2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

tom 48

How refreshing to see a show like this from the national media. When the Browns win, it's usually focused on the other team. This time, on the Browns:

wolves82

Brissett threw the ball with great accuracy again, and makes mostly good decisions. Conservative, safe decisions, but good ones. He can sneak for the tough yard. I think he is Stefanski's dream QB in this offense. I hope he keeps playing like this.

Steelers have a good defense. Any chance when #4 comes back there is a tough decision for Stefanski? If Brissett plays this well against the really tough defenses in the coming weeks (Chargers, Buffalo, Tampa), would Stefanski stick with him when Watson comes back? People would lose their minds. But I hope it happens, because that means the Browns are winning.

brian1227

Brissett threw the ball with great accuracy again, and makes mostly good decisions. Conservative, safe decisions, but good ones. He can sneak for the tough yard. I think he is Stefanski's dream QB in this offense. I hope he keeps playing like this.

Steelers have a good defense. Any chance when #4 comes back there is a tough decision for Stefanski? If Brissett plays this well against the really tough defenses in the coming weeks (Chargers, Buffalo, Tampa), would Stefanski stick with him when Watson comes back? People would lose their minds. But I hope it happens, because that means the Browns are winning.
Lmao deshaun starting

clarkgriswold

Deshaun Watsondermytowel is going to start when his suspension is lifted. Stefanski will have no choice in that. $230 million and a mortgage on their future tells me d-bag Jimmy won't have it any other way.

Auggie

Anthony Walker Jr. is out for the season with a quad tendon tear. That sucks :(
That was a f-ed up play. Not that it would have made a difference to the injury but when that 300 lb dude fell on top of him like a WWE heavyweight looking for a pin he should have been tossed.

soccerdad72

That was a f-ed up play. Not that it would have made a difference to the injury but when that 300 lb dude fell on top of him like a WWE heavyweight looking for a pin he should have been tossed.

I agree - I assume the quad was torn before the dude sandwiched him, but that was a crappy play by that lineman.

arizonawildcat

I was very impressed with Brissett last night. Mainly, he didn't do anything stupid. His passes were accurate, though mostly short. If he plays like that the rest of the season maybe Watson will not immediately step in once the suspension is over.

clarkgriswold

There was another incident with a Steelers d lineman pulling around a Browns lineman by his facemask that was completely missed. I thougth that was one of the reasons for 7 officials, to catch that stuff off of the ball.

wolves82

Lmao deshaun starting
I realize that it is 99%+ that Watson starts when he returns. My question was a "what if..." question.

What if somehow Brissett keep playing like he did against the Steelers, and the team is something like 7-4 when Watson returns? Then what? Do you break up the rhythm of a winning team, and plug in a talented QB who has not played in 2 years? I would not.

We all know you love Watson, we know you wish you were one of DeShaun's massage professionals, so you could finish him off. But would you really mess up a winning team just to put your man crush in at QB?

y2h

I realize that it is 99%+ that Watson starts when he returns. My question was a "what if..." question.

What if somehow Brissett keep playing like he did against the Steelers, and the team is something like 7-4 when Watson returns? Then what? Do you break up the rhythm of a winning team, and plug in a talented QB who has not played in 2 years? I would not.

We all know you love Watson, we know you wish you were one of DeShaun's massage professionals, so you could finish him off. But would you really mess up a winning team just to put your man crush in at QB?
It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for Stefanski.

Say he sticks with Brissett the first week Watson is eligible. The team loses and especially if Brissett has a key INT. "OmG you had Watson and started Jacoby Brissett?!?!"

If Watson comes back and jumps right into the job you risk alienating the locker room that has gone to battle with Brissett for the first 11 weeks.

OldSoulon

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for Stefanski.

Say he sticks with Brissett the first week Watson is eligible. The team loses and especially if Brissett has a key INT. "OmG you had Watson and started Jacoby Brissett?!?!"

If Watson comes back and jumps right into the job you risk alienating the locker room that has gone to battle with Brissett for the first 11 weeks.
It's a good game for Watson to come back, against a weak team, can shake off the rust.