2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

3/1 big red from what I heard
I seen that, but someone else said both teams were very physical. Also said there was a lot of rain during the scrimmage. But have not heard much more. But at least from the surface, it doesn't sound like Girard got manhandled anyway. Waiting to hear a little more though

I seen that, but someone else said both teams were very physical. Also said there was a lot of rain during the scrimmage. But have not heard much more. But at least from the surface, it doesn't sound like Girard got manhandled anyway. Waiting to hear a little more though
Great news for Girard. Back when Struthers would scrimmage them we actually did the same. Those teams were usually playoff teams.

Struthers vs West Branch was a very good scrimmage. Impressed by both teams.

Deshields was very accurate and Dukes is a threat every time he has the ball in his hands.

What’s your thoughts on the Cats’ OL? And overall team physicality?

Struthers vs West Branch was a very good scrimmage. Impressed by both teams.

Deshields was very accurate and Dukes is a threat every time he has the ball in his hands.
I absolutely agree, short passing game for west branch was very good, they didn’t run the ball well tho.

Struthers moved the ball and had some really big chunk plays, Carter and braham played really well at RB

Dukes is showing he’s as good as advertised, in the open field it’s gonna take a team effort to stop him. The backup did well for both teams as well at QB.

overall I think both teams have a chance to be good, im a lot happier with what I seen from Struthers then I thought, NE8 is going to be a fun year

Hard to tell due to what both teams ran offensively.

But, their online and Dline was better than what I expected. I liked #53 for the Cats. The coaches have done a good job over at Struthers getting them ready.
Sakara… G/DT? Hes a Junior. Started both sides last year, too.

I absolutely agree, short passing game for west branch was very good, they didn’t run the ball well tho.

Struthers moved the ball and had some really big chunk plays, Carter and braham played really well at RB

Dukes is showing he’s as good as advertised, in the open field it’s gonna take a team effort to stop him. The backup did well for both teams as well at QB.

overall I think both teams have a chance to be good, im a lot happier with what I seen from Struthers then I thought, NE8 is going to be a fun year
When I was watching one of the local channels doing the Struthers preview, the coach didn't even mention their QB Dukes. Maybe he is trying to keep him a secret. Lol

When I was watching one of the local channels doing the Struthers preview, the coach didn't even mention their QB Dukes. Maybe he is trying to keep him a secret. Lol
He’s a very young kid obviously you don’t want to Highlight a sophomore over some seniors that have been there. Obviously everybody knows that the Dukes kid is going to be the man in Struthers for the next couple of years provided he doesn’t leave.

He’s a very young kid obviously you don’t want to Highlight a sophomore over some seniors that have been there. Obviously everybody knows that the Dukes kid is going to be the man in Struthers for the next couple of years provided he doesn’t leave.
I haven't seen him play, or know much about him. Only what you guys been saying on here. Sounds like my type of player to watch though.

He played quarterback in middle school and a little bit last season varsity I don’t know if he played a lot of JV I don’t think so

Seemed like they initially wanted him to play RB last year? At least early on. Moved back to QB later in the season.
I think he played JV the first Half of last year and Varsity the second half. .. on defense.

Last edited:
Seemed like they initially wanted him to play RB last year? At least early on. Moved back to QB later in the season.
I think he played JV the first Half of last year and Varsity the second half. .. on defense.
He was never going to be a RB, there’s been a plan in place for him since he came back. Before he knew the playbook he was getting reps at RB

Mooney has a ton of kids but aren't very good at all. Look very young.

Niles is marginally better. Gardener got hurt on first play and was on crutches after. They are running a 3-4 D and do not have the personnel for it. Run defense is bad.

Brookfield looks like they should be all world and talks like it but they are not as good as they think they are. Not nearly as good as I assumed they would be. Not very physical and were gassed after a couple of series. Their pass blocking is very suspect. Physical teams like Ursuline and Garfield will beat them.

Mooney will win 2-3 games in my estimation.
Niles 4-5
Brookfield will have 2-3 losses in reg season but wont have a shot against Moggy or Kirtland in the region.
Was just able to watch some of this scrimmage, the jones kid from Brookfield is the real deal, gashed Niles up the middle for a score and hit Mooney for a score over the top. I was surprised by watching it that Mooney was clearly the third best team at the scrimmage