2022 Mahoning Valley Scrimmage Schedule

Raider#23

I was able to put together a short list of scrimmages for some of the small schools in the area, but what are some other scrimmages going on these next two weeks for Mahoning Valley schools?

WEEK #1
8/5
Southern at Carrollton 10:00AM
Campbell at Leetonia 10:00AM
Valley Christian at East 5:00PM
Salem at Canfield 6:00PM
Lowellville at LaBrae 6:00PM
Champion at McDonald 7:00PM
Midnight Madness - Jackson-Milton 9:00PM

8/6
Columbiana at Indian Creek 10:00AM
Lisbon at Crestview 10:00AM
Mogadore at South Range 10:00AM
Liberty at Springfield 10:00AM
Western Reserve at North (Akron) 10:00AM
Mathews at Mineral Ridge 11:00AM
Wellsville at Orange 11:00AM
East Palestine at Waterloo 11:00AM

WEEK #2
8/11
Columbiana at Jackson-Milton 6:00PM
Wellsville at Harrison Central 6:00PM
Crestview at East Liverpool 6:00PM
Lowellville at Leetonia 6:00PM
Cardinal at Western Reserve 6:00PM
Valley Christian at Mineral Ridge 6:00PM
Springfield at Salem 7:00PM

8/12
Mathews at East Palestine 6:00PM
Lisbon at Campbell 6:00PM
Cadwell at Southern 6:00PM
Newton Falls at McDonald 7:00PM
Sebring at Windham 7:00PM
West Branch at South Range 7:00PM

Ursuline @ Glenoak - 8/11 @ 5:00 or 6:00 pm
Poland vs Buchtel- Not sure of date or time
Poland @ Kirtland - Not sure of date or time
Hubbard vs Chaney- 8/5 - 5:00 PM
Hubbard @ Brookfield- 8/11- 5:00 PM?
Girard @ Steubenville -8/6 @ 10:00 am
Niles vs Brookfield vs Mooney - 8/6- 10:00 am? At Niles?

8/5 at 11:00am... Clev. Heights, Euclid, Canton McKinley @Warren Harding.

8/12 at 10:00am...Solon @ Warren Harding

Ursuline @ Glenoak - 8/11 @ 5:00 or 6:00 pm
Poland vs Buchtel- Not sure of date or time
Poland @ Kirtland - Not sure of date or time
Hubbard vs Chaney- 8/5 - 5:00 PM
Hubbard @ Brookfield- 8/11- 5:00 PM?
Girard @ Steubenville -8/6 @ 10:00 am
Niles vs Brookfield vs Mooney - 8/6- 10:00 am? At Niles?
Brookfield, Mooney @ Niles 8/5 - 10:00 am (yes friday @ 10am)
Hubbard @ Brookfield 8/11 - varsity @ 7:00pm (JV before)

3rd straight year of it. Surprisingly it's been relatively clean in the first 2
I think at their passing scrimmage last year there was some fighting but not at the full contact one. Good scrimmage for both teams. I am sure that both coaches will keep an eye on what transpires. You don't want anything stupid to happen before the regular season. Especially for Brookfield with such a huge week 1 game.

So weird Brookfield and Hubbard are scrimmaging. I expect a fight. Nothing less.
I don't expect a fight, Brookfield is not Hubbard's rivel, hasn't been for decades, I can't actually remember the last they played during the regular season. There's no animosity on Hubbard's side towards Brookfield, I can't speak for Brookfield, but I would guess it would be the same.

Hubbard really doesn't have a true rivel.

I don't expect a fight, Brookfield is not Hubbard's rivel, hasn't been for decades, I can't actually remember the last they played during the regular season. There's no animosity on Hubbard's side towards Brookfield, I can't speak for Brookfield, but I would guess it would be the same.

Hubbard vs Girard was intense there for a few years

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Brookfield definitely considers that a rival still to this day. The last time they played was like in 2013 I believe.

2013 was the last time Brookfield and Hubbard played. I would say for the older generation Brookfield and Hubbard will always be rivals but this generation and the last decade of players it isn't a rivalry. For this new generation I would say Brookfield's rival is LaBrae and Springfield, but more of LaBrae

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Brookfield definitely considers that a rival still to this day. The last time they played was like in 2013 I believe.
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't both teams have to "play each other to become a rivalry"? I doubt if any Hubbard fan thinks about Brookfield during the football season and I would guess the same is true with Brookfield fans about Hubbard.

2013 Hubbard 12 - 1 Brookfield 8 - 3

Hubbard 54
Brookfield 9

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't both teams have to "play each other to become a rivalry"? I doubt if any Hubbard fan thinks about Brookfield during the football season and I would guess the same is true with Brookfield fans about Hubbard.

Hubbard 54
Brookfield 9
Like I said above I think for the older generation in both towns it will always be a rivalry but for the new generation it is not

Hubbard 54
Brookfield 9
Hubbard was very good that year and Brookfield benefitted by playing a weak schedule. The year prior in 2012 was Brookfield’s year.

A
Brookfield is going to be really good this year. That will be a tough scrimmage for Hubbard.
I like it when teams schedule good scrimmage. Love the Girard vs Big Red, Moggy Vs Range, Struthers vs West Branch, Struthers vs JFK, Salem vs Canfield, Hubbard vs Chaney, Hubbard vs Brookfield. I think that you will get to see good competition vs another teams 1's while trying to develop some depth.

Good luck to all the teams this year! Hard clean football with no injuries!

A

I like it when teams schedule good scrimmage. Love the Girard vs Big Red, Moggy Vs Range, Struthers vs West Branch, Struthers vs JFK, Salem vs Canfield, Hubbard vs Chaney, Hubbard vs Brookfield. I think that you will get to see good competition vs another teams 1's while trying to develop some depth.

Good luck to all the teams this year! Hard clean football with no injuries!
You mentioned Mogadore and South Range...the Raiders turn around and scrimmage West Branch the next week. Raiders playing top opponents both in the pre-season and during the regular season.