2022 EBC Baseball thread

I agree. Carrollton has a solid team. They got swept by an excellent Marlington team and will struggle with Salem, just like everyone else. They just beat New Philadelphia and they are usually decent. They can win some league games this year. Minerva and Carrollton are the in Eastern District and the rugged EBC will help them in the tournament.
100%. Well said.

New Philadelphia 9
Minerva 1
Kept it close for awhile but the Lions struggled at the plate and had the 3 and 4 pitching. Louisville is Wednesday and Thursday with our 1 and 2 on the mound. Hopefully we can keep it close and sneak one out.

New Philadelphia 9
Minerva 1
Kept it close for awhile but the Lions struggled at the plate and had the 3 and 4 pitching. Louisville is Wednesday and Thursday with our 1 and 2 on the mound. Hopefully we can keep it close and sneak one out.
That would be great for the EBC to beat Louisville. I hope Minerva starts playing better ball.

That would be great for the EBC to beat Louisville. I hope Minerva starts playing better ball.
It sure would be nice to at least get one from Louisville. The Lions play well when the Lautzenheisers pitch. They are both quality starters, both are seniors. We are 2-0 when they pitch and 0-2 when they don't. Both had solid years as Juniors last year.. I believe Nick is playing D2 at Lake Erie College next year. The defense was actually solid in the 9-1 loss yesterday. they just need someone to step up as a quality #3.

Marlington beats Salem 1-0, checked the box score, Salem had more hits, less strikeouts, I guess just couldn't string anything together. Marlington scored off of a dropped third strikeout in the first inning. Both pitchers threw great. Salem's #2 had 13 strikeouts, he seems to be the real deal.

Marlington beats Salem 1-0, checked the box score, Salem had more hits, less strikeouts, I guess just couldn't string anything together. Marlington scored off of a dropped third strikeout in the first inning. Both pitchers threw great. Salem's #2 had 13 strikeouts, he seems to be the real deal.
They got shut out by the pitcher noone talks about, Odey. He deserves some props. It is a must win for Salem today, can't start out 1-3 in the league and have a chance. Wilms must have pitched a heck of a game to hold the Dukes potent offense to 1 run.

More likely all rain outs today, besides possibly Minerva. Carrollton and WB is going to be a good game but it just doesn't bring the star power like the Marlington vs Salem game will have. I mean it's going to be Skleding (Kentucky commit) vs Rhodes (VT commit). That will without a doubt be a great game. Personally I have the Dukes. I said earlier Rhodes sometimes misses the zone and I know Skleding pounds the zone. That already give the Dukes a huge advantage. And I think top to bottom Marlington's line up is better then Salem's. It will be a tight game but I just don't think Rhodes can hang with the better pitcher in Skelding. Everyone throw your thoughts out on the game, it should be a GREAT one!

More likely all rain outs today, besides possibly Minerva. Carrollton and WB is going to be a good game but it just doesn't bring the star power like the Marlington vs Salem game will have. I mean it's going to be Skleding (Kentucky commit) vs Rhodes (VT commit). That will without a doubt be a great game. Personally I have the Dukes. I said earlier Rhodes sometimes misses the zone and I know Skleding pounds the zone. That already give the Dukes a huge advantage. And I think top to bottom Marlington's line up is better then Salem's. It will be a tight game but I just don't think Rhodes can hang with the better pitcher in Skelding. Everyone throw your thoughts out on the game, it should be a GREAT one!
I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, Salem looked very good yesterday from what I heard as did Marlington. But, I feel like Salem looked like the better team. Marlington struck out more times than Salem did and Salem had more hits. Obviously both pitchers are great pitchers considering they are committed to SEC and ACC schools. But, I feel like at home Salem is a different team as you saw against Canton South. I feel as if Rhodes will follow in his brothers footsteps and throw a great game against the Dukes. I don't think Skelding can overpower the Quakers.

I would love to see everyone else's thoughts on this game.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this one, Salem looked very good yesterday from what I heard as did Marlington. But, I feel like Salem looked like the better team. Marlington struck out more times than Salem did and Salem had more hits. Obviously both pitchers are great pitchers considering they are committed to SEC and ACC schools. But, I feel like at home Salem is a different team as you saw against Canton South. I feel as if Rhodes will follow in his brothers footsteps and throw a great game against the Dukes. I don't think Skelding can overpower the Quakers.

I would love to see everyone else's thoughts on this game.
I just do not think Rhodes has earned the credibility of winning, and on the other hand Skleding has. That is why I like Marlington.

Feel free to chime in!

I just do not think Rhodes has earned the credibility of winning, and on the other hand Skleding has. That is why I like Marlington.

Feel free to chime in!
False. At the end of last year he was stellar!! I am pretty sure at the end of the year he beat Canton South twice, came in to shut down the Niles game, and threw great in the Hoban game... and as you can tell he is starting this year off good too.

Skelding hasn't won many big games... lost to Salem last year, and got mercy ruled by Canfield in the tournament last year...

False. At the end of last year he was stellar!! I am pretty sure at the end of the year he beat Canton South twice, came in to shut down the Niles game, and threw great in the Hoban game... and as you can tell he is starting this year off good too.

Skelding hasn't won many big games... lost to Salem last year, and got mercy ruled by Canfield in the tournament last year...
Well, now that I look back at it, I would have to agree. Still think the Marlington team is better then Salem. Could end in another 1-0 game. Skleding is just too good for the Quakers.

Anybody want to throw out bets on the game?

JK... unless.
Must win game for Salem- a 1-3 league start will put them in a battle for 2nd place. I just can’t see the dukes losing 3 league games. No way I would bet this game but if I had to I would take Marlington. If the aces match each other I think the Dukes game more pitching depth.

I also think Alliance is starting to become the dark horse. Young and Bennett seem to be a pretty good 1-2

Minerva didn’t look good today. Looked overmatched by Louisville, I left when it was 9-0. Not sure what the final was.
Canton South 3
Alliance 1

The Wildcats Sweep the Aviators. My fear of Alliance not hitting is back. What ending up being their kryptonite last year.
So it’s not alliance as he dark horse, it’s Canton South.. good sweep of Alliance.