2022 EBC

Other than DeShields getting and IAA offer and possibly zurbrugg, they are all very good high school quarterbacks. I read a while ago about Hillyer playing at the next level, he was a phenomenal high school quarterback- where is he now wb fans? Not being q smarta** either. I want to know where he is and if he is still playing.
Saw an article in the Salem news. Feature photos of Hillyer and Caserta at Marietta. Deshields and Hillyer are both proof that Cooper’s offense thrives with athletes like those two. Both have very similar passing abilities. Deshields is more of an evasive runner as Hillyer would welcome running through you. The WB Back up Qb was very impressive last week he stepped in for Deshields and that kid showed grit and didn’t miss a beat.

Other than DeShields getting and IAA offer and possibly zurbrugg, they are all very good high school quarterbacks. I read a while ago about Hillyer playing at the next level, he was a phenomenal high school quarterback- where is he now wb fans? Not being q smarta** either. I want to know where he is and if he is still playing.

Deshields was offered by Kent yesterday.

Saw an article in the Salem news. Feature photos of Hillyer and Caserta at Marietta. Deshields and Hillyer are both proof that Cooper’s offense thrives with athletes like those two. Both have very similar passing abilities. Deshields is more of an evasive runner as Hillyer would welcome running through you. The WB Back up Qb was very impressive last week he stepped in for Deshields and that kid showed grit and didn’t miss a beat.
DeShields is an amazing quarterback and deserves all of press that that he gets. I am equally impressed with Hillyer. That team was not good his junior year and I believe they were 2-8. They changed the offense and he really lead WB to a pretty big turn around. That kid was a really good high school quarterback.

56-48 South over Beaver last night. Poochie Snyder had 339 yards passing 2tds, 256 yards on the ground with 5 tds. An insane game. Could we see another EBC matchup in week 14?

56-48 South over Beaver last night. Poochie Snyder had 339 yards passing 2tds, 256 yards on the ground with 5 tds. An insane game. Could we see another EBC matchup in week 14?
Are you saying that Snyder also, had 256 yards rushing, or the team had 256 yards rushing?

Zurbrugg was offered by them first, he’s betta
He is a good one, better? Worse? Who knows but a kid doesn't get scholarship offers from any level unless he can play and the college is confident that he can be successful in the student half of the student -athlete

The Canton Repository has an article PAC-7 sets time line to add new league members. Schools interested to replace CVCA, who is leaving after the 24-25 school year. The excepted school would start for the 2025 - 26 seasons. Current schools are Canton South, Fairless, Manchester, Northwest, Orville, Triway and Tuslaw. I wonder it Minerva or Carrollton are giving consideration. Would they add both? If so and one or both leaves, would this be the end of the EBC or reopen the door for Louisville? Their program is in disarray right now.

The Canton Repository has an article PAC-7 sets time line to add new league members. Schools interested to replace CVCA, who is leaving after the 24-25 school year. The excepted school would start for the 2025 - 26 seasons. Current schools are Canton South, Fairless, Manchester, Northwest, Orville, Triway and Tuslaw. I wonder it Minerva or Carrollton are giving consideration. Would they add both? If so and one or both leaves, would this be the end of the EBC or reopen the door for Louisville? Their program is in disarray right now.
I have it from two very good sources that Minerva and Salem are rock solid when it comes to the EBC.

I have it from two very good sources that Minerva and Salem are rock solid when it comes to the EBC.
Minerva does well in every sport other than football. And the travel is better in the EBC so it makes sense. I have grown to like watching EBC games. Hopefully our very successful middle school football teams will translate to competitive varsity team n 2-3 years.

Shake things up a little:
Minerva to the PAC
Alliance, Marlington, West Branch, Salem, Poland, South Range, Struthers and Hubbard The new EBC
Niles, Girard, Lakeview, Champion, Brookfield, Liberty, Newton Falls, Labre the new TAC 8

Shake things up a little:
Minerva to the PAC
Alliance, Marlington, West Branch, Salem, Poland, South Range, Struthers and Hubbard The new EBC
Niles, Girard, Lakeview, Champion, Brookfield, Liberty, Newton Falls, Labre the new TAC 8
Those would be good leagues honestly

Yeah, I agree. Public schools are cyclical. WB lost to Minerva in 2019. I don’t know how long Louisville dominated, but apparently it was long enough for everyone else.
I think from 1999-2017 they either won or shared the football NBC title 10 times. Ironically, they went to the state championship game in 2007 and didn't win the league. They did win the league in 2013, 14 and 15 and did not lose a league game in those 3 years. they were really dominate in multiple sports those years. They were voted out and did win not the league in 2016 and 17 and was out in 2018. Marlington won it 2016 and gave Louisville it's first league loss in 3 years and Alliance won it in 2017 and i think Louisville finished 2nd both years. They would not have won the league in recent years either. back in the late 80s they could not compete in the Federal League, they left for the NBC and built a very nice program. Now they are playing a Federal league type schedule and really struggling.. The best fit for them is the EBC/NBC - a lot of people really don't miss them at all, saying their fans are arrogant.. However, IMO they need to be in this league.

Minerva does well in every sport other than football. And the travel is better in the EBC so it makes sense. I have grown to like watching EBC games. Hopefully our very successful middle school football teams will translate to competitive varsity team n 2-3 years.
I agree about the travel aspect for Minerva & the EBC. With the PAC's geographic footprint, it's basically a triangle of south Akron at the top with Massillon and Wooster as the two bottom vertice points. Minerva is kinda out of the way of the geographic area for the PAC but if I was them, I'd kick the tires with the PAC just to find out. My gut tells me the PAC will either add a school no one saw coming or they'll go with West Holmes but I could be entirely wrong.

Last edited:
Lville needing a league is not the EBC's problem. Having 6 teams may be a reason for some to push the panic button. Looking at the league football wise, I see there being advantages with just 6 teams.
1. Its an even number and allows them to have no floating bye week like the FED has.
2. 5 league games allows for two extra OOC games. Essentially allowing more harbin points to come into play for the league. Every team in the league theoretically could have a winning record and also make the playoffs, which isn't as big of a deal as it used to be.

The schools are finding plenty of games for weeks 4&5 and they are winnable games. I see the EBC being patient and adding 2 schools eventually. I think they are trying to bring in a duo that are natural rivals as the existing pairs really work for them. Min v Carr, Mar v All, Sal v WB
You are spot on with your observation. I think eventually a certain river school will be knocking at the EBC door again in a year or two, because the league they are currently in has some geographical travel issues looming if it has to dump the north-south format and go to just one division. The EBC's hope is this: If that school comes back to the table, it will eventually pull their natural rival along with them. That is unless they want to make two-hour-plus bus rides in what could be a one-division league down the road.

I agree about the travel aspect for Minerva & the EBC. With the PAC's geographic footprint, it's basically a triangle of south Akron at the top with Massillon and Wooster as the two bottom vertice points. Minerva is kinda out of the way of the geographic area for the PAC but if I was them, I'd kick the tires with the PAC just to find out. My gut tells me the PAC will either add a school no one saw coming or they'll go with West Holmes but I could be entirely wrong.
Agree.

I just hope Tim Speakman can keep the young athletes playing football and continues to develop an off season program that allows our kids to keep up physically with the other EBC schools. Other sports have proved that Minerva has the type of kids that can compete at a high level. There is not one logical excuse to justify a 3-77 record over the last 8 years! If you take football out of the equation the EBC is a very good league for Minerva but they would be dumb not to at least explore the PAC option. In 2014 we had a near 2000 yard rusher and a very deceiving 4-6 record losing a lot of close games to very solid playoff teams. A 44 game losing streak and 3-77 record since then. Yes we had some classes that were small in numbers and had little talent over the last 8 years the last 4 or 5 years it was just an poorly run program. The most disappointing season in this time was 2019 and 2020 and we actually won our 3 games in those years. They had some really good football players on those teams. By no means were they league champions type teams but they should not have been as bad as they were. So even if we were in the PAC the record would not be a whole lot better than 3-77.

I think Speakman is turning the page and building something special year. Minerva fans need to be really patient because it will probably another 2 rough years.

Lville needing a league is not the EBC's problem. Having 6 teams may be a reason for some to push the panic button. Looking at the league football wise, I see there being advantages with just 6 teams.
1. Its an even number and allows them to have no floating bye week like the FED has.
2. 5 league games allows for two extra OOC games. Essentially allowing more harbin points to come into play for the league. Every team in the league theoretically could have a winning record and also make the playoffs, which isn't as big of a deal as it used to be.

The schools are finding plenty of games for weeks 4&5 and they are winnable games. I see the EBC being patient and adding 2 schools eventually. I think they are trying to bring in a duo that are natural rivals as the existing pairs really work for them. Min v Carr, Mar v All, Sal v WB
Good take. It's a little worrisome with the PAC opening. I don't think Minerva will jump to the PAC but who knows about Carrollton? If either leaves they may have to entertain the idea of adding Louisville as an option to keep it at 6 schools.