2022 EBC

#2 from last year the sophomore himmelheber seemed to be one of the best players in the league. I saw him against Salem and was highly impressed for a 10th grader. Has he been hurt this year? Figured he would have break out year and havent seen his name much in the stats.
He's been Marlingtons biggest playmaker on offense so far this season. From what I have seen lack of talent has not been the issue. The problem seems to be the play calling is quite predictable.

He's been Marlingtons biggest playmaker on offense so far this season. From what I have seen lack of talent has not been the issue. The problem seems to be the play calling is quite predictable.
That’s good. He made some great catches when I saw him last year.

It is destiny for Salem and West Branch to finally play week 10 for a league title. Find a way Quakers
Time will tell. A lot of football to be played between now and week 10. You'd better take it one week at a time....on second thought, go ahead and look ahead!

League play starts this week. Salem - Alliance is the big one. Here are my picks.

Alliance 42 Salem 21. Alliance will have too much for Salem. Zurbrugg and Johnson are both very good QBs but Salem can't match Davis and the other skilled players at Alliance.

West Branch 60 Minerva 0. Minerva will be severely overmatched and injuries last week will make it worse. Hope a some of those injured players can come back for this week.

Carrollton 21 Marlington 7. Carrollton has to be ready to play and may be able to challenge for league title.

League play starts this week. Salem - Alliance is the big one. Here are my picks.

Alliance 42 Salem 21. Alliance will have too much for Salem. Zurbrugg and Johnson are both very good QBs but Salem can't match Davis and the other skilled players at Alliance.

West Branch 60 Minerva 0. Minerva will be severely overmatched and injuries last week will make it worse. Hope a some of those injured players can come back for this week.

Carrollton 21 Marlington 7. Carrollton has to be ready to play and may be able to challenge for league title.
Salem vs Alliance will be closer than that, those two haven't had a game decided by more than one score since 2018

West Branch could literally put up triple digits against Minerva and after hanging 77 on them last year they might actually do it this year. Their Sophomore and Freshman class are both very solid and when they get into the game I can't imagine Minerva will be able to stop them

Carrollton will expose the deficiencies that Marlington has in this one, forget the result last year this should not be even remotely close

Salem vs Alliance will be closer than that, those two haven't had a game decided by more than one score since 2018

West Branch could literally put up triple digits against Minerva and after hanging 77 on them last year they might actually do it this year. Their Sophomore and Freshman class are both very solid and when they get into the game I can't imagine Minerva will be able to stop them

Carrollton will expose the deficiencies that Marlington has in this one, forget the result last year this should not be even remotely close
Johnson is a good coach so he will have them ready but they are not as good as they were last year and i don't think they can hang with Alliance for 4 quarters. I look at the CCC scores and it seems like Alliance is just too good and will probably give WB a good game.

West Branch scored 77 last year and tried not to! Minerva is bad but they are much better coached this year, last year was a travesty and a year I would like forget! I don't think Speakman will allow 30 plus interceptions and continue to throw the ball into the teeth of the defense. But they are small in size, have a very small roster and have no chance.

I don't think Marlington has a chance but they have played a pretty good schedule and their defense has been solid. The play undefeated Chaney tough for a while and JFK and only allowed 7 points to Ridgewood. They just can't put points on the board. Other than Minerva this is probably their best chance to win. After this week Carrollton has Alliance, Salem and WB. They need to somehow find a passing offense or they could finish a very disappointing 6-4.

Johnson is a good coach so he will have them ready but they are not as good as they were last year and i don't think they can hang with Alliance for 4 quarters. I look at the CCC scores and it seems like Alliance is just too good and will probably give WB a good game.

West Branch scored 77 last year and tried not to! Minerva is bad but they are much better coached this year, last year was a travesty and a year I would like forget! I don't think Speakman will allow 30 plus interceptions and continue to throw the ball into the teeth of the defense. But they are small in size, have a very small roster and have no chance.

I don't think Marlington has a chance but they have played a pretty good schedule and their defense has been solid. The play undefeated Chaney tough for a while and JFK and only allowed 7 points to Ridgewood. They just can't put points on the board. Other than Minerva this is probably their best chance to win. After this week Carrollton has Alliance, Salem and WB. They need to somehow find a passing offense or they could finish a very disappointing 6-4.
Carrollton did beat Salem and Alliance last year probably only throwing 10 total time's combined. 🤷🤷🤷 I think they beat Marlington 28-7 and Salem/Alliance need to figure out how to stop the stack eye more than Carrollton needs to develop a passing game in order to win those games.

Carrollton did beat Salem and Alliance last year probably only throwing 10 total time's combined. 🤷🤷🤷 I think they beat Marlington 28-7 and Salem/Alliance need to figure out how to stop the stack eye more than Carrollton needs to develop a passing game in order to win those games.
They lost to Marlington last year. Not saying they can't beat Alliance and West Branch but they will need to score a lot. Salem and Carrollton had great games the last few years. Getting shut out by Garaway is concerning..

They lost to Marlington last year. Not saying they can't beat Alliance and West Branch but they will need to score a lot. Salem and Carrollton had great games the last few years. Getting shut out by Garaway is concerning..
I believe it rained quite hard when Marlington beat them and Carrollton lost 3-4 fumbles. So it was more on Carrollton shooting themselves in the foot than it was Marlington out playing them.

