines of Beavers Field with a trip to the Final Four on the line. Good luck to the Lions.

Congratulations to Liberty Union on punching its ticket to the Division III state Final Four with a 3-1 win over Fairland on Friday. Good luck to the Lions next weekend in Akron.

OHSBCA all-state teams came out

from the Cardinal...

First Team
Tyler Hall, C -- Millersport
Matt Keener, OF -- FCA

Second Team
Andrew Keener, INF -- FCA
Sammy Amnah, OF -- BU
Michael Levacy, P -- Millersport
Weston Hartman, C -- Rosecrans

Congrats to Dylan Winkler for being named MVP of the 30th annual Post 11 Classic! He is the first Cardinal alum/player to win the honor in tournament history.

The Dock, question for you. What Mid State teams don't have a JV baseball team? And which schools have three teams, either JVB or Frosh?

Thanks, I figured you could answer this.

The Dock, question for you. What Mid State teams don't have a JV baseball team? And which schools have three teams, either JVB or Frosh?

Thanks, I figured you could answer this.
The ones that do not have JV teams are…

Buckeye
none (they all have JV teams)

Cardinal
GCC
FCA
Fisher
Harvest Prep
Miller
Millersport
Rosecrans

Ohio
Wellington
…and I think that’s it?

//

Berne Union (Cardinal) and Grandview Heights (Ohio) I’m pretty sure have JV teams, but I don’t know how complete their schedules end up being.

as for three teams… I believe it’s just Bloom-Carroll and Teays Valley

The ones that do not have JV teams are…

Buckeye
none (they all have JV teams)

Cardinal
GCC
FCA
Fisher
Harvest Prep
Miller
Millersport
Rosecrans

Ohio
Wellington
…and I think that’s it?

//

Berne Union (Cardinal) and Grandview Heights (Ohio) I’m pretty sure have JV teams, but I don’t know how complete their schedules end up being.

as for three teams… I believe it’s just Bloom-Carroll and Teays Valley

Great info The Dock. You are truly the Mid State League info guy. Thanks