2022 Football

Really sad what happened to the prior QB. Very talented but personally flawed. Plenty of chances but the school had to take a stand unless they risked losing credibility with the rest of the student body / alumni. The whole damn school was present.

I would chalk it up to "school rumors" but a current student said the RB was recruiting a "four star QB from California." I'll believe it when I see him on the field....but wow what a great opportunity for someone. There's some serious talent at the skilled positions.

Really sad what happened to the prior QB. Very talented but personally flawed. Plenty of chances but the school had to take a stand unless they risked losing credibility with the rest of the student body / alumni. The whole damn school was present.

I would chalk it up to "school rumors" but a current student said the RB was recruiting a "four star QB from California." I'll believe it when I see him on the field....but wow what a great opportunity for someone. There's some serious talent at the skilled positions.
And good luck to him. Hopefully the adults in his life don’t continue to fail him, but I’m guessing they will. Moe was the second school he’s been asked to leave.
As far as the future, don’t buy into rumors. I believe summer camp will shape things in the QB position just fine.

First day of conditioning. And here it goes.......

I have always wanted to see a varsity game at Massillon. The pregame videos I've seen on Youtube are awesome if you're into high school football. Bummed that I think I have another kid's activity to attend.

First day of conditioning. And here it goes.......

I have always wanted to see a varsity game at Massillon. The pregame videos I've seen on Youtube are awesome if you're into high school football. Bummed that I think I have another kid's activity to attend.
You need to change plans and make the trip. It is definitely worth it.

Seeing all the players who've gotten their chance to receive offers at the collegiate level in the offseason, I thought it'd be cool to highlight them and their offers. In total, it's 17 players (WOW!!). 14 incoming seniors, 3 incoming juniors. 10 defensive players, 7 offensive players. 9 have at least one Division 1 FBS offer. With this much talent, I think it's safe to say a very good season is ahead of us. If the QB position is figured out, we could see this team going as far as last year's team did or even further. GBM!

Class of 2023 (14 total):

Collin Remenowsky (G/C): Findlay, Tiffin
Peyton Wilp (DT): Georgetown, Cornell, Bucknell, Army
Joe Ginnetti (LB): Air Force, Akron, Central Michigan, Duquesne, Gardner-Webb
Isaiah Summerlin (S/ATH): Georgetown, Yale, Illinois State, Fairmont State, Duquesne, Akron
Tennel Bryant (WR): Air Force, Austin Peay, Central Michigan, UMass, Army, Navy, Toledo
Thomas Biel (OT): Georgetown, Brown, Robert Morris, Colgate, Lehigh, Lafayette, Columbia, Bucknell, Fordham
Carson Titus (OT): Illinois State
Brandon Martin (DT): UT Martin, Army
Alec Weeder (RB): Wittenberg, Butler
Rashaad Glenn (LB): Butler
John Currin (G): Butler
Lamont Cox (S): Butler, Tiffin, Fairmont State, Charleston, Notre Dame College
Matt Seliga (S): Fordham, Colgate, Lehigh, Duquesne, Dartmouth, Army, Bucknell, Navy
Cap Davis (CB): Charleston

Class of 2024: (3 total):

Jordan Marshall (RB): Michigan State, Missouri, WVU, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Duke, Indiana, Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa, Georgia Tech, Vandy, Rutgers, Miami, BC, Pitt, Akron, Toledo, Louisville, UK, UC
Karson Hobbs (CB): Marshall, WVU, Akron, UK
Jewett Hayes (DE): Iowa, UK

Seeing all the players who've gotten their chance to receive offers at the collegiate level in the offseason, I thought it'd be cool to highlight them and their offers. In total, it's 17 players (WOW!!). 14 incoming seniors, 3 incoming juniors. 10 defensive players, 7 offensive players. 9 have at least one Division 1 FBS offer. With this much talent, I think it's safe to say a very good season is ahead of us. If the QB position is figured out, we could see this team going as far as last year's team did or even further. GBM!
Only if every single player puts the team first.

Ton of college level talent on the field in the GCL this year at Moe and X.

On paper, I can't see these two not being the favorites in the GCL or even Region 4 (maybe LE as well). (Cincy) Elder is always tough but they just don't have this level of talent on their roster.

Last edited:
Hobbs received an offer from South Carolina yesterday. Elder's college connections are showing with all these offers. GBM!

Any word on who coach Elder might be grooming for the QB position? If so, would that person fall in the category of "just manage the offense" or might he be expected to "lead the offense". I know the depth at QB last year was so so behind Noah and the now departed heir who would have two years of eligibility left. There appears to be only one QB that actually played the position last year at the JV (Reserve) level. Has anyone emerged as a potential front runner? This would seem to be the only question mark going into the conditioning and summer camp workouts. GBM

Any word on who coach Elder might be grooming for the QB position? If so, would that person fall in the category of "just manage the offense" or might he be expected to "lead the offense". I know the depth at QB last year was so so behind Noah and the now departed heir who would have two years of eligibility left. There appears to be only one QB that actually played the position last year at the JV (Reserve) level. Has anyone emerged as a potential front runner? This would seem to be the only question mark going into the conditioning and summer camp workouts. GBM
Two kids from class of 2024 (Dunn and Robinson) got most reps on JV last year. A few frosh filled in on JV at times, but only due to injuries by the others.
Robinson fits the Moe system better—in my opinion. He has the talent to take this team and I hope he does. However, his basketball stock went up this spring via the AAU circuit, so I hope he doesn’t ditch football.
Dunn is a good athlete and I’d find a way to insert him in the offense if he’s not the starter.
Still waiting to see if there’s a fire with all the smoke of a transfer.

Two kids from class of 2024 (Dunn and Robinson) got most reps on JV last year. A few frosh filled in on JV at times, but only due to injuries by the others.
Robinson fits the Moe system better—in my opinion. He has the talent to take this team and I hope he does. However, his basketball stock went up this spring via the AAU circuit, so I hope he doesn’t ditch football.
Dunn is a good athlete and I’d find a way to insert him in the offense if he’s not the starter.
Still waiting to see if there’s a fire with all the smoke of a transfer.
Saw a recent Twitter tweet from one of the boys at a college QB camp a week ago. Hopefully he has plans to continue his gridiron career at Big Moe. GBM

I would assume summer camp has concluded. Anyone with perspective on what they might have witnessed? Thanks GBM

I would assume summer camp has concluded. Anyone with perspective on what they might have witnessed? Thanks GBM

Left Handed, Jr. QB Drew Robinson has more than enough arm strength to be a very capable H.S. QB. Hopefully Big Moe can rely on its ground game with Weeder and Marshall and experienced OL early in the season and give a new QB some time to develop as the season goes on.

I'm hearing 110 have come out on Frosh team, and nearly 80 Soph's will make up the JV and Varsity roster. Moe apparently had a boat load of kids transfer from other schools after their Freshman year. Future looks bright for Moeller Football.

Left Handed, Jr. QB Drew Robinson has more than enough arm strength to be a very capable H.S. QB. Hopefully Big Moe can rely on its ground game with Weeder and Marshall and experienced OL early in the season and give a new QB some time to develop as the season goes on.

I'm hearing 110 have come out on Frosh team, and nearly 80 Soph's will make up the JV and Varsity roster. Moe apparently had a boat load of kids transfer from other schools after their Freshman year. Future looks bright for Moeller Football.
Great arm. And not knocking last year’s QB1, but DR has better mobility and speed. He will have some talented targets to throw to as well.

Moe apparently had a boat load of kids transfer from other schools after their Freshman year. Future looks bright for Moeller Football.
Heard the same. There is a good buzz around the football program and I think alot of kids can feel a consistent resurgence on the horizon.

I think Moe can be very good while also having to develop a QB at the same time. The future is bright indeed.

They only had one transfer come in.

Any insight on how the 7 on 7 went against Princeton and Springboro today?
They looked fine for 7v7. QBs getting good reps. It is not a great translator for the season in my opinion. Ask Lakota West. They dominated Moe in last year’s 7v7. How’d that work for them in the playoffs? ?

I didn't get up to the 7 on 7 but talked to some people that were there and they said that the Junior QB may be the guy. Not a guy that is going to win you a game but can make some plays and manage the game. They said that he did well last week in the 7 on 7. Other guy in the mix is the soph QB. We don't need a Ragland just someone to manage the game and make good decisions. Looks like things are on the right path. GBM!

They looked fine for 7v7. QBs getting good reps. It is not a great translator for the season in my opinion. Ask Lakota West. They dominated Moe in last year’s 7v7. How’d that work for them in the playoffs? ?

Can someone drop Moe's upcoming passing scrimmage's schedule?
Also, dates/time and location for their 2 preseason scrimmages (I think Winton Woods and Colerain)? Thanks.

The calendar on the Football website has the following but doesn't state whether those are at Moeller or Away:
July 15th Cov Cath 9:30
July 22nd Hamilton 10:00
July 29th Lakota West 9:00

The calendar only goes through July so it doesn't show the scrimmages. I had heard Colerain was not a scrimmage this year so like you TNG I would be interested to know who the two scrimmages are this year. GBM!

I remember several expulsions in my years, a couple freshmen being caught smoking pot on school grounds in their fist month, then a senior, one day before graduation lighting a smoke bomb in the bathroom across the hall from the classroom where was. My senior year, I got caught once before a dance drinking and got a 2 hour suspension after school every day for a week with fifty 50- others. that was before the drinking age was raised from 18-19 then 21. AT that time, if they expelled everyone who drinked, half the school would've be gone. I imagine that's changed now with the drinking age raised to 21.

That said, I should be flying up from San Antonio 2-11sep visiting my 91yr old mom, so I should be able to see both the Sat 3 Sep East Central game and the Sat 10 Sep Game in Ironton vs Good Council.

Anyone from '83 planning on going?

Last edited:
I remember several expulsions in my years, a couple freshmen being caught smoking pot on school grounds in their fist month, then a senior, one day before graduation lighting a smoke bomb in the bathroom across the hall from the classroom where was. My senior year, I got caught once before a dance drinking and got a 2 hour suspension after school every day for a week with fifty 50- others. that was before the drinking age was raised from 18-19 then 21. AT that time, if they expelled everyone who drinked, half the school would've be gone. I imagine that's changed now with the drinking age raised to 21.

That said, I should be flying up from San Antonio 2-11sep visiting my 91yr old mom, so I should be able to see both the Sat 3 Sep East Central game and the Sat 10 Sep Game in Ironton vs Good Council.

Anyone from '83 planning on going?
Second chances are given. The school is reasonable. Third and Fourth chances, not so much.

Their two actual scrimmages are
Sat Aug 6 Milford 12pm and
Fri Aug 12 @ Winton Woods 7pm.
UPDATED
Facebook page has Freshmen vs Milford starting at 8 AM followed by JV and Varsity. The scrimmage is at Milford and tickets are $5. I would not count on the Varsity at 12 PM. It may be earlier based on Freshmen starting time. The football schedule page has freshmen at 8, JV at 10 and Varsity at noon. GBM

Last edited:
Facebook page has Freshmen vs Milford starting at 8 AM followed by JV and Varsity. The scrimmage is at Milford and tickets are $5. I would not count on the Varsity at 12 PM. It may be earlier based on Freshmen starting time. The football schedule page has freshmen at 8, JV at 10 and Varsity at noon. GBM
And if this “scrimmage” goes like last year, there’s not much to see. It’s more like a joint practice. Next week is more game structured, including score being kept. Laughable Milford is charging admission.