As for the Garaway game I'm just chalking that up to bad circumstances. They had some key players out before the game and then lose one of their best players in the first series due to getting two quick personal fouls. Not saying they win, but I do not believe Garaway is 35 points better than them.

I believe it rained quite hard when Marlington beat them and Carrollton lost 3-4 fumbles. So it was more on Carrollton shooting themselves in the foot than it was Marlington out playing them.

As for the Garaway game I'm just chalking that up to bad circumstances. They had some key players out before the game and then lose one of their best players in the first series due to getting two quick personal fouls. Not saying they win, but I do not believe Garaway is 35 points better than them.
Good luck to Carrollton the rest of the season- I really hope then make a run at the league title. I think they will beat Marlington by 3-4 scores and will have a great game against Salem, I think Alliance and West Branch are too much for them.

And these in the football world are what we call excuses.

if they play Garaway 10 times. They lose all 10.

Didn’t Marlington pass all over them? Typically the rain would hurt a passing team and not a running team.

Let’s just be honest, Carrollton normally struggles with any teams who are good at throwing the ball. They do not have enough athletes in the back end of their defense.

And these in the football world are what we call excuses.

if they play Garaway 10 times. They lose all 10.
Don't think he ever said Carrollton would win. It was pretty obvious Garaway was better. I think his point was that Carrollton is better than the score indicated, when at full strength. But things happen and players for various reasons miss games. I don't see that as an excuse. Carrollton kids generally over achieve. Can't ask for more than that.

Garaway is easily good enough this year to win the EBC. Would love to see a WB/Garaway matchup.

Didn’t Marlington pass all over them? Typically the rain would hurt a passing team and not a running team.

Let’s just be honest, Carrollton normally struggles with any teams who are good at throwing the ball. They do not have enough athletes in the back end of their defense.
This may not mean anything because comparing scores and opponents doesn't usually tell the tale. But Ridgewood and Garaway are somewhat similar teams and have great programs. The play each other in week 10 and last year Garaway beat Ridgewood 19-14. Marlington lost to Ridgewood 7-0 this year. Also Marlington lost to 5-0 Youngstown Chaney 35-10 but it was close for a while. Chaney beat Poland, Boardman, Mooney and Canfield. The teams that Marlington has played are 21 and 4. Carrollton's opponents are 8 - 17 and the only team with a wining record is 5-0 and beat Carrollton 35-0. Carrollton has a very soft schedule and their wins came against poor competition and their 4 wins came against team with a 3 and 17 record. They really don't play anybody. If marlington had that schedule they would probably have 3 or 4 wins too. This game may be closer that everyone thinks. I still like Carrollton and we will find out how good they really are in the upcoming weeks.

Don't think he ever said Carrollton would win. It was pretty obvious Garaway was better. I think his point was that Carrollton is better than the score indicated, when at full strength. But things happen and players for various reasons miss games. I don't see that as an excuse. Carrollton kids generally over achieve. Can't ask for more than that.

Garaway is easily good enough this year to win the EBC. Would love to see a WB/Garaway matchup.
Garaway almost beat South Range in the playoffs last year. They are a good team.

This may not mean anything because comparing scores and opponents doesn't usually tell the tale. But Ridgewood and Garaway are somewhat similar teams and have great programs. The play each other in week 10 and last year Garaway beat Ridgewood 19-14. Marlington lost to Ridgewood 7-0 this year. Also Marlington lost to 5-0 Youngstown Chaney 35-10 but it was close for a while. Chaney beat Poland, Boardman, Mooney and Canfield. The teams that Marlington has played are 21 and 4. Carrollton's opponents are 8 - 17 and the only team with a wining record is 5-0 and beat Carrollton 35-0. Carrollton has a very soft schedule and their wins came against poor competition and their 4 wins came against team with a 3 and 17 record. They really don't play anybody. If marlington had that schedule they would probably have 3 or 4 wins too. This game may be closer that everyone thinks. I still like Carrollton and we will find out how good they really are in the upcoming weeks.
Agreed, Carrollton better be ready.

There is nothing similar about Garaway and Ridgewood THIS year.

There is nothing similar about Garaway and Ridgewood THIS year.
That's why I started off with "this may not mean anything" but Carrollton did have a very weak non-league schedule other than Garaway. Philo is average and they beat them 14-7. I still think they will beat Marlington by 2-3 scores but I am curious to see how they do the following 3 weeks. I am rooting for the Warriors and I hope they prove me wrong and go 9-1 but i think they will go 6-4.

I do think Tsilimos has done a great job at Carrollton. The are probably more consistent since he's been there they have ever been. The play good hard-nosed football. He gets the most out of his teams.

And ? Ohio State struggled with ND
ND lost to Marshall
Marshall lost to BGSU

so in theory BGSU should hang with Ohio State ?

salem by 20 is my pick
You could be right- I am historically a terrible picker!!! But if it's a 20 point game I think the Quakers will be on the wrong end of that score..

And ? Ohio State struggled with ND
ND lost to Marshall
Marshall lost to BGSU

so in theory BGSU should hang with Ohio State ?

salem by 20 is my pick
I think your pick is a little nuts but I do agree using transitive property in football is not really useful