2022 Elder Football

That's a good schedule. These are all actual high schools that generally play under the same rules. There is only one long trip, and that is heading to Lakewood. Not an easy schedule by any means, but these should mostly be competitive. I have a feeling a few of these contracts might expire after this season. Let's hope something similar can continue beyond 2022. Good job to Elder AD and whoever else involved getting a good schedule together.

Who needs the GMC and ECC? They can continue to play in their own little bubble and get bounced early from Region 4 as usual.
who knows? ask lakota west lol

jtk
()

roncalli will have a new coach. coach rodenberg is headed back to cincy to coach indian hill.

jtk
()

Almost every suburban HS in Cincinnati pays their head football coach in the neighborhood of $100,000 at this point. Rodenberg is being hired as a full-time phys ed teacher making $86,217/year and will get a supplemental contract for head varsity football coach at $12,000/year.

Almost every suburban HS in Cincinnati pays their head football coach in the neighborhood of $100,000 at this point. Rodenberg is being hired as a full-time phys ed teacher making $86,217/year and will get a supplemental contract for head varsity football coach at $12,000/year.
IMO, since it’s Indian Hill, having to manage all of the parent’s egos isn’t worth it. I’d rather make 70-80k coaching at Roncali where you don’t have to listen to the soccer mom crowd.

IMO, one reason Bolden has managed to turn around West almost instantly is bc he won’t deal with any outside bs. It’s very much his way or the highway.

Last edited:
IMO, since it’s Indian Hill, having to manage all of the parent’s egos isn’t worth it. I’d rather make 70-80k coaching at Roncali where you don’t have to listen to the soccer mom crowd.

IMO, one reason Bolden has managed to turn around West almost instantly is bc he won’t deal with any outside bs. It’s very much his way or the highway.
Rodenberg has plenty of experience dealing with egotistical parents and soccer moms from his multiple stops at Private Schools. Him and his wife were ready to get back to Cincinnati and felt Indian Hill would be a great fit for them. Bolden has the athletes at Lakota West. Indian Hill has some athletes but not nearly the same as Lakota West. Does Elder have any kids from Indian Hill?

Rodenberg has plenty of experience dealing with egotistical parents and soccer moms from his multiple stops at Private Schools. Him and his wife were ready to get back to Cincinnati and felt Indian Hill would be a great fit for them. Bolden has the athletes at Lakota West. Indian Hill has some athletes but not nearly the same as Lakota West. Does Elder have any kids from Indian Hill?
They did have one a few years ago.

Like I mentioned in various other posts, if he can slow the exodus of players leaving the program for perceived greener pastures, they will have somethings special over there.

Like I mentioned in various other posts, if he can slow the exodus of players leaving the program for perceived greener pastures, they will have somethings special over there.
How many players do they lose to X and Moeller?

How many players do they lose to X and Moeller?
It used to be like 4 or 5 guys tops to both schools. Class of 24 lost 6 boys to X and 4 to Moeller. Class of 25 lost like 12 boys to X and 4 to Moeller. Class of 26 there are 4 that I know going to X, not sure about Moeller and it could be more. These may not seem like big numbers, but its already a smaller program and when you compound the numbers you start to miss those guys. Especially when you're losing productive athletes.

I cannot imagine this would be even close to as difficult as dealing with the "living in the past" crowd at Moeller was.

Outside of Wyoming, how’s the rest of the CHL in football?
Not good. Indian Hill actually has a pretty good team for its division every couple years, but Wyoming is the only program that really advances upstate. Reading is OK some years.

I'd imagine Roddy gets Indian Hill to or close to Wyoming's level.

Not good. Indian Hill actually has a pretty good team for its division every couple years, but Wyoming is the only program that really advances upstate. Reading is OK some years.

I'd imagine Roddy gets Indian Hill to or close to Wyoming's level.
Indian Hill was better than Wyoming for a stretch before Prater's arrival there. They seem to fallen off recently as Wyoming has risen.

CHL's Taylor has had a good run in multiple sports over the past couple of years. A trio of Visi kids helped elevate the program and became instant starters in baseball, football, and basketball. However, this was more of an anomaly and few have followed them so I'd guess Taylor will take a step back across the board when they graduate this May.

It used to be like 4 or 5 guys tops to both schools. Class of 24 lost 6 boys to X and 4 to Moeller. Class of 25 lost like 12 boys to X and 4 to Moeller. Class of 26 there are 4 that I know going to X, not sure about Moeller and it could be more. These may not seem like big numbers, but its already a smaller program and when you compound the numbers you start to miss those guys. Especially when you're losing productive athletes.
If you lose a few good athletes per class, that adds up, especially when you’re a smaller school without a lot of depth.

Drew Ramsey PWO UC
Chris Kammerer PWO OU
Mikey Kirch Thomas More
Bartley Thomas Thomas More

Any other seniors playing football next level? I assume Hambleton is still weighing options.

Have to think he ends up playing Slot, seems like such a natural fit for him.
I would think so too, but a lot of teams were looking at him as a defensive player, from what I heard. He could probably play the same spot that Jarrell White played and now Deshaun Pace plays, think they call it their Jack LB - it's a LB/S hybrid.

I would think so too, but a lot of teams were looking at him as a defensive player, from what I heard. He could probably play the same spot that Jarrell White played and now Deshaun Pace plays, think they call it their Jack LB - it's a LB/S hybrid.
I think College position for Ramsey may dictate how much playing time he actually gets. Have to be able to beat out the other guys. The competition for Playing time for a CFP Final 4 Team will be a great challenge.

If UC had the good sense to tell DR what position they see him playing for them I'm sure he is already working to get ready for that. I truly believe he will make Fickell look like a genius. If they want him to play on the defensive side of the ball I assume a redshirt season will be required. I look forward to watching DR playing a big part in UC's success over the next five years.

Elder Players in College football. I'm sure I missed some

2022s
Drew Ramsey - PWO UC
Chris Kammerer - PWO OU
Mikey Kirch - Thomas More
Bartley Thomas - Thomas More
Ben Hambleton - ?
Andrew Harp - ?
David Maurer - ?

2021s
Drew Beckenhaupt - Toledo
Joey Stemmler - Ball State