2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

This job will have plenty of interest from experienced candidates. Lots of talent on this defense to work with
I'll believe it when I see the interview list and eventual hire. If I had a good gig, nice resume and a promising future, I'd have second thoughts about jumping into a position with a franchise with such an abysmal record of failure and a place so driven by analytics.

Sample Defensive Coordinator interview question:

"It's Sunday afternoon, and just prior to a crucial play on third and five, you get a communication in your headset from the executive
box instructing you on the defensive alignment that needs to be used based on available statistics. What will you do?"

I'll believe it when I see the interview list and eventual hire. If I had a good gig, nice resume and a promising future, I'd have second thoughts about jumping into a position with a franchise with such an abysmal record of failure and a place so driven by analytics.
The majority of guys with promising futures are running towards analytics, not away from it

You're right, sorry........ but I'd rather have Watt disrupting the offense.
Actually, for the purpose of the voting they were both considered edge rushers and they picked Myles over Watt. Imagine Myles standing up and freelancing with Cam Haywood on the other side. He would probably make the Steelers forget about Watt.

Actually, for the purpose of the voting they were both considered edge rushers and they picked Myles over Watt. Imagine Myles standing up and freelancing with Cam Haywood on the other side. He would probably make the Steelers forget about Watt.
Well Watt did miss 7 games…certainly a factor.

Browns down one coordinator candidate.

From SB Nation:
Now comes word that Flores, perhaps the team’s top candidate, has an interview request from the Arizona Cardinals for their head coaching position:

Requests are just the first steps. Flores is likely to accept the request and interview for the position, leaving Cleveland in a wait-and-see mode if the is their top candidate. Kevin Stefanski may want to get a decision done quickly but is also at the mercy of the candidates schedule and decision.

Last edited:
From Browns Wire:

The Cleveland Browns continue to look for a new defensive coordinator with their third interview on Saturday with Dennard Wilson. Two of the Browns’ first three interviews have been with coaches with drastically different philosophies from what Joe Woods ran. Brian Flores and Wilson both run defenses that are considered aggressive defenses using more pressure and blitzes to force opposing offenses into quick decisions or negative plays. Some fans are happy to hear this as they have called for the team to blitz more and be more aggressive for three years.

Even Jim Schwartz, the other candidate, is known for his ability to manipulate the defensive line and pressure the quarterback. Schwartz doesn’t utilize a ton of blitzes but rather is a coach that is incredibly creative in getting pressure from just the four defensive linemen.

It will be interesting to see if ultimately the team goes with an aggressive style coach that focuses on pressure or not. But it is clear early on this offseason that they plan on some big changes on the defensive side of the ball.

Seeing these playoff teams just demonstrates how very far the Browns are from being one of them. So, don't believe all of the hype about " this is our year" and all of that propaganda.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Kirk Cousins makes it hard to be a Vikings fan. How in the world do you make that throw on 4th and the season? That was even worse than a rookie mistake. Wasted season. They lived on the edge all year, but to go into the off-season knowing what that last play was is totally demoralizing. Didn’t even give the team a chance to get the first down.

Kirk Cousins makes it hard to be a Vikings fan. How in the world do you make that throw on 4th and the season? That was even worse than a rookie mistake. Wasted season. They lived on the edge all year, but to go into the off-season knowing what that last play was is totally demoralizing. Didn’t even give the team a chance to get the first down.
If I’m Cousins, I’m throwing to Jefferson on that play, no matter how many guys are covering him.

If I’m Cousins, I’m throwing to Jefferson on that play, no matter how many guys are covering him.
I agree. At least give the team a chance. Jefferson might catch it. He might draw a flag. Anything except throwing it waaay behind the sticks to a covered TE…which is what he did.

That's okay.
What is relevant, though, is watching the Bengals and Ravens battle and realizing the Browns are not in the same class. And it’s even worse to think they tanked and came out of it with Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow just fell right to the Bengals. And as much as some detest Watson, he is the only reason the Browns will even have a chance to be relevant over the next few years.

What is relevant, though, is watching the Bengals and Ravens battle and realizing the Browns are not in the same class. And it’s even worse to think they tanked and came out of it with Baker Mayfield and Joe Burrow just fell right to the Bengals. And as much as some detest Watson, he is the only reason the Browns will even have a chance to be relevant over the next few years.
Actually, the Browns beat both of these teams this year, while having a crappy year otherwise.