2022 Football

I didn’t watch the game but you shouldnt be pulling staters until late 3rd Q no matter who youre playing, especially in the playoffs. I wouldnt pull my starters at half unless I was up 45+ points. Crazy things can happen and you never know. I remember 2006 our Crusaders were down 28-0 at half against Colerain.. we had it tied 28-28 at the end of regulation.

I understand wanting to keep your team healthy and show good sportsmanship but 21-0 is hardly a blowout and not a safe lead with 2 Q to go… I wouldnt feel comfortable with a 21 point lead until about 7min left in the game.

I’m curious to see what the Crusaders do at QB. I think the WRs and TE can be dangerous, esp with teams keying in on Marshall.

Does the young QB throw a solid deep ball? I’d like to see about 3-4 deep shots per game to Tennel Bryant on PA passes on either 1st and 10 or like 3rd and 1, when the defense is likely suspecting run. Have the TE run a seam route, the slot on Bryants side run a corner route and Bryant out wide run the vertical. Safeties will have trouble reading run then deciding where to cover. If they have the deep safety help over top on Bryant the TE seam or slot corner should be open. Tennel Bryant is wayyy to fast for 99.99% of corners in Ohio to cover. Have to make the opponents respect it. Hit one or two of those in a game and it’s sure to be one less defender in the box trying to fill a hole to slow down Marshall. The combination of the best RB in the state and the fastest WR in the state is a cheat code that needs to be used to full effect. The opposing DCs and their safeties need to be forced to respect Bryant’s speed so our blockers up front dont have more guys than they can block in the box.

I’m curious to see what the Crusaders do at QB. I think the WRs and TE can be dangerous, esp with teams keying in on Marshall.

Does the young QB throw a solid deep ball? I’d like to see about 3-4 deep shots per game to Tennel Bryant on PA passes on either 1st and 10 or like 3rd and 1, when the defense is likely suspecting run. Have the TE run a seam route, the slot on Bryants side run a corner route and Bryant out wide run the vertical.
Yes. He’s a smart kid, with a great arm. On Friday, Bryant caught a TD pass for the first time in 7 weeks—they needed that.
I know, it is a lot to ask a young kid at this point in the season. But I believe he’s the better option.

Some people might say the best thing would probably been for Moeller to get the running clock going and then pulled the starters. There is a balance.
Correct.
And you were right (I agreed) on this Friday’s game location. No way OHSAA was going to chance it at Mason after the postgame fireworks.

Castner runs pretty hot. The Mason parents and admin were pretty upset. It is what it is. And who knows, Moeller might of said they don't want to play at Mason.

Last edited:
Prediction.

A special teams screw up will cost this team the Championship in one of the remaining games. Specifically a blocked punt, FG, or EP!!!!!
It's been a problem the whole year!

Prediction.

A special teams screw up will cost this team the Championship in one of the remaining games. Specifically a blocked punt, FG, or EP!!!!!
It's been a problem the whole year!
FG and EP have improved since a small change was made.
Punts, well, they better tighten up after the Mason game.

Last edited:
West’s AD definitely calling the shots on location and they wanted Princeton last week and this week- so got it. This will be their 3rd game there this year. And its fine- going to be a great game- hope Castner tunes in!

Sounds like Mason players/coaches felt like Moeller wasn't exactly humble during the final handshakes and it triggered Castner. Honestly the Mason players had their chance and if you don't like it then don't get beat on the field. Castner has always had a short fuse and I am sure the slightest riff could of set him off. But then again when you aren't used to playing this deep in the playoffs it shows inexperience on his part. Mason should go find a legit coaching staff that can actually compete on a consistent basis. Castner has some of the best facilities in the state, a huge schools district, and struggles to compete on a consistent basis. Yeah he loses a lot of kids to Moeller/StX but so does everyone else including Lakota. Other sports at Mason figure it out, why does their football program get a free pass on not being one of the best in the Region?
That’s why winning this game is crucial- the upcoming kids want to play for a winner and a loss to west also means some kids stay “home” (though that term is loose with Bolden at the reins!). Was worried that year with Nauman set the program back for a long time as far as talented kids choosing X or their public high school so Elder doing such a great job right out of the gate really saved Moeller's football program from disaster. There can be up and down years but if football is not competitive it would take a toll on the school overall.

You have no home field. You have fields you rent every season, also it's not like you all exclusively play at Norwood. You've played at different venues. Its what you all do. And I said it would probably be played there (Norwood) . Wishful thinking it would be at a venue to better accommodate everyone. I bet your faithful fans feel thr same way, but since it's against X gotta hold the line.
Bitter much?

Moeller is headed in the right direction but the football team is playing their home games at Norwood Shea Stadium. It is a dump compared to most of the big D1 programs in the area. How can Moeller allow this to be the standard for their football program? Go buy some land and build a decent football facility.
Because money grows from a money tree right?

Congrats to the 10 players who earned All-District Honors:

1st Team: Marshall (RB and offensive player of the year), Bryant (WR), Martin (DL), Ginnetti (LB), Page (P)
2nd Team: Biel (LT), Currin (LG), Seliga (S)
Honorable Mention: Remenowsky (RG), Daniel (CB)

For reference, our opponent this week, Lakota West, has 11 selections:

1st Team: Bolden (QB), Remy (WR), Curtis (OL), Bohn (K), Asbeck (LB), Hartford (S), Minich (S), Fussell (CB)
2nd Team: Lloyd (WR), Davis (DL), Brankamp (LB)

Congrats to the 10 players who earned All-District Honors:

1st Team: Marshall (RB and offensive player of the year), Bryant (WR), Martin (DL), Ginnetti (LB), Page (P)
2nd Team: Biel (LT), Currin (LG), Seliga (S)
Honorable Mention: Remenowsky (RG), Daniel (CB)

For reference, our opponent this week, Lakota West, has 11 selections:

1st Team: Bolden (QB), Remy (WR), Curtis (OL), Bohn (K), Asbeck (LB), Hartford (S), Minich (S), Fussell (CB)
2nd Team: Lloyd (WR), Davis (DL), Brankamp (LB)
Former AD’s son Asbeck on the list for West

That was an beatdown I didnt see coming. Moeller beat LW in ever phase of the game.

Now will Marshall be able to bounce back from the concussion. Yes, he was pulled from the game because of a concussion. My guess is the kid spends the next 6 days at Beacon getting ready for Springfield.

That was an beatdown I didnt see coming. Moeller beat LW in ever phase of the game.

Now will Marshall be able to bounce back from the concussion. Yes, he was pulled from the game because of a concussion. My guess is the kid spends the next 6 days at Beacon getting ready for Springfield.
That was reported not official. Have heard different takes from people close. We have one of the best trainers around in Craig Lindsey whose passion for Moeller athletics is only outmatched by his passion for caring for the kids who play. Including the opponent- he was on the field in seconds when the west player went down late in the game.

I haven't seen any reports. I was at the game. My info is from someone I trust. I don't think it was severe. It was interesting because he pulled himself out of the game and I think at the time most thought he just needed breather. He went back in the game and I am thinking once the adrenaline wore off at halftime they started figuring out something was wrong.

How do you know he had a concussion? What medical staff told you? I DVR the game and not ONE wotd was said about a concussion. How is it you know? It may be true but until it comes out, you're passing bad and premature information. Not fair to Marshall, his family, or his school.

Last edited:
How do you know he had a concussion? What medical staff told you?
"Jordan is fine," Elder said. "He just had a little bit of an injury so as far as that's concerned we're never going to put anybody in any type of jeopardy. So we had to hold him out.

Elder said he expects Marshall to play in the state semifinal but added it's up to the Moeller medical staff to ultimately make that determination.

👆This was postgame interview with head coach. Mr. FourthandOne appears to be correct. 👍

Nice to see #6 and #36 back on the field. Both were great contributors, especially in the second half. LW is average at best without their QB. They do have playmakers on defense. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the next few years. GBM 💪 🏈

Nice to see #6 and #36 back on the field. Both were great contributors, especially in the second half. LW is average at best without their QB. They do have playmakers on defense. It will be interesting to see how they fare in the next few years. GBM 💪 🏈
👍Moeller was sharp on offense, defense and special teams. Outstanding play and focus from all of the players and coaches. Proud of those kids.

👍Moeller was sharp on offense, defense and special teams. Outstanding play and focus from all of the players and coaches. Proud of those kids.
I think LW might of missed their best opportunity last season. Just don't know if LW can get out of the region. Moeller is obviously going to be loaded next season and I think we all know both Moeller and StX freshmen/sophomore classes are loaded. Just not sure how LW will be able to get out of the Region given what Moeller and StX have in the pipeline talent and numbers wise

"Jordan is fine," Elder said. "He just had a little bit of an injury so as far as that's concerned we're never going to put anybody in any type of jeopardy. So we had to hold him out.

Elder said he expects Marshall to play in the state semifinal but added it's up to the Moeller medical staff to ultimately make that determination.

👆This was postgame interview with head coach. Mr. FourthandOne appears to be correct. 👍
Good to hear the coach says he is fine. I also believe some of that is coaches talk. Coaches don't ever say when a player is in concussion protocal. Not trying to stir the pot. I don't like seeing players get hurt and concussion stuff needs to be taken seriously. Moeller does it the right way but there are still way too many players and coaches that are not taking it seriously even at the NFL level.

I think LW might of missed their best opportunity last season. Just don't know if LW can get out of the region. Moeller is obviously going to be loaded next season and I think we all know both Moeller and StX freshmen/sophomore classes are loaded. Just not sure how LW will be able to get out of the Region given what Moeller and StX have in the pipeline talent and numbers wise
I think West will be fine with Bolden there. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them in the same spot next year. They may have one loss if they open with X. They benefit from being in the GMC. Depending on how Parker keeps developing Princeton, who else is going to challenge them in the 9 game GMC schedule? If there is nobody in the pipeline behind his son at QB, he will move people around to get production at the position just like he did at Colerain. I know it is a different system, but they always seemed to reload at the QB position. Sometimes it was from moving kids around.

I think West will be fine with Bolden there. Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them in the same spot next year. They may have one loss if they open with X. They benefit from being in the GMC. Depending on how Parker keeps developing Princeton, who else is going to challenge them in the 9 game GMC schedule? If there is nobody in the pipeline behind his son at QB, he will move people around to get production at the position just like he did at Colerain. I know it is a different system, but they always seemed to reload at the QB position. Sometimes it was from moving kids around.
It wouldn't surprise me if some family with a stud QB at another school decides the academics of LW will help their son get a good college schloarship. :cool: :banana::stirthepot: