2022 Freedom Bowl HSFB Event in Canton on Sep 26/27!!

General admission tickets are $15 and $20 for either day, or $25 and $30 for the both days, plus Ticketmaster fees.

Last edited:
How does an event like this held in Stark county only manage to get one local team and that’s against some Canadian Tomato can ?

Who is paying travel costs for all these teams?

I’m not sure they are going to sell more than a few thousand tickets for this event.

The USFL playoffs coming up this weekend must not be selling any tickets and that includes a Trace Adkins concert between two games. I just got an email from the HOF saying ticket prices have been slashed in half from $15 to $7.50.

Will proceeds from the event benefit wounded service men, women and their families?
OK, no reply. So I'll try to answer my own question. According to the press release from the Hall of Fame Village linked above, the Freedom Bowl raises awareness for veterans and "proceeds benefit wounded warriors and their military families." So the next question is... which veterans organization will the money go to?

Last edited:

The USFL playoffs coming up this weekend must not be selling any tickets and that includes a Trace Adkins concert between two games. I just got an email from the HOF saying ticket prices have been slashed in half from $15 to $7.50.
Did they give you a code for a discount for half price tickets? Online at the USFL official site, they are still $15 each for general admission.

Unless teams are paying their own travel costs this event is going to lose money.

Perhaps the promoter can share some insight?

Not sure why so many hoping this fails but I'm glad I don't think that way.
Not hoping it fails, but the promoter can't get the dates right, the Freedom Bowl can't get the school names right, and the HoF Village can't get the school names or the Ticketmaster link right, and the two web sites show different schedules. One of them must be wrong. Looks like somebody's asleep at the switch again like last year.

Last edited:
He is criticizing Ohio high schools about scheduling Canadian teams. Maybe he should get his facts straight. The MW varsity is not playing a Canadian team this season. The Tiger JV‘s are playing RICC Canada in the 9th week. In addition, his Freedom Bowl Classic (2nd week) at Benson Stadium includes Massillon Perry playing Clarkson North from Canada.??‍♂️

After the humiliation of the Bishop Sycamore debacle, he created his own forum a few months ago, https://www.nationalhsfb.com/ , where he regularly trashes Ohio high school football.

Thanks, if you read the thread he is not really trashing Massillon, he is talking about Ohio high schools playing Canadian teams, he mentions other Ohio schools by name also. He probably is correct, unfortunately, that Ohio is no longer a top 5 state nationally for high school football talent.

Isn't scheduling a JV game against a Canadian in Week 9 a little lame for an elite program? Seriously, no legit opponent was available?

Last edited:
If you don't want to battle rush hour traffic to sit in the blazing heat watching a high school football game between a team from Missouri and a team from Georgia at 5:30 on a Friday in August, you can stream it from FloSports with a $20/month subscription. Personally I don't give my credit card info to anyone with an F rating from the Better Business Bureau but that's just me.

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/austin/profile/digital-media/flosports-inc-0825-1000108975

And of course FloSports has the dates wrong.

I wonder if any idiots from there are saying "We couldn't get all local Texas teams from right around here? Why would anyone want to see an out-of-state team when we could come watch a local team we could see any Friday night?" Dopes.

Isn't scheduling a JV game against a Canadian in Week 9 a little lame for an elite program? Seriously, no legit opponent was available?

Well, when you have a handful of schools within several miles who are deathly afraid to answer the phone when our AD calls....I guess you do what you gotta do sweetie.

OUR junior varsity is playing a Canadian team. A team from your conferences VARSITY is playing a Canadian team in the freedom bowl....an event that you've been slobbering over for a couple of months now. Lame.

5 of the teams scheduled to play in this event are ranked in Maxpreps preseason top 100.
# 3 St Francis Academy
#24 St Edward
#55 Milton
#58 East St Louis
#70 Christian Brothers

For reference the entire state of Ohio has 5 teams ranked in the preseason top 100. St Edward is the highest ranking team in Ohio.
Springfield (#48), Moeller (#64), Lakota West (#80), and Winton Woods (#92) are also ranked.

Last edited: