2022 Dead Celebs/Athletes

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! The "Killer" is dead. I am sure there is a side man somewhere who is still ticking, but, I believe Lewis to be the last of the first generation rocker front men.

There is going to be a whole lot of shakin going on in the afterlife.

House of Dragons had nothing on the Killer:

xxx_jerry_lee_lewis__jy9484_26443477.jpg

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! The "Killer" is dead. I am sure there is a side man somewhere who is still ticking, but, I believe Lewis to be the last of the first generation rocker front men.

There is going to be a whole lot of shakin going on in the afterlife.

When I posted this I was a bit torn as to what about the Do Wop performers of the early 60's, like Dion and Frankie Valli? I see those guys as being, not the second generation, but, the little brothers of the pioneers. I think that is a defendable position to take. As I considered this, I wondered about the youngsters who fronted groups in the 50's like Little Anthony of the Imperials, Frankie Lymon (who was 14 when he had his biggest hit in 1956) and Neil Sedaka (not one of my favorites) who barely made having had a hit in the 50's with his 1959 hit Carol (about his high school girlfriend who happened to be Carol King). So, of them, DIon and Valli did not have hits in the 50's, Sedaka, I cannot count as first generation as he is part of the "teen idol" phase that started up after the first generation started to fade and Frankie Lymon died before he reached the age of 30. That leaves "Little Anthony", Jerome Anthony Gourdine, of the Imperials, who had a 1958 hit with Tears on My Pillow and who is alive and still performing. Not a pioneer, but, by the powers vested in me, by Yappidom, I hereby anoint him, the last living first generation rocker.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLS
Do you mean his brother? I just read about that somewhere, did not know someone else was doing the same act.

Conflict with brother​

In the early 1990s, Gallagher's younger brother Ron asked him for permission to perform shows using Gallagher's trademark Sledge-O-Matic routine. Leo granted his permission on the condition that Ron, who shared a strong likeness to Leo, and his manager clarified in promotional materials that it was Ron Gallagher, not Leo Gallagher, who was performing. Ron typically performed in venues smaller than those in which Leo Gallagher performed. After several years, Ron began promoting his act as Gallagher Too or Gallagher Two. In some instances, Ron's act was promoted in a way that left unclear the fact that he was not the original Gallagher.[10][11] This, and Ron's off-stage troubles, left a stain on Leo's reputation as well.[citation needed]

Leo initially responded by requesting only that his brother not use the Sledge-O-Matic routine. Ron nonetheless continued to tour as Gallagher Too using the routine. In August 2000, Leo sued his brother for trademark violations and false advertising.[10] The courts ultimately sided with Leo, and granted an injunction prohibiting Ron from performing any act that impersonated his brother in small clubs and venues. This injunction also prohibited Ron from intentionally bearing likeness to Leo