2022 EBC

One of the better games I have seen in a long time. Back and forth all night. I think there were only about 4 penalties total, and no turnovers on either side until the interception with about 4 minutes left, otherwise Salem probably finds the end zone late to get the win. Quakers will probably have their hands full again this week.
I think CCC would be a good fit in the EBC.

So after today we will have:
Alliance 4-1
West Branch 4-1
Carrollton 4-1
Salem 4-1
Marlington 0-5
Minerva 0-5
So all the teams out of conference record combined is 16-14. Not too shabby!

Last edited:
Can't help but feeling like everybody is overlooking Carrollton in the discussion here. Don't think they'll be a contender for a conference title but I could see them catching any of the other top teams

Can't help but feeling like everybody is overlooking Carrollton in the discussion here. Don't think they'll be a contender for a conference title but I could see them catching any of the other top teams
A week of bad weather plays into their hands against a lot of teams

They are probably the best coached team in the EBC! Their style on O gives them a chance against any team in the conference.

So after today we will have:
Alliance 4-1
West Branch 4-1
Carrollton 4-1
Salem 4-1
Marlington 0-4
Minerva 0-4
So all the teams out of conference record combined is 16-12. Not too shabby!They are probably the best coached team in the EBC! Their style on O gives them a chance against any team in the conference.
their style also puts them at a disadvantage- they can't fall behind because they are too 1 dimensional and have no passing game.
They are probably the best coached team in the EBC! Their style on O gives them a chance against any team in the conference.
it also puts then at a disadvantage if the fall behind- they are very well coached and play hard but too one dimensional. I would like to see Carrollton win the league but I think they will lose 3 league games. Possibly 4 or Marlington can beat them again.

Last edited:
Marlington can not beat them
I don't think so either and wil pick Carrollton but 3-4 touchdowns but I didn't they could last year either and they did. Marlington did have a good passing game last year though and were better last year.

Marlington's last 3 games were brutal. They will be game ready for Carrollton next week.

I didn’t make it to the game last night, but heard it was a great game. Padua jumped up early. Salem clawed their way back. I was getting text updates that they scored, went for 2, got stuffed, missed the onside, got a defensive stand, and then went the length of the field to kick the field goal when time expired. Hopefully the Quakers can carry this momentum into Alliance next week.

Minerva had at least 3 injuries, they are really short on players. not the best timing with West Branch and Salem up next. Hoping they can get through the reminder of the season healthy.

I didn’t make it to the game last night, but heard it was a great game. Padua jumped up early. Salem clawed their way back. I was getting text updates that they scored, went for 2, got stuffed, missed the onside, got a defensive stand, and then went the length of the field to kick the field goal when time expired. Hopefully the Quakers can carry this momentum into Alliance next week.
I didn’t make the game either, but the Salem news article did a great job covering it. Huge win for the Quakers. What are their chances against Alliance?

I didn’t make the game either, but the Salem news article did a great job covering it. Huge win for the Quakers. What are their chances against Alliance?
We shoot the aviators down. They won’t be very fundamental will have trouble with Johnson. Let’s Go Quakes beat the fly boys

I don't think so either and wil pick Carrollton but 3-4 touchdowns but I didn't they could last year either and they did. Marlington did have a good passing game last year though and were better last year.

Marlington's last 3 games were brutal. They will be game ready for Carrollton next week.
Marlington had one of the best passing offenses in the area last year. They have 0 offense this season. No chance they beat Carrollton.

Why does everyone assume Alliance has no discipline or fundamentals? Alliance will beat Salem by 3 touchdowns. A one man show isn't going to be enough to beat Alliance. Salem usually gets a few personal fouls or unsportsmanlike penalties in big games.

Last edited:
Why does everyone assume Alliance has no discipline or fundamentals? Alliance will beat Salem by 3 touchdowns. A one man show isn't going to be enough to beat Alliance. Salem usually gets a few personal fouls or unsportsmanlike penalties in big games.
Because it’s my opinion of the aviators program. Speed and athletic ability only get you so far. Alliance traditionally has been undisciplined and not a physical team. Go Quakes . I actually got a Friday off (ATM) and plan on getting to my first game

Marlington had one of the best passing offenses in the area last year. They have 0 offense this season. No chance they beat Carrollton.
#2 from last year the sophomore himmelheber seemed to be one of the best players in the league. I saw him against Salem and was highly impressed for a 10th grader. Has he been hurt this year? Figured he would have break out year and havent seen his name much in the stats.

Because it’s my opinion of the aviators program. Speed and athletic ability only get you so far. Alliance traditionally has been undisciplined and not a physical team. Go Quakes . I actually got a Friday off (ATM) and plan on getting to my first game
In my opinion Salem is the team that pushes the rules to the limit. I respect Johnson as a coach and what he did with that program but I do not like him- i remember going to a Louisville game and Salem had the probably well over 200 yards of penalties- it was bad. Alliance has a lot of very good kids- they are disciplined and usually lack good line play- if they have a good line they will destroy Salem

In my opinion Salem is the team that pushes the rules to the limit. I respect Johnson as a coach and what he did with that program but I do not like him- i remember going to a Louisville game and Salem had the probably well over 200 yards of penalties- it was bad. Alliance has a lot of very good kids- they are disciplined and usually lack good line play- if they have a good line they will destroy Salem
Salem has been penalized 5 times in their last three games. Twice against East Liverpool, three times against Canton Central Catholic, and zero times against Padua. In the same stretch Alliance has been penalized 26 times, eight times against Bedford, eleven times against Norwalk, and seven times against Central Catholic. I don't think penalty yardage is a good way to determine if a team is disciplined or not but I don't think a team pushing the rules to the edge would only be penalized 1.6 times per game

Salem has been penalized 5 times in their last three games. Twice against East Liverpool, three times against Canton Central Catholic, and zero times against Padua. In the same stretch Alliance has been penalized 26 times, eight times against Bedford, eleven times against Norwalk, and seven times against Central Catholic. I don't think penalty yardage is a good way to determine if a team is disciplined or not but I don't think a team pushing the rules to the edge would only be penalized 1.6 times per game
Sounds like Alliance needs to clean things up to be a great team.