2022 EBC

Where did you see that????
Salem News. Article from last night's game. Not sure what their source is. I also question those #s. That's a sh_tload for one player. Not sure who keeps stats for Salem. Be nice to know if those are actual numbers or just some estimates somebody is throwing out there.

Salem News. Article from last night's game. Not sure what their source is. I also question those #s. That's a sh_tload for one player. Not sure who keeps stats for Salem. Be nice to know if those are actual numbers or just some estimates somebody is throwing out there.
I call BS on that lol if true tho hats off

I believe Oehlstrom's career rushing was 5,497 or close to that. Can't imagine Johnson having over 5,000 yards rushing.

But it wouldn't be the first time in my life to be wrong. Wonder if someone from Salem has an actual account?

....other than the coaching staff

I believe Oehlstrom's career rushing was 5,497 or close to that. Can't imagine Johnson having over 5,000 yards rushing.

But it wouldn't be the first time in my life to be wrong. Wonder if someone from Salem has an actual account?

He do start as a freshman and was a big part of the offense back then, but those are lofty numbers even for a 4 year starter

Pooch has 6,620 passing yards on 462/674 (68.5%). 74 passing TDs. 956 total rushing yards and 21 rushing TDs.
Snyder was a top QB in the EBC for a few years, he is a 4 year starter and wold have been right there with deshields, zurbrugg and Johnson this year.

The Salem coaching staff doesn’t post on yappi.

..anymore. After they lost to west branch they said it was toxic and that they would no longer be posting.

I think there's a real possibility those numbers are close to accurate, a 4 year starter, lots of blow out games on the schedule across that run, and multiple playoff games

I think there's a real possibility those numbers are close to accurate, a 4 year starter, lots of blow out games on the schedule across that run, and multiple playoff games

He started the last few games his freshman year. There is no way he has 5,000 yards career rushing. He would realistically have a little over 3,000

I heard the same. Hopefully he's 100 percent before playoffs. To play devil's advocate:

Suppose they started the sophomore that everybody assumes is the future QB against Carrollton and Salem. Not to sound disrespectful to Region 13, but I don't think it matters what seed WB is. Sure, they'd like to have a couple home playoff games, but with a healthy DeShields, they should be able to win the region no matter what the path is. If he starts the next two weeks and his knee gets worse, I would hate to be playing a team like Canton South or Girard with my best player banged up in a season with high expectations.

I know there's obvious benefits to starting him against Carrollton and Salem, but is it worth starting him in those games? Surely it depends on how serious the knee issue is.
Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

He started the last few games his freshman year. There is no way he has 5,000 yards career rushing. He would realistically have a little over 3,000
In what I can find I think career for him is about 10,000 passing yards and 3,500 or so rushing yards

Hopefully that mis-information is just bad journalism and not coming from an over proud coach/parent. Very bad look either way.

Sir, don’t make me come back to defend people I have no interest in defending. Let me retire in peace.
I don't quite understand some of the Salem people, you put together some very nice years and have a solid program. If it is true the roster has 70-80 kids your coaches are doing something right.

I don't disagree. But he is a great player- maybe those numbers were him and his brother combined lol...
The passing numbers are accurate, I'd assume it's just a typo in the article, not a Ron Johnson conspiracy or whatever you think it is

If RonJon is a God, his congregation is getting smaller and smaller. After last night, I know for a fact there are people walking out of his church.

If the claim of 70-80 kids is true, then the fact that they can't win meaningful games against teams with winning records proves the development isn't happening. That's a lot of daily competition for a disappointing 6-5 record.

Hake can't get here fast enough. He had 50-60 kids at a D6 school! And they won! It can be done, but it won't happen with Johnson.

If RonJon is a God, his congregation is getting smaller and smaller. After last night, I know for a fact there are people walking out of his church.

If the claim of 70-80 kids is true, then the fact that they can't win meaningful games against teams with winning records proves the development isn't happening. That's a lot of daily competition for a disappointing 6-5 record.

Hake can't get here fast enough. He had 50-60 kids at a D6 school! And they won! It can be done, but it won't happen with Johnson.
If they do part ways with Johnson they need to do it quick and get someone in there. Do you think he might leave since his sons are done? I don't think they will have any problems finding someone

Johnson is a good football player wish him the best in college, I’m sure he’ll play somewhere.

canton south’s Snyder is a good High School QB . Read that again HS QB . He would have been QB3 in EBC this year .

Johnson is a good football player wish him the best in college, I’m sure he’ll play somewhere.

canton south’s Snyder is a good High School QB . Read that again HS QB . He would have been QB3 in EBC this year .

Maybe QB4. Deshields, Zurburgg, Johnson, Snyder.

Other than DeShields getting and IAA offer and possibly zurbrugg, they are all very good high school quarterbacks. I read a while ago about Hillyer playing at the next level, he was a phenomenal high school quarterback- where is he now wb fans? Not being q smarta** either. I want to know where he is and if he is still playing.

Last edited: