2022 Cleveland Browns Thread

Hope NFLPA sues the piss out of them. We've reached a point in this country where many label you guilty until proven innocent. And some will never accept facts. You are always guilty no matter what. Feelings matter more than proof now. Grand juries don't charge him criminally and it doesn't matter. Gotta give in to the woke
Of course it doesn’t matter. The NFL’s player code of conduct has nothing to do with the law.

Would you expect a proctologist to be an expert in neurology?
This would have been a great retort if it was widely known what type of law you practice. I’d also hope any lawyer would have a basic understanding of how unions work. I apologize for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
The NFLPA may sue for optics, but even they know they’ll lose. The NFLPA and NFL agreed to everything in this process a year ago. Obviously the NFLPA knew when they signed that there was the possibility the league would appeal sometime in the next 10 years. I’m not sure anyone thought it’d be under this scenario with such a huge media story

This would have been a great retort if it was widely known what type of law you practice. I’d also hope any lawyer would have a basic understanding of how unions work. I apologize for giving you the benefit of the doubt.
I think many around here do know what kind of law I practice…criminal.

Your assumption about what lawyers know in other areas…well, you know what they say about that word. I know more than Joe Six Pack…but I’m not expert, just as I’m not expert at playing QB in the NFL.

Of course it doesn’t matter. The NFL’s player code of conduct has nothing to do with the law.
It's not just the NFL. It's the talking heads taking all the accusations as gospel and ignoring anything that comes out which helps Watsons case.

NFLPA should use the race angle on this. Black player getting crushed for same kind of stuff rich white owners skated on.

Goodell is a dictator. The arbitrator judge should step down if she has any self esteem. It was a show trial type thing just so Roger could step in to try to play hero.

It's not just the NFL. It's the talking heads taking all the accusations as gospel and ignoring anything that comes out which helps Watsons case.

NFLPA should use the race angle on this. Black player getting crushed for same kind of stuff rich white owners skated on.

Goodell is a dictator. The arbitrator judge should step down if she has any self esteem. It was a show trial type thing just so Roger could step in to try to play hero.
Not really relevant since your post was about it not mattering to the NFL and that the NFLPA should sue the NFL.

I think many around here do know what kind of law I practice…criminal.

Your assumption about what lawyers know in other areas…well, you know what they say about that word. I know more than Joe Six Pack…but I’m not expert, just as I’m not expert at playing QB in the NFL.
Again, my apologies for giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’d have a basic understanding of how a union works.

Again, my apologies for giving you the benefit of the doubt that you’d have a basic understanding of how a union works.
Good thought...

I've wanted to suggest this for a long time. Maybe everyone who posts on Yappi should be required to list their schooling, their degrees, their jobs. Seems like a good idea moving forward...

First off. ...this was collectively bargained they can do the appeal in this fashion.

Also.....this is about the reputation of the league, the Shield. That arbitrator has no skin in this game...it aint her businesss that is tarnished by deviant behavior.

The NFL needs to do this to a sexual predator and deviant. 6 games. What a joke.

Understood…

It‘s a stretch, but Watson can argue that it’s unfair on its face and that he didn’t agree to it personally.
Then why have a union? Which I've always wondered anyway. Pro athletes don't need a union. They are hardly being treated badly by management.

There are almost 2,000 players in the NFL, the union is needed for the majority: health care, retirement/pension, salary minimum’s, free agency, etc. The starting qb’s and stars in the league may not get as much from the union and yes, this appeal system is not 100% fair but it was collectively bargained just last year & it is better than what it was before. Reality of life is the 31 NFL owners, large Corp CEO’s, Presidents, the Michael Jordan’s of the world simply are able to get away with things that the mass majority of us can not. Watson may lose a year and some $$$ but he still ended up far better than what 99% of us would if we had did what he is accused of - he will cash over $200 mil over the next 5 years.

The talk of the NFL going woke is a complete joke, you are fooling yourselves. The NFL 1st priority is $$$, no one does it as good as the NFL. Watson’s ACTIONS threaten this, the NFL will punish him accordingly. The Haslam’s went rogue and threw off the qb pay scale & fully guaranteed the contract - there are 30 billionaires who are upset by this. Suspending Watson for the year is a punishment/reminder to Haslam on what is expected by the NFL owners.

Last edited:
There are almost 2,000 players in the NFL, the union is needed for the majority: health care, retirement/pension, salary minimum’s, free agency, etc. The starting qb’s and stars in the league may not get as much from the union and yes, this appeal system is not 100% fair but it was collectively bargained just last year & it is better than what it was before. Reality of life is the 31 NFL owners, large Corp CEO’s, Presidents, the Michael Jordan’s of the world simply are able to get away with thinks that the mass majority of us can not. Watson may lose a year and some $$$ but he still ended up far better than what 99% of us would if we had did what he is accused of - he will cash over $200 mil over the next 5 years.

The talk of the NFL going woke is a complete joke, you are fooling yourselves. The NFL 1st priority is $$$, no one does it as good as the NFL. Watson’s ACTIONS threaten this, the NFL will punish him accordingly. The Haslam’s went rogue and threw off the qb pay scale & fully guaranteed the contract - there are 30 billionaires who are upset by this. Suspending Watson for the year is a punishment/reminder to Haslam on what is expected by the NFL owners.
Concur.
The last CBA was blasted.......buy the elites in the league, but in reality the newest deal was better for a vast majority of the players. Average is still less than 4 years in the league.

PLayers do need the union because, well, if not they would get taken to the cleaners by the owners.

For discipline purposes...we all know that the union helps the bad employees and those who do wrong. Was on both side of the Teamsters isle for 6-7 years and it would be so frustrating to see the Union back and fight for horrible employee behavoir, but they pay dues to be protected.

Last edited:
It was going to be a sheet storm no matter what the punishment; IMHO Watson gets 12 game suspension; hopefully Watson appeals and he plays the first 5 games :whistle:

Not really relevant since your post was about it not mattering to the NFL and that the NFLPA should sue the NFL.
I know you like to instigate and post on semantics but it's very relevant. The media has power to twist things and create a narrative. I bet with other teams that are more favored , they'd play the comeback card and learning from his mistakes. They'd also highlight all the inaccuracies that came out in court and the stuff that favored Watson.

Instead they went the woke way where they had to highlight all the stuff that supports the women while leaving out everything benefiting Watson from their stories and outrage. The media stories and way of covering this had a big impact

I know you like to instigate and post on semantics but it's very relevant. The media has power to twist things and create a narrative. I bet with other teams that are more favored , they'd play the comeback card and learning from his mistakes. They'd also highlight all the inaccuracies that came out in court and the stuff that favored Watson.

Instead they went the woke way where they had to highlight all the stuff that supports the women while leaving out everything benefiting Watson from their stories and outrage. The media stories and way of covering this had a big impact
Properly punishing a sexual predator and deviant doesnt just support women, it supports humankind.

Properly punishing a sexual predator and deviant doesnt just support women, it supports humankind.
These same people claiming to support women don't have any concern when men compete against them in sports and crush them and their opportunities....

A lot of hypocrisy with these woke individuals

The stories and coverage have been entirely one sided. That's the bottom line.

These same people claiming to support women don't have any concern when men compete against them in sports and crush them and their opportunities....

Watson and Rust Hardin made it awfully easy for the media.

Blanket statement much?

Vast majority of those who support the women in this case also are against men competing in women sports. The subset whom actually support men competing in womens sports are so low.

This isnt about in sports and only fools make that leap.

It is about a sexual predator getting a mere six games for diddling at least 24 therapists. It tarnishes the image of the game and The Shield and his actions need to be dealt with much tougher than the arbitrator who has zero skin in this game. Game already had a bad image with crimes against women with Rapisburger, Rice and many others.

The repeated deviant behavior, and close behind the absolute zero remorse and concern for those whom he assaulted shows he has learned not a damned thing. People screw up, no doubt, but when they dont own up to it, show some sort of remorse then the punishment needs to be amped up because he obviously has not learned a damned thing.

Blanket statement much?

Vast majority of those who support the women in this case also are against men competing in women sports. The subset whom actually support men competing in womens sports are so low.

This isnt about in sports and only fools make that leap.

It is about a sexual predator getting a mere six games for diddling at least 24 therapists. It tarnishes the image of the game and The Shield and his actions need to be dealt with much tougher than the arbitrator who has zero skin in this game. Game already had a bad image with crimes against women with Rapisburger, Rice and many others.

The repeated deviant behavior, and close behind the absolute zero remorse and concern for those whom he assaulted shows he has learned not a damned thing. People screw up, no doubt, but when they dont own up to it, show some sort of remorse then the punishment needs to be amped up because he obviously has not learned a damned thing.
If you don't see the holes in a lot of stories from these women, you either weren't paying attention or have some grudge against the Browns. Seem like a Steelers fan.

The media of course hid all of this stuff that came out and went with thr one sided reporting. It had a big impact on this case. And yes I maintain that if a golden franchise got Watson , the narrative would be way different. If the saints got him , both sides would be reported. And the arbitrator decision would stand. Of course the league wants to make an example with a Browns player after the Ravens and Steelers skate in the past. Par for the course.

Not instigating or playing semantics. The NFL’s code of conduct is not tied to the law, as such grand juries and no guilty plea have no impact on with the NFL’s decision to punish/punish more than Robson decided.

If Watson is white this story isn't covered by the media.

It's crazy how racist mainstream media journalists are avoiding stories about Robert Kraft, Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones because they are rich old white guys in the NFL. Really bad look for ESPN. Thankfully Josina Anderson is independent from them now and will give us real facts