2022 Coaching Carousel

Wisky board of regents meeting at 4 today to allegedly approve Fickell contract
Several outlets are reporting this is a done deal. And apparently he's already told the team he's leaving. Interesting move for him if his end goal is to get back to Columbus to coach the Buckeyes. He really couldn't do much more at UC though, winningest coach in program history, back-to-back conference championships, NY6 bowl, CFP Semifinal. Tough spot for the Bearcats though moving into the Big 12 next season with a brand new coach.

Several outlets are reporting this is a done deal. And apparently he's already told the team he's leaving. Interesting move for him if his end goal is to get back to Columbus to coach the Buckeyes. He really couldn't do much more at UC though, winningest coach in program history, back-to-back conference championships, NY6 bowl, CFP Semifinal. Tough spot for the Bearcats though moving into the Big 12 next season with a brand new coach.
I doubt he’s thinking OSU anymore. Wisky would be his final destination job at his age.

There’s nothing I could want more on this earth than for The Righteous Gemstones to parody the life and times of Hugh Freeze, both at Liberty and as the new head man for Auburn.

Tom Herman is headed to FAU, per Bruce Feldman and Brett McMurphy.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Wonder how much prime cares about the money.
What is his long term goal? So far he has stated he wants to have an impact on young men. So doesn’t seem like wanting to go to the nfl. Does he consider CO a good P5 team, or maybe a temporary step?

As reported elsewhere on this forum Brohm decides to head home:

Wonder what Purdue will do as they will be flush with $s once the B1G media rights deal kicks in. Would they have the cojones to offer a big name assistant like Hartline a deal or do they go back to the group of 5 ranks looking for the next hot name like Willie Fritz.

As reported elsewhere on this forum Brohm decides to head home:

Wonder what Purdue will do as they will be flush with $s once the B1G media rights deal kicks in. Would they have the cojones to offer a big name assistant like Hartline a deal or do they go back to the group of 5 ranks looking for the next hot name like Willie Fritz.
Fritz seems like a Purdue-esque hire. In another thread I opined Jim McElwain would be a good choice for the Boilers.

Colorado is now on Prime Time:

Maybe it's gonna' take a guy like Coach Prime making an absolute mockery of this thing before somebody somewhere implements some kind of regulations and controls....Right now it's the wild, wild west. It's being reported that the SEC guys are paying 75K to anybody that makes the 85 man roster. Coach Prime addressing his team for the first time and saying "You boys need to hit the portal, cause I'm bringing my own luggage, and it's Louis Vuitton". Now granted that was one of the two or three coolest statements I ever heard, but come on this is still a collegiate deal. Ain't it? These cats are unrestricted free agents, with no salary cap, and no regulations. Sooner or later this thing is gonna' implode......

i’ve just started to gain interest in the college coaching carousel.

as for Purdue: Jim Leonhard and Jason Candle should be the 2 they go after, unless there’s any alumni who are coordinators at the P5 level.

what does everyone think Cincinnati hiring Satterfield? i don’t think it’s a bad hire, but they needed a splash. if the higher-ups at Cincy are fine with 8-9 wins and decent bowl appearance each year, then this was a safe hire. but i don’t see him winning a Big12 title at UC IMO.

Maybe it's gonna' take a guy like Coach Prime making an absolute mockery of this thing before somebody somewhere implements some kind of regulations and controls....Right now it's the wild, wild west. It's being reported that the SEC guys are paying 75K to anybody that makes the 85 man roster. Coach Prime addressing his team for the first time and saying "You boys need to hit the portal, cause I'm bringing my own luggage, and it's Louis Vuitton". Now granted that was one of the two or three coolest statements I ever heard, but come on this is still a collegiate deal. Ain't it? These cats are unrestricted free agents, with no salary cap, and no regulations. Sooner or later this thing is gonna' implode......
He’s culling the herd. The team sucked and has sucked for a long time. The locker room is infested with a bad culture and he’s gutting it. That said, there’s no need to film it and the Deion fans online are getting obnoxious. There’s people saying it’s disrespectful to call him anything other than “Coach Prime”. Have a nice day, I’d understand if you were interviewing him, but just talking about him? No, that’s egotistical bs.

Dan Mullen getting thrown out as a possible name at Purdue...also getting some play as a possible name to be the OC at South Carolina.

Bobby Petrino getting thrown around as a possible OC for Texas A&M.

Dan Mullen getting thrown out as a possible name at Purdue...also getting some play as a possible name to be the OC at South Carolina.

I thought Petrino was a done deal. Gotta respect A&M for not giving a f*** about public perception.

Is he going to wear the neck brace on the sidelines for the sympathy ploy?

what does everyone think Cincinnati hiring Satterfield? i don’t think it’s a bad hire, but they needed a splash. if the higher-ups at Cincy are fine with 8-9 wins and decent bowl appearance each year, then this was a safe hire. but i don’t see him winning a Big12 title at UC IMO.
Bad hire and will kill the energy surrounding the program. Not sure how moving an hour north is suddenly going to make a good coach at the P5 level

Purdue is hiring Illinois DC Ryan Walters as their new head coach, according to Bruce Feldman.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Bad hire and will kill the energy surrounding the program. Not sure how moving an hour north is suddenly going to make a good coach at the P5 level
I dont know much about Satterfiels, but I'm guessing he's better than Combs. Who were Cincy fans hoping to hire?