2022 EBC

The guys around DeShields are getting better every week so the team is getting better. I like WB over Salem 48-28. But it is an intense rivalry so anything can happen.

The other 2 games will be blowouts regardless of the rivalries.
Alliance over Marlington 42-7

Carrollton over Minerva 49-0

A great QB matchup to end the season. Will the moment be too big for first year coach Tim Cooper. They have had an incredible season, they are the league champs. Will any of that matter if they lose this game? This rivalry game is that big. I expect a classic like last season.

I expect every trick play the Quakers have in their playbook to be unveiled this weekend. Take care of the football, force turnovers, and lots of double reverse pass, flea flicker, hook and ladder, annexation of Puerto Rico, hidden ball, fake punts, etc. "Watch the fake!" will echo through the hills of Demascus.

My picks
Salem close- yes I’m a homer
Alliance big
Carrollton big

Salem plays (hopefully) a complete game, Ron Jon will pull out all the tricks better believe that. Quaker County let’s ride

I expect a fairly tight game with West Branch pulling away in the second half 41-28. Hopefully no repeats of last year my heart can’t handle that much drama again. Salem always plays West Branch tough in this rivalry.
Alliance and Carrollton win easily.

A great QB matchup to end the season. Will the moment be too big for first year coach Tim Cooper. They have had an incredible season, they are the league champs. Will any of that matter if they lose this game? This rivalry game is that big. I expect a classic like last season.

Coach Johnson is 14-53 against opponents with winning records during his 11 years at Salem. (20%)

Coach Cooper is 4-1 against teams with winning records during this, his 1st season. (80%)

It appears as if your “big moment” concerns have been misplaced. 🙃

Coach Johnson is 14-53 against opponents with winning records during his 11 years at Salem. (20%)

Coach Cooper is 4-1 against teams with winning records during this, his 1st season. (80%)

It appears as if your “big moment” concerns have been misplaced. 🙃
The two programs each coach took over were entirely different. Dan will be leading the herd on Saturday night. MOOOOOOOOORE COW BELL!

The two programs each coach took over were entirely different. Dan will be leading the herd on Saturday night. MOOOOOOOOORE COW BELL!
Salem was 23-8 in the 3 years prior to Coach Johnson arriving at Salem. (74%)

West branch was 23-11 in the 3 years prior to Coach Cooper becoming the head coach. (67%)

West branch was 23-11 in the 3 years prior to Coach Cooper becoming the head coach. (67%)
Salem had a long rich history of being a loser. West Branch has a long history of being a winner. Johnson took over a team that just joined the NBC and went 5-5 with their winningest class ever at the time. Salem won occasionally pre-Johnson. Now they expect to win.

That being said, I did hear Coach Cooper decided to have Moms night this week. They need to work on rooting the hog for when Salem starts biting ankles.

Across the four seasons prior to their hiring the schools were:

Salem:
2011: 4-5
2010: 8-3
2009: 9-3
2008: 0-10
Overall: 21-21

West Branch:
2021: 13-1
2020: 8-2
2019: 2-8
2018: 6-4
Overall: 29-15

If we go back and add in two more seasons you'll see:

Salem:
2007: 2-8
2006: 1-9
New Total: 24-38 (38%)

West Branch:
2017: 3-7
2016: 4-5
New Total: 36-27 (57%)

Now while these numbers already indicate that the West Branch situation was better to step into the thing they don't account for is the level of competition both teams played against in those years. Salem played inferior competition prior to Johnson's hire and struggled to get consistent wins. West Branch played in one of the most competitive conferences in the area and came away with wins. I don't think the two are truly comparable

Salem:

West Branch:

Salem:

West Branch:

Now while these numbers already indicate that the West Branch situation was better to step into the thing they don't account for is the level of competition both teams played against in those years. Salem played inferior competition prior to Johnson's hire and struggled to get consistent wins. West Branch played in one of the most competitive conferences in the area and came away with wins. I don't think the two are truly comparable
They have 70-80 kids out this year. You could combine some years and not have that many. Both programs continue to be on the rise. Coach Johnson will be here for many more years.

Salem:

West Branch:

Salem:

West Branch:

Comparing Johnson and Cooper is such a cherry-picked comparison. 11 years rebuilding a program and 1 year with a Regional Runner Up team? Doesn't seem right to compare. I am just an outsider looking in of the West Branch program, you are allowed to disagree.

ShootNation, were you at the Carrollton vs WB game? If so, WTH was Carrollton doing?
I think it's just more of the same problem everyone has brought up over the past two years with Carrollton's approach to football. How do you win games once you get behind? Defense was forced to gamble and play aggressive to get stops and it didn't work out, offense got behind and doesn't have the ability to chase points. It's not like a loss was unexpected but the margin was pretty disappointing

I think it's just more of the same problem everyone has brought up over the past two years with Carrollton's approach to football. How do you win games once you get behind? Defense was forced to gamble and play aggressive to get stops and it didn't work out, offense got behind and doesn't have the ability to chase points. It's not like a loss was unexpected but the margin was pretty disappointing
tsilimos has done a great job there but will always be 3rd with the 3 yards and a cloud of dust approach. But if he hires an innovative OC and opens things up - look out!!! They have the toughness part of the game down.

Considering he called a run with the clock running last week against alliance with 22 seconds.

considering he was the OC when they went to the regional final the last two years

Considering he went toe to toe with Canfield week one and went for broke

No, the moment will not be too big for Tim
Cooper. If anything, it’s Ron Johnson who can’t call the right play in crunch time. Cooper is 10x the coach Johnson is.