2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Fire Haslam tomorrow. He's the ultimate cause of this abomination.

He bought the Browns in 2012. Since then, they've had Mike Lombardi, Ray Farmer, Sashi Brown, John Dorsey and Andrew Berry as GM. They've had Rob Chudzinski, Mike Pettine, Hugh Jackson, Greg Williams, Freddie Kitchens and Stefanski as head coach. There's only one consistent and constant force in this prolonged misery- Jimmy Freaking Haslam. He's James Dolan and Dan Snyder without controversies in the background.
Without the controversies in the background? I would say the entire Watson episode is a controversy. As was the Pilot/Flying J fiasco, of which others took the fall for Jimmy.

His ownership has been pizz poor.

I am afraid that's just too easy of a default and one that's not worked before. What needs to happen, at least in the short term, is Dee and Andrew Berry need to go to Stefanski and tell him he can be the play caller or he can be the head coach, but not both. A head coach, let alone a first time head coach, shouldn't also be calling plays. There's just too much going on during a game to pull that off effectively. In the end, you end up doing a half @$$ed job at both jobs.

Sitting here watching the Bills with a head coach the Browns could have had, being led by a game changing QB they could have had, having built behind a consistent and committed plan unlike the Browns. Grrrrr.
Philosophically, I agree, but this guy out thinks himself week after week.

He’s just not a winner.

I give up. This team has no heart. Such a contrast from the Guardians.
Any more, I think a lot of us just follow them out of habit. It's like going to a high school game at your alma mater, seeing the colors and having the reflex to cheer. Certainly, they've done nothing to reward or encourage our fandom.

Our defense has been terrible against the likes of Mayfield, Flacco, Trubisky, Mariota, Herbert and Zappe. One legit QB while the rest are bottom tier. You think weeks 1-6 were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Our defense has been terrible against the likes of Mayfield, Flacco, Trubisky, Mariota, Herbert and Zappe. One legit QB while the rest are bottom tier. You think weeks 1-6 were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.
we just basically faced the worst QB's in a stretch of weeks... and we are 2-4!!!! LOL!!!

I had them at 8-9 before the Watson suspension moved to 11 games, but this team will be lucky to see 5-12. Jeezus, are they awful.

So what precisely did you guys expect out of an organization that 1) refused to bench the team leader when he needed to be; 2) promptly got rid of him after he predictably became a bum horse by playing through it; and 3) hired a pervert?

Hope Jim Donovan isn't dying or something. A little weird they didn't say why he was sick.

Any more, I think a lot of us just follow them out of habit. It's like going to a high school game at your alma mater, seeing the colors and having the reflex to cheer. Certainly, they've done nothing to reward or encourage our fandom.
100%. My wife watches me watch the Browns on Sundays and asks "why do you keep doing this to yourself?". I have no good answer except that I've rooted for them for 50+ years.

Stefanski once again trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Yesterday he thought he would outsmart Belicheck. :ROFLMAO:

He was sure Belicheck would take away the run, so he passed 45 times and gave the best back in the NFL 12 carries. TWELVE CARRIES. 56 yards is still 4.5 per carry for Chubb. But no, we better have Brissett pass 45 times.

Belicheck completely fooled him. Got in defensive looks that made it seem like they were loading the box, then they backed off into coverage. Belicheck led Stefanski right where he wanted him to go.

And Joe Woods? Please. So many 1st and 2nd round picks in the secondary, but still terrible. 6 weeks if you still have miscommunications and lack of energy, it is time for a change there.

I’m not trying to troll here. The Browns are on TV at the bar I’m at every Sunday for the 1 pm games. Yesterday’s Browns performance was one of the most pathetic I’ve seen in the NFL in a long time, barring instances where a team is clearly outclassed in overall talent. Brissett was awful. The receivers were awful. The defense as a whole was awful. Coaching decisions were poor. What even was that?

The Browns fan sitting next to me gave up at 24-9, paid his tab and walked out. I couldn’t blame him.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

Steel town boys win, browns lost again!!!
Cleveland is a hell of a lot more a steel town today than Pittspuke, btw, but you dumb hillbillies can tell yourselves whatever.

I am sad to say that the Stillers pulled it out of the fire yesterday - even if it did mean Mentor Mitch had a shot to redeem himself a bit. I do like that, but I really was hoping you Yinzer dopes would want to fire Tomlin, so we can hire him here.

I am afraid that's just too easy of a default and one that's not worked before. What needs to happen, at least in the short term, is Dee and Andrew Berry need to go to Stefanski and tell him he can be the play caller or he can be the head coach, but not both. A head coach, let alone a first time head coach, shouldn't also be calling plays. There's just too much going on during a game to pull that off effectively. In the end, you end up doing a half @$$ed job at both jobs.
We may as well close the thread for the season until this^ happens.

Sitting here watching the Bills with a head coach the Browns could have had, being led by a game changing QB they could have had, having built behind a consistent and committed plan unlike the Browns. Grrrrr.
Firing Dorsey for Berry just to appease DePo and some of the "key" players and observers was the beginning of the last round of stupid. If it was not Haslam himself driving the bus to obtain Watson, "beheadings" need to start with Berry, and DePo needs to step back, like Homer into the hedges, permanently.

Last edited:
So what precisely did you guys expect out of an organization that 1) refused to bench the team leader when he needed to be; 2) promptly got rid of him after he predictably became a bum horse by playing through it; and 3) hired a pervert?

Hope Jim Donovan isn't dying or something. A little weird they didn't say why he was sick.
The last thing that any human being in NEO wants to hear re Jimmy Donovan is the "c-word" (not your word, ex-wives and MiLs).

Everybody pray that his cure is here to stay!!

I had them at 8-9 before the Watson suspension moved to 11 games, but this team will be lucky to see 5-12. Jeezus, are they awful.
Looking at Mr Brisket after the guy that assembled him just smoked him may lend a worse view to the topic, but yeah.....

There is no excuse for this defense.

Saying that, as far as I know, the most cerebral defender we have is only looking at 3-4 opponents every down. He's a "quiet leader" and, simply put, a bookish fellow whose only vice just damaged his shoulder. "Athaleet" can only cover so much, and superior "twitch" is neutralized by confusion or indecision.

2-9 by the time Watson is eligible. 3-8 if they are lucky. they had high hopes, but now realize that those dreams will not happen and they are getting worse by the week. They will soon give up.

2-9 by the time Watson is eligible. 3-8 if they are lucky. they had high hopes, but now realize that those dreams will not happen and they are getting worse by the week. They will soon give up.
I will never forgive the moron that decided to sign Watson and waste the players' years in our contract structure........unless they win the SB next season, of course.....

But it seems as tough to answer as "who is really calling the shots at the Democrat Party and Biden White House?", unfortunately.

But it seems as tough to answer as "who is really calling the shots at the Democrat Party and Biden White House?", unfortunately.

1666027642186.png

Attachments

• 1666027591527.png
    1666027591527.png
    359.8 KB · Views: 11
Speaking from experience, the very best way to watch the Browns is to record the game and watch it later. Stay heavy on the Fast Forward button, and the torture is over in just about 35 minutes.

I will never forgive the moron that decided to sign Watson and waste the players' years in our contract structure........unless they win the SB next season, of course.....

Or when did Trump ever tell the truth? But, of course , this is a football thread, not the "Debate" Forum.