2022 LAKE CATHOLIC FOOTBALL

If you get down to the garage sale at 306 and Bellflower then you can pick-up a dictionary. Inside of this mysterious scribe you will find the meaning of merger. Apuni pipeto law'va.
You know plenty about mergers given you merged with an all girl school and watched both parts of the school dwindle in enrollment. You also know that the diocese is likely to merge CCC and VASJ in the next ten years.

So back to football and not children’s hour, what is the outlook for the Cougars?
They'll be young. Have to find a QB - I believe it's a 2 guy battle right now. They have had two good classes in a row come in though.. 1-2 years away from truly competing in their region IMO.

Anyone want to confirm the Erie game is at the high school?

Both arbiter and Erie's schedule have the game at the school. A Saturday afternoon game. While the rest of the LC schedule is at Osborne as usual.

As for Erie themselves, they're in the top ten largest schools in the state of PA. They'll have some athletes and can give a team fits usually. But when they face a well coordinated team can come undone.

Both arbiter and Erie's schedule have the game at the school. A Saturday afternoon game. While the rest of the LC schedule is at Osborne as usual.

As for Erie themselves, they're in the top ten largest schools in the state of PA. They'll have some athletes and can give a team fits usually. But when they face a well coordinated team can come undone.
The game is on Saturday, September 10th at Lake Catholic. 1:00 kickoff

The game is on Saturday, September 10th at Lake Catholic. 1:00 kickoff
I’ve heard there is a push to bring in lights and add seating for this to be a permanent deal. A 2,000-3,000 seat stadium is not out of the possibilities where the current field sits. Neighbors are an issue though and having unlimited access to Osborne Stadium at Mentor is another factor as they have right of use anytime Mentor isn’t using it.

LC has done this a few times now. They have one game on campus when they don't anticipate a large crowd. They did it when they played CCC and it was scheduled to happen when they played St Francis from NY (covid cancel).

I’ve heard there is a push to bring in lights and add seating for this to be a permanent deal. A 2,000-3,000 seat stadium is not out of the possibilities where the current field sits. Neighbors are an issue though and having unlimited access to Osborne Stadium at Mentor is another factor as they have right of use anytime Mentor isn’t using it.
This has been a rumor thrown around for 10+ years. I think most would be in favor - but I doubt it happens anytime soon.

LC has done this a few times now. They have one game on campus when they don't anticipate a large crowd. They did it when they played CCC and it was scheduled to happen when they played St Francis from NY (covid cancel).
Yeah, unfortunately Erie might bring a couple hundred at most.

Whoever told you there is a possibility of building a stadium on school property has never driven down Bellflower road. There is no parking other than the high school lot and the St. John Vianney church lot (SJV would not let that happen). High school lot capacity is prob. 200 cars. Another obstacle is the proximity to the nearby residents, who would be at city council meetings pitching a fit. Lastly, who would pick up the tab? Not a public school so support via tax dollars not possible.

Scrimmage at West G tomorrow morning. Hopefully we get some clarity at the QB position. Heard that two freshman are in the mix to potentially start on the offensive and defensive line. Playing against a different team should help sort some of that out.

Scrimmage at West G tomorrow morning. Hopefully we get some clarity at the QB position. Heard that two freshman are in the mix to potentially start on the offensive and defensive line. Playing against a different team should help sort some
Whoever told you there is a possibility of building a stadium on school property has never driven down Bellflower road. There is no parking other than the high school lot and the St. John Vianney church lot (SJV would not let that happen). High school lot capacity is prob. 200 cars. Another obstacle is the proximity to the nearby residents, who would be at city council meetings pitching a fit. Lastly, who would pick up the tab? Not a public school so support via tax dollars not possible.
Bellflower parking lot and side baseball field parking could be used. As for financing, plenty of influential wealthy donors, alumni. Neighbors?? I stated already that is an issue. Maybe Saturday afternoon games only?? Really no reason to do it though as they have access to Osborne Stadium now.
The administration Is focusing on academics and the development of the creative lab. This and the business community internships and entrepreneur programs really provide Lake Catholic students a unique set of opportunities that no other east side Catholic high school can match. Within five years the enrollment will surge. Exciting days ahead!!!!

Last edited:
Orchard Hollow parking lot and side baseball field parking could be used. As for financing, plenty of influential wealthy donors, alumni. Neighbors?? I stated already that is an issue. Maybe Saturday afternoon games only?? Really no reason to do it though as they have access to Osborne Stadium now.
The administration Is focusing on academics and the development of the creative lab. This and the business community internships and entrepreneur programs really provide Lake Catholic students a unique set of opportunities that no other east side Catholic high school can match. Within five years the enrollment will surge. Exciting days ahead!!!!
With all of the land in front of the school, you could add parking there or move baseball and softball there. I agree that there is no reason to do this at this time.

Went to the scrimmage against West G on Saturday. Didn't do game situation - 10 plays O then 10 plays D for a few series. Overall I was impressed with Lake. Offensive line was very physical even with two freshman getting the majority of the snaps. Defense flew around and gang tackled (don't think West G got passed the 50). Lake didn't throw a whole lot so hard to judge the QB play. They made a point to run the ball as much as they could.

No disrespect but West G isn't winning a title anytime soon. Still a good outing by the cougars. Medina Highland scrimmage this week will be a good measuring stick before week 1 against Dover.

Went to the scrimmage against West G on Saturday. Didn't do game situation - 10 plays O then 10 plays D for a few series. Overall I was impressed with Lake. Offensive line was very physical even with two freshman getting the majority of the snaps. Defense flew around and gang tackled (don't think West G got passed the 50). Lake didn't throw a whole lot so hard to judge the QB play. They made a point to run the ball as much as they could.

No disrespect but West G isn't winning a title anytime soon. Still a good outing by the cougars. Medina Highland scrimmage this week will be a good measuring stick before week 1 against Dover.
LC will be very good in 2 years. These last 2 classes have a ton of talent. With Marty L. now at DC, it should be a fun couple seasons coming up. This season might be rough, but there will be a lot of young kids on the field all season long this year.

Highland will be a much stiffer test and more organized so should know much more after Friday.

Dover fan here, what is the seating capacity for the visitor side? Dover has always traveled well but that will be tested with this long trip and it being a Saturday game. Looking forward to what should be a good game.

LC will be very good in 2 years. These last 2 classes have a ton of talent. With Marty L. now at DC, it should be a fun couple seasons coming up. This season might be rough, but there will be a lot of young kids on the field all season long this year.

Highland will be a much stiffer test and more organized so should know much more after Friday.
Did not know Marty L was now DC. Any other staff turnover?

Dover fan here, what is the seating capacity for the visitor side? Dover has always traveled well but that will be tested with this long trip and it being a Saturday game. Looking forward to what should be a good game.
Lake Catholic plays their home games at the Mentor high school stadium, Jerome T Osborne Stadium. The stadium has a seating capacity of almost 8,000. While the home side is very large, I believe the visitor side can easily hold a couple thousand people.