2022 Football

I'd take you up on it but I have another Big Moe sporting event that I have to attend that day. Good Counsel is ranked #12 in the country so it's going to be a battle. Curious who's their star players and what colleges have offered. Is it being televised?
Flosports has the game. I don’t have an account so not sure what the cost is there.

I have watched video of GC’s first two games; this will be a huge challenge for Moe. GC has athletes all over, very much like the King team from MI last season. Given the Moe QB situation, I see this game going to GC.

I'd take you up on it but I have another Big Moe sporting event that I have to attend that day. Good Counsel is ranked #12 in the country so it's going to be a battle. Curious who's their star players and what colleges have offered. Is it being televised?
Good Counsel has a ton of star talent. A quick trip to recruiting sites and the big names are:

Sr. 4-Star Edge Neeo Avery (6’5, 230): Committed to Ole Miss
Sr. 4-Star Edge Dylan Gooden (6’4, 205): Rutgers target, offers from all over
Sr. 3-Star WR Spencer Jones (6’3, 180): Duke commit
Jr. 4-Star LB Aaron Chiles (6’3, 210): Penn State target, offers from all over
Jr. 4-Star RB Dilin Jones (5’11, 180): Maryland target
Jr. 3-Star WR Elijah Moore (6’4, 190): Maryland target
Jr. 3-Star OT Kyle Altuner (6’4, 290): Penn State target
Jr. 3-Star CB Judah Jenkins (5’11, 175): WVU target

Aside from the highly sought after players, Good Counsel also returns several All-Conference players in two other running backs, two offensive linemen, a linebacker, a defensive tackle, a cornerback, and a starting QB in junior Frankie Weaver.

In all, Good Counsel returns 7 starters on defense and 9 on offense. I want to try to watch a game or two of theirs to get a feel of how they play, but I expect their offense to be very run-centric with the experience at running back and offensive line. I don’t know if it’s the best team they’ll play, but it’s easily the most talented. Moeller will have their hands full, but so long as the coaches come with a very good game plan and the kids come off the bus ready to go, it will make for a very good game. GBM!!!

#7 Dilin Jones of GC seemed to be the best player on the field today. Strong, fast, elusive. We struggled with tackling him all day, especially 4th Q. #2 was small, but wow was he quick. Two very similar teams, with similar styles and strengths, evenly matched up. moe's play calling in the first half was genius, especially the fake victory formation from mid field 30 sec to go in first half. That wa a huge 7 pointer that made the difference. I saw some black and whited love for GC as the game wound down. The first Moe fumble sure looked like a non-call on a face mask. Then there was the Moe touchdown toward the end of the third that got called back on a hold, then a couple non-calls for pass interference all allowed GC to come back. Very questionable and I'd have to watch some tape on that.
Nevertheless, awesome win for the Crusaders over a very, very good team. Go Big Moe!

Moe had a few starters out, but you’d never know it. All of the boys stepped up for a big time win against a team full of D-1 talent. Impressive win!

However, I was not impressed with GC’s sportsmanship—especially the final snap.

Things were getting chippy at the end with several offsetting unsportsmanlike conducts. Not sure what happened because it was taking place away from the ball. But the lack of a true handshake at the end with Moe players heading straight to the locker room was troubling.

Gritty win but a bit concerning that our Crusaders played a portion of the game flat and sloppy. Hopefully they learn and grow from it. As a Buckeye fan I know my team is going to get every opponent’s best shot.. well humility aside our Crusaders are not only the team to beat in Ohio this year but one of the most (probably top 5) talented teams from Kentucky up through Michigan and from Indiana east through New Jersey up through Maine and including West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. No doubt in my mind everyone on our schedule and in the playoffs will bring their A game and would love to beat us.
This is one of the most talented Moe teams I’ve seen since I started HS at 9001 Montgomery Rd in ‘04 ‘05. That said they have to match their opponents intensity every week. This team has the potential to go undefeated as State Champs and finish top ten nationally. But I hope the coaching staff and players take it 1 game at a time and come out with fire in their hearts and clear minds ready to execute.

However, athletic excellence aside, and more importantly, I hope these young men are growing spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and (they already look well developed athletically/physically/ But by God’s healing Grace may they stay healthy and avoid injury)

GBM!

Praise to the Lord, Shepherd, and Savior Jesus Christ

What the heck is the problem with Moellers kicking game. Blocked and missed extra points and Field Goals. Seems if the linemen can't block, get them out of there.

What the heck is the problem with Moellers kicking game. Blocked and missed extra points and Field Goals. Seems if the linemen can't block, get them out of there.
Definitely a problem. It is way too slow. The ball is getting back there slower. It did not seem like a problem earlier in the year. It turned into a big one last night.

Definitely a problem. It is way too slow. The ball is getting back there slower. It did not seem like a problem earlier in the year. It turned into a big one last night.
It was a problem last year as well. 🙄
They better get it corrected or adopt a Kevin Kelley approach, and go for 2 after a touchdown.

Great win last night. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the turnaround brought about by coach Elder. Mistakes are being corrected and last night outside of one block in the back (touchdown called back), the execution was flawless. No false starts on the "hurry up". You can tell with the focus during pregame that this team has bought in to coach Elder's plan. No wasted energy, precision during position group warm ups, complete concentration and hustle, not a hair out of place. The one thing I do fear is some college coach comes a calling looking for a top notch assistant. There are a few college head coaches with a pipeline to Moeller and word travels past. Keep up the good work Moe. We can't help but notice. GBM Beat an Iggy!

Great win last night. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the turnaround brought about by coach Elder. Mistakes are being corrected and last night outside of one block in the back (touchdown called back), the execution was flawless. No false starts on the "hurry up". You can tell with the focus during pregame that this team has bought in to coach Elder's plan. No wasted energy, precision during position group warm ups, complete concentration and hustle, not a hair out of place. The one thing I do fear is some college coach comes a calling looking for a top notch assistant. There are a few college head coaches with a pipeline to Moeller and word travels past. Keep up the good work Moe. We can't help but notice. GBM Beat an Iggy!

Hopefully Coach Elder is happy to be out of the college coaching rat race. Moeller very lucky to have him. Amazing job he has done in a very short period of time.

Agreed- noticed a difference immediately with coach Elder on the sidelines. Perfect timing to regain the GCL title as word has it a stadium capital campaign is coming soon. With easily 2/3 of the 11,000 people at Nippert Friday night being Crusader fans/alums- Hyzdu should have a pretty good base to draw on to offer financial support

For anyone who’s curious, I thought I’d post an update on college offers/commitments from our 7-0 Crusaders.

Class of 2023
Collin Remenowsky (G): Findlay, Tiffin, Lawrence Tech, Valpo, Dayton
Peyton Wilp (DT): Committed to Bucknell
Joe Ginnetti (LB): Committed to Air Force
Isaiah Summerlin (S): Georgetown, Yale, Illinois State, Fairmont State, Duquesne, Akron
Tennel Bryant (WR): Air Force, Austin Peay, Central Michigan, UMass, Army, Navy, Toledo
Thomas Biel (OT): Committed to Holy Cross
Carson Titus (OT): Illinois State, Lehigh, Bucknell, Fordham
Brandon Martin (DE): UT Martin, Army, Dayton, Valpo
Alec Weeder (RB): Wittenberg, Butler, Valpo
Rashaad Glenn (LB): Butler
John Currin (G): Butler
Lamont Cox (S): Butler, Tiffin, Fairmont State, Charleston, Norte Dame College, Dayton
Seliga (S): Committed to Navy
Cap Davis (CB): Charleston
Josiah Love (WR): Lawrence Tech
Nate Schmidt (DT): Otterbein

Class of 2024:
Jordan Marshall (RB): OSU, Michigan State, Missouri, WVU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Duke, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, Georgia Tech, Vandy, Rutgers, Miami, BC, Pitt, Akron, Toledo, Louisville, UK, UC, Tennessee, Michigan, South Carolina, Auburn, Stanford, Penn State
Karson Hobbs (CB): Committed to South Carolina
Jewett Hayes (DE): Iowa, UK, WVU

That makes 19 (!!!!) players who have received an offer to play ball at the next level. And this still doesn’t include guys who should expect an offer or two soon like Conlan Daniel (Sr. CB), Sr. WR Ryan Mechley, Jr. QB Luke Dunn, Jr. TE Eli Jacon-Duffy, and more.

Of course this season isn’t over yet, but it’s still great to see guys’ successful high school football play translate into opportunities for them and their families. GBM!!!!

Agreed- noticed a difference immediately with coach Elder on the sidelines. Perfect timing to regain the GCL title as word has it a stadium capital campaign is coming soon. With easily 2/3 of the 11,000 people at Nippert Friday night being Crusader fans/alums- Hyzdu should have a pretty good base to draw on to offer financial support
Care to elaborate?

Care to elaborate?
This is not a secret. It has been discussed (among Moe folks in person and here on yappi) a football stadium would be (will be) at the same site as the baseball stadium.

The holdup has been traffic flow and roads. By now, they may gone in another direction, or completely different location. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m hoping to see the finished product on that baseball stadium next spring.

This is not a secret. It has been discussed (among Moe folks in person and here on yappi) a football stadium would be (will be) at the same site as the baseball stadium.

The holdup has been traffic flow and roads. By now, they may gone in another direction, or completely different location. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I’m hoping to see the finished product on that baseball stadium next spring.
There is no infrastructure to handle a football stadium in Miamiville. Water, sewer, parking, traffic. Perhaps somewhere else, but I dont see it happening in Miamiville.

There is no infrastructure to handle a football stadium in Miamiville. Water, sewer, parking, traffic. Perhaps somewhere else, but I dont see it happening in Miamiville.
Was told that years ago when they designed the baseball stadium. Yet, everyone I have spoken to since then said, “They are working on it”. It’s a running joke if you ask about it. I have given up on seeing it happen. The improvements to the school are great though! 😉

Maybe Moeller and their neighbors have settled on a stadium that will be built behind Moeller with a garage? Hmmm

Congratulations to all the players and Mark Elder for being recognized for GCL South awards and honors.

Player of the Year: Jordan Marshall, RB, Jr
Coach of the Year: Mark Elder
All Purpose Player of the Year: Tennel Bryant, WR, Sr
Co-Defensive Lineman of the Year: Brandon Martin, DE, Sr
Co-Linebacker of the Year: Joe Ginnetti, LB, Sr
Co-Defensive Back of the Year: Matthew Seliga, S, Sr
Punter of the Year: Ethan Page, P, Jr

1st Team GCL:
Marshall
Bryant
Martin
Ginnetti
Seliga
Page
Thomas Biel, LT, Sr
John Currin, LG, Sr
Collin Remenowsky, RG, Sr
Conlan Daniel, CB, Sr

2nd Team:
Luke Dunn, QB, Jr
Eli Jacon-Duffy, TE, Jr
Ryan Mechley, WR, Sr
Carson Titus, RT, SR
Jewett Hayes, DE, Jr
Peyton Wilp, DT, Sr
Ethan Sweat, LB, Sr
Rashaad Glenn, LB, Sr
Karson Hobbs, CB, Jr
Cap Davis, CB, Sr

That makes a total of 20 (!!!) players selected to All-GCL honors. That has to be one of the highest number of players selected in many years from a GCL team, much less from Moeller.

Do you all think Moeller will keep the Moeller-StX playoff game at Norwood or will they try to secure a bigger venue? I am not even sure Norwood has enough seats to even accommodate the Moeller fans that will show up for this game. Nippert is probably not an option because UC plays a home game the following day.

Do you all think Moeller will keep the Moeller-StX playoff game at Norwood or will they try to secure a bigger venue? I am not even sure Norwood has enough seats to even accommodate the Moeller fans that will show up for this game. Nippert is probably not an option because UC plays a home game the following day.
I cannot see the game moving. Not sure a public school (with a bigger venue) wants to host these two private schools.
What I can see is St X beating Moe. Especially with Moe’s struggles of late with the passing game.