2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

Campbell has improved from last year. Could win 4 to 5 games this year. As long as they are disciplined. Coach King has done a good job gaining their respect. Leetonia has a nice RB who finds the hole quick. A nice DE who goes 6'3'...260bs. whose father played at Chaney. I see Leetonia winning the same number as Campbell while they are rebuilding their program. They are a young team. Both teams put on a nice effort.
Any word on the Campbell Lisbon scrimmage?

McDonald-Newton Falls ended up 7-7. NF scored on a long pass that got them inside the 5. McDonald’s first drive barely got any yards, the 2nd drive they had some different/younger kids in and had a long td drive. By my count there was 3 freshman on varsity. The McDonald JV manhandled NF and I wouldn’t be surprised if more of those soph/fresh on JV are on varsity soon, some very talented youngsters

Last edited:
I felt bad watching East Palestine/Mathews scrimmage Friday night. What has happened to the EP football program? I know "Bulldog 1974" would know. They made Mathews look like a State Contender. Nothing against Mathews, which has a decent squad; but, EP kids look like a Junior High team lining up with Mathews. Unfortunately, they did not get a first down in the 2 quarters they played. And they open up against Malvern... OUCH! I see them having a difficult time finding a victory this upcoming season. Hopefully Coach Dempster will be able to find a solution to make them competitive. the Final Score of this game was:
Mathews 35
East Palestine 0

Last edited:
I felt bad watching East Palestine/Mathews scrimmage Friday night. What has happened to the EP football program? I know "Bulldog 1974" would know. They made Mathews look like a State Contender. Nothing against Mathews, which has a decent squad; but, EP kids look like a Junior High team lining up with Mathews. Unfortunately, they did not get a first down in the 2 quarters they played. And they open up against Malvern... OUCH! I see them having a difficult time finding a victory this upcoming season. Hopefully Coach Dempster will be able to find a solution to make them competitive. the Final Score of this game was:
Mathews 35
East Palestine 0
Yikes

Mathews 35
East Palestine 0
Did they use a running clock in the scrimmage? ? ? :rolleyes